Thai Peanut Zoodles are zucchini noodles sauteed with simple, fresh vegetables tossed in a delectable Thai peanut sauce. Thai zoodles are mildly spicy and sweet and can be enjoyed cold or warm!
Why you'll love this recipe
This Thai zucchini pasta packs SO much personality into one meal! It's sweet, spicy, and tastes like summer in a bowl, yet can be made any season of the year. Serve zucchini pasta warm as an easy dinner recipe, or chill it for your weekday lunch.
Thai zucchini noodles answer all the demands of healthy, delicious, minimalist cooking all year, but especially during zucchini season. It's so easy to spiralize a whole zucchini, slice a few vegetables, whip up the 5-minute peanut sauce, and stir fry everything together.
Ingredients you'll need
- green onions
- red bell pepper
- purple cabbage
- zoodles - spiralized zucchini noodles
- garnish: cilantro and lime
Thai Peanut Sauce
- peanut butter
- soy sauce
- rice vinegar
- maple syrup
- sriracha or chili paste
- plain water
How to make this recipe
To prep the vegetables, spiralize zucchini, shred carrots, slice bell peppers and cabbage, and chop green onions. I recommend using the white stalk for sauteing and the green tops for garnish.
To make the peanut sauce, whisk sauce ingredients together, adding water in small amounts to adjust consistency. The sauce should be thin enough to drizzle over the noodles but thick enough to stick to them.
Next, sauté the onions, bell pepper, and carrots in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add the zucchini noodles and sauté for a few minutes until they’re al dente. Do not overcook them.
Remove skillet from heat to prevent overcooking the zoodles. Gently fold in the peanut sauce in small amounts until you reach your preferred noodle-to-sauce ratio.
Serve the peanut sauced noodles heated, at room temp, or chilled. Garnish with green onions, chopped peanuts, chopped cilantro, and fresh lime wedges.
Pro tip: If you made the peanut sauce ahead and it's chilled, bring it to room temperature to soften it. This makes it easier to coat the noodles.
Make ahead tips
When you make this recipe ahead, it saves time and lets you hop right into a beautiful, healthy meal instead of reaching for frozen junk food. Here's how to make this recipe ahead:
- Prep all produce (slice and spiralize) and store, uncooked and unmixed, in an airtight container.
- Make the peanut sauce and refrigerate seperately from the prepped vegetables.
- To serve, continue to the saute instructions in the recipe.
Easy Asian recipes
- Kale Sesame Noodles
- Turmeric Chickpea Buddha Bowl
- Zoodle Quinoa Bowl
- Vegetable Lo Mein Noodles
- Vegan Thai Lentil Chickpea Curry
- Thai Coconut Soup
Thai Peanut Zoodles Recipe
Peanut Sauce (makes ½ cup)
- ⅓ cup Unsweetened Peanut Butter
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Unseasoned Rice Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Ginger, finely grated
- 1 clove Garlic, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- Water, as needed to adjust consistency
Vegetables and Zoodles
- 2 tablespoons Avocado Oil
- 2 Green Onions, thinly sliced; stalk and stem separated
- 1 large Carrot, shredded (about 1 cup)
- ½ large Red Bell Pepper, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- ¼ pound Purple Cabbage, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 Zucchini, spiralized (3-4 cups)
Make the 5-minute peanut sauce
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together PEANUT BUTTER, SOY SAUCE, RICE VINEGAR, MAPLE SYRUP, GINGER, GARLIC, and CAYENNE until well-combined.
- Slowly add small amounts of WATER and continue whisking until sauce reaches desired consistency.
Cook the zoodles and vegetables
- In a large skillet, heat OIL on medium-high heat.
- Add GREEN ONION (white part only), CARROT, BELL PEPPER, and CABBAGE; sauté a few minutes until tender.
- Add spiralized ZUCCHINI; sauté about 2 minutes until zoodles start to soften. Turn off the heat.
- Gently fold in PEANUT SAUCE in small amounts as desired for consistency.
- Serve warm or chilled garnished with green onion tops, crushed peanuts, cilantro, and lime.
- To store, refrigerate in an airtight container up to 2 days.
- vegetable peeler to shred carrots
- 12" nonstick skillet
Nutrition data provided as courtesy estimates using unbranded ingredients from a nutrition database. Please consult preferred resource for precise data.