I’ve put together 20 easy dinner recipes to get you in and out of the kitchen on busy weeknights…or any night. The “what to make for dinner” struggle is real, but this lineup will find you crushing wholesome weeknight meals in 30 minutes (or less). Feed your people a great meal and get on with the evening…that’s our jam.
Does “life” get in your way of meal planning quick dinners you can actually make? Or, do you simply not cook enough to have an arsenal of reliable dinner recipes?
If ‘yes’ and/or ‘yes’… don’t worry, it happens! This is why I’ve put together some of my easiest dinner recipes and am pretty sure you’ll find a handful of new favs among them. Check out our entire collection of 30-minute meals if you wanna hoard even more dinner ideas than the rockstars we’ve included here!
These recipes call for simple cooking skills with real ingredients. They’re geared for everyday cooks so, no fancy-pants here! Many of these recipes also meet multiple dietary restrictions. We always welcome you to visit our vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free recipe collections!
How to find easy dinner recipes that actually work for you
- Look for recipes that get you excited to make them!
- Make sure the dinner recipe indicates 30-minute cook times (or less).
- Find dinner recipes that use ingredients that are familiar to you.
- Look for clearly written recipe instructions.
- Find recipes that match your cooking abilities.
- Read recipe comments (online recipes) for recipe notes from actual test-drivers.
Don’t let the simplicity of these tips fool you. They’ll help you become more efficient at crushing your weeknight cooking agenda.
How to make easy dinner recipes even easier
- Print or save the recipe(s) to save time searching later.
- Buy ingredients in advance.
- Prep ingredients in advance (chopping, washing, etc).
- Understand the recipe steps before you hop in to make it (I’m so guilty of NOT doing this 🤣)
Here are 20 quick dinner ideas for you to grab and add to your weeknight recipe collection. These well-tested recipes are made with wholesome ingredients and suited for everyday cooks who want dinner in 30 minutes. Dinner recipes include pasta, stir fry, soup, pizza, enchiladas, and chicken. Cuisines include Italian, Mexican, Chinese, and Classic American.