Fall Apart Chicken Vegetable Crockpot Soup is a true, toss-and-go crockpot recipe with no hidden steps, no unusual ingredients, no learning curve, and the chicken falls apart effortlessly. We even included a video to prove how easy it is in my all-in-one slow cooker.
Fall Apart Chicken Vegetable Crockpot Soup
Wanna know the secret to making fall-apart chicken vegetable crockpot soup? Boneless, skinless, chicken thighs.
Yep, only took my whole lifetime to realize it because I was always so set in my ways to use boneless, skinless, chicken breasts (as a healthier choice).
But when it comes to crockpot cooking, boneless white meat overcooks too easily and dries out. It pretty much resembles a thick, chunk of leather.
I know you know what I’m talkin’ about here. So…I’m ok with a few calories and a little extra fat from thigh meat.
After all, it’s still considered a lean meat choice – and the flavor and texture…totally worth it!
What are my favorite things about using boneless, skinless, chicken thigh meat in crockpot cooking?
- You can slow cook it for 2 hours or 8 hours…it’s tender and juicy either way.
- It falls apart so easily, you can shred it with a pair of tongs in one hand.
- There’s NO bones or gristle to sift out, which shaves off time and energy.
- Flavor, yo!
What slow cooker did I use in the video?
Any crock-pot will handle this soup, but I used the Aroma Professional Plus Rice Cooker, Slow Cooker, Steamer.
I love this thing because it’s an all-in-one cooker that makes perfect quinoa and steel cut oats. Super affordable too…under $50!
Here are the easy steps to get Fall Apart Chicken Vegetable Crockpot Soup from one to done :
- chop vegetables
- gather other ingredients
- throw everything in a slow cooker
- set cooker on low or high
- during last 1/2 hour, add peas and corn
- just before serving, shred chicken
- (optional) top with shredded parmesan cheese when serving
Here are the ingredients you’ll need for this recipe:
- boneless, skinless, chicken thighs
- chicken stock
- salt, pepper, bay leaf, thyme
- bay leaf
- peas and corn
Kitchen tools you’ll find helpful for this recipe:
- chef knife
- cutting board
- Aroma professional plus rice cooker, slow cooker, steamer or crock-pot
- baking sheet
- serving ladle (stainless steel)
Wanna another super easy comfort food chicken recipe?
Check out my Simple Baked Chicken Leg Drumsticks for the nights when you need hands-free dinner in under an hour.
Be sure to add these other soup/chili recipes to your collection too!
This Easy Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili recipe involves a quick prep, no pre-cooking, and a set-and-forget method.
My Vegan Chili with NO Weird Ingredients is another winner that can slow cook all day, or is ready in a few hours.
In a super-duper hurry? Here’s my 10 Minute Pesto Chicken Gnocchi Soup.
* Note: This post has affiliate links, which means I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support and please let me know if you have product questions!