Crockpot Chicken Vegetable Soup is a true, toss-and-go Crockpot chicken soup recipe with no hidden steps, no unusual ingredients, and no learning curve. It’s made with lots of veggies and chicken so tender, it literally falls apart!
Crockpot Chicken Vegetable Soup
Wanna know the secret to making fall-apart, crockpot chicken soup?
Boneless, skinless, chicken thighs.
Yep, it only took my whole lifetime to discover this because I was always so set in my ways to use boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, as a healthier choice.
When it comes to crockpot cooking, boneless white meat overcooks, dries out, and resembles a thick, chunk of leather.
I know you know what I’m talkin’ about here.
So…I’m ok with a few calories and a little extra fat from thigh meat.
After all, it’s still considered a lean meat choice and the flavor and texture are totally worth it!
What I love about boneless, skinless, chicken thigh meat in crockpot cooking?
- You can slow cook it for 2 hours or 8 hours…it’s tender and juicy either way.
- It falls apart so easily, you can shred it with a pair of tongs in one hand.
- There are NO bones or gristle to sift out, which shaves off time and energy.
- All that flavor, yo!
What crockpot did I use in the video?
Crockpot Chicken Vegetable Soup [steps]
1. chop vegetables
2. throw everything in a slow cooker
3. set cooker on low for 4 hours or high for 2 hours
4. during last 1/2 hour, add peas and corn
5. just before serving, remove and shred the chicken, and add it back to the pot
Crockpot Chicken Vegetable Soup Ingredients
- chicken thighs
- chicken stock
- salt, pepper, bay leaf, dried thyme
- frozen peas
- frozen corn
Kitchen tools you’ll need:
- chef knife
- cutting board
- crock-pot or all-in-one cooker
- baking sheet
- serving ladle (stainless steel)
Want more chicken recipes?
Simple Baked Chicken Leg Drumsticks for the nights when you need hands-free dinner in under an hour.
This Easy Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili recipe involves a quick prep, no pre-cooking, and a set-and-forget method.
3 Bean Vegan Chili for Instant Pot, Stove, or Crockpot is another winner that can slow cook all day, or is ready in a few hours.
Check out 10 Minute Pesto Chicken Gnocchi Soup for those super duper busy weeknights!