What's for dinner tonight? Choose from over 20 easy dinner recipes that will help you quickly decide what to make for dinner on busy weeknights when you're short on time. Feed your squad a wholesome dinner ... and get on with your evening. That's how we roll!
What's for dinner tonight? Real food in 30
If you don't know what to cook for dinner sometimes (or most of the time), start with my collection of reliable dinner recipes below. These everyday recipes...
- require basic cooking skills
- use real ingredients
- are geared for everyday, busy cooks
Many of these recipes also meet multiple dietary restrictions. We always welcome you to visit my vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free recipe collections! And check out my entire collection of 30-minute meals if you want to browse lunch and breakfast recipes too.
How to find easy dinner recipes and supper ideas for busy weeknights
- Find dinner recipes with familiar ingredients!
- Look for easy recipes that get you excited to make them!
- Make sure the dinner recipe indicates 30-minute cook times or less, which is enough time to make a salad or side dish.
- Look for clearly written recipe instructions.
- Find everyday recipes that match your cooking abilities.
- Read recipe comments (online recipes) for recipe notes from actual test-drivers.
- Collect easy dinner recipes from reliable sources known for well-tested recipes.
Don't let the simplicity of these easy meal tips fool you. They'll help you become more efficient at deciding on things to eat for dinner and crushing your weeknight cooking agenda.
How to make easy dinner recipes truly easy
"Help! I don't know what to make for dinner ..." usually happens because we don't have a system in place. Here's my 5 step solution that probably seems to good to be true. But, it really isn't complicated to get more prepared before you cook.
- Choose familiar, everyday recipes using common, affordable ingredients.
- Make a date with yourself to research and clip recipes for the meals you want to eat next week.
- Inventory your kitchen ingredients and make a grocery list of what you don't have. This is key ... buy the ingredients in advance. Avoid same-day shop and cook, if possible.
- Gather and prep ingredients in advance of cooking (washing, chopping, measuring, etc).
- Get familiar with the recipe steps before you start making the recipe. You'll save precious time by doing this.
Over 20 quick dinner ideas and easy meals to get you in and out of the kitchen on busy weeknights. These well-tested dinner recipes are made with wholesome ingredients and suited for everyday cooks. Dinner recipes include pasta, stir fry, soup, pizza, enchiladas, and chicken. Cuisines include Italian, Mexican, Chinese, and Classic American.
- Instant Pot Spaghetti
- Instant Pot Tuna Casserole
- Easy Broiled Salmon
- Thai Peanut Zucchini Noodles
- Juicy Oven Baked Chicken Thighs
- Lasagna Soup for Instant Pot or Stove
- Kale Sesame Noodles
- Taco Pasta (Instant Pot or Stove)
- Veggie Lo Mein
- Garlic Butter Grilled Salmon
- Vegan Thai Coconut Vegetable Curry
- One Pot Tuscan Chicken Pasta
- Lightened Up Skillet Tuna Casserole
- Rotisserie Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Tortilla Pizza
- Hidden Veggie Marinara Sauce
- No-Roll Vegetarian Enchiladas
- Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo
- Kale Chickpea Soup In A Hurry
- Italian Sausage Soup with Orzo
- Simple Baked Chicken Legs
- Easy Chicken Fried Rice
- One Pot Chicken Brocoli and Rice
- Instant Pot Shrimp with Lemon Cream Sauce
- White Bean and Kale Soup (Instant Pot or Stove)
- Minestrone Soup (Instant Pot or Stove)
Pick your favorite recipes, add them to your meal plan for the week, and enjoy!