Baked Feta Pasta is the scrumptious tomato feta pasta known as viral TikTok pasta. Cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, pasta, olive oil, and seasonings are all you need for this delicious and creamy feta pasta bake!
You might recognize this Baked Feta Pasta recipe from the viral TikTok videos that have taken the internet by storm. Of course I had to get in on this one. So, I'm here to report that Tiktok pasta is worth the hype!
If you are one who loves feta cheese, cherry tomatoes, and pasta – and you're into comfort food, TikTok pasta is the creamy, dreamy combination of these.
Do you need to be a good cook? Nope, minimal cooking skills are required for this delish pasta dish! You simply bake the feta and tomatoes, cook the pasta while that's happening, then combine everything. It's that easy to make the viral baked feta pasta.
- feta cheese - I recommend block feta over crumbled, but either will work.
- cherry tomatoes - Any tomatoes will work but cherry tomatoes tend to be the sweetest variety, which nicely compliments the savory, salty, and tart flavors of the feta.
- extra virgin olive oil - You can use an olive oil blend too.
- black pepper - I always recommend fresh cracked pepper
- garlic cloves - Don't skimp on the fresh garlic for this recipe. You'll thank me later.
- fresh oregano and parsley - You can used the dried spices, but I think the fresh herbs really make this dish Italian.
- pasta - Use your favorite pasta shape and variety including semolina, gluten free, wheat pasta – all pastas are welcome!
- water - Always save some water from stove-cooked pasta if needed to adjust sauce consistency.
- sea salt - I add this to the pasta water only. It's not necessary to salt this dish because the baked feta sauce will be naturally salty.
How to make baked feta pasta
30 minutes is all it takes to get this gorgeous feta pasta dish on the table. I've included step by step photos, but feel free to skip down to the printable recipe.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Place FETA CHEESE and CHERRY TOMATOES in baking dish. Add OLIVE OIL, BLACK PEPPER, GARLIC, and OREGANO, stirring to coat tomatoes. Bake 25 minutes uncovered. Meanwhile, cook pasta using stove or Instant Pot method.
Carefully remove baked feta and tomatoes from the oven. The tomatoes will be bursting and the feta will be smooth and creamy. Stir feta and tomatoes together until well-combined and creamy.
Fold cooked pasta into the sauce to coat. If needed, add reserved pasta water in small amounts to adjust sauce consistency. Serve warm, garnished with fresh PARSLEY.
How to serve baked feta pasta
TikTok pasta is crazy easy, yet elegant enough for any dinner occasion. Serve it as a main dish with French Bread or Crostini along with your favorite salad. Or feature it as a pasta side dish to any of these delicious entrees.
- Greek Lemon Roasted Chicken Thighs
- Instant Pot Pulled Pork
- Baked Chicken Thighs
- Baked Chicken Legs
- Broiled Salmon
- Garlic Butter Grilled Salmon
Frequently asked questions
Cherry tomatoes work best for this recipe because they cook down quickly and require minimal preparation. They’re sweet with bright bursts of acidity that pairs perfectly with the sharpness of the cheese in baked feta pasta.
I recommend a classic, bite-sized pasta shape such as the gemelli you see in these pictures. Penne or bowtie pasta also work well because they have nooks and crannies to collect the delicious cherry tomato and feta sauce.
Here are some tips to help you pull this recipe together with success.
- Cook pasta while baking the feta and cherry tomatoes to save time.
- Use the Instant Pot to cook the pasta for the ultimate hands-free experience.
- During warmer months, use a countertop oven (or toaster oven) to bake the feta and cherry tomatoes to avoid heating up your kitchen.
- If possible, use cherry tomatoes instead of larger tomatoes because their sweetness and acidity work well with the flavors of this entree.
- Use a quality feta block cheese - we love the Valbreso French Sheep Milk Feta Cheese from Costco.
- Any pasta variety will work for this recipe such as semolina pasta, wheat pasta, and gluten free pasta.
More easy pasta recipes
- Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo
- Chicken Penne Pasta
- Traditional Beef Stroganoff
- Skillet Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Taco Pasta
- Instant pot Tuna Casserole
- Ham and Pea Pasta Alfredo
Baked Feta Pasta (TikTok Pasta)
- 1 (8 ounce package) Feta Cheese
- 1 quart Whole Cherry Tomatoes, 4 cups
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil, or more as needed
- pinch Black Pepper
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- ¼ cup Fresh Parsley, chopped, or 1 teaspoon dried
- ¼ cup Fresh Oregano, chopped, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 8 ounces Dried Pasta, any kind
- Water, to cook pasta
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil, add to pasta after cooking
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place FETA CHEESE and CHERRY TOMATOES in baking dish.
- Add OLIVE OIL, BLACK PEPPER, GARLIC, and OREGANO, stirring to coat tomatoes.
- Bake 25 minutes uncovered.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta using package instructions. When draining, reserve ½ cup pasta water.
- Carefully remove baked feta and tomatoes from the oven. The tomato skin will be browned and bursting. The feta will be smooth and creamy.
- Stir tomatoes and feta together until creamy.
- Fold cooked pasta into the sauce to coat.
- If needed, add reserved pasta water in small amounts to adjust sauce consistency.
- Serve warm, garnished with fresh PARSLEY.
Traci's Recipe Notes
Nutrition data provided as courtesy estimates using unbranded ingredients from a nutrition database. Please consult preferred resource for precise data.