Thai Peanut Zucchini Noodles are spiralized zucchini noodles, briefly sautéed with carrots, bell pepper, and green onions. They’re gently tossed in my easy peanut sauce, and served warm or chilled. They’re ready in 30 and perfect for meal prep!
Thai Peanut Zucchini Noodles
Who loves Thai noodles? I do!
How about zucchini noodles? Hallelujah hands over here!
Time to break out my fav spiralizer and put it to work today.
This recipe will make you crave some zoodles, whether you’re a zucchini noodle first-timer, or a spiralizing pro!
Zucchini noodles are my favorite way to eat noodles without the carbs.
What’s the best spiralizer for zucchini noodles?
I have owned (and LOVED) this spiralizer for a few years. [not sponsored btw, just a fangirl of OXO]
It does everything I need, and at $40, this baby has more than paid for itself many times over.
If you don’t have a countertop spiralizer, you can use this handheld Vegetable Peeler and Slicer, which I actually did before I got the hand-crank version.
You can also use an everyday vegetable peeler, cutting ribbons of zucchini in a lengthwise direction until you reach the middle (seeds).
This can take a little longer. I’ve done it. LOVE the texture!
Thai Peanut Zoodle Recipe Tips
Can you spiralize carrots?
You can spiralize carrots if they’re large enough, but I find it to be wasteful since the whole center of the carrot doesn’t get spiralized.
I actually prefer to use this Vegetable Peeler and Slicer I mentioned earlier, because it’s super easy to use with virtually no waste.
How do you make zucchini noodles not watery or soggy?
I’ve discovered (through trial and error) that if I want to avoid soggy zoodles for any recipe, the trick is to add small amounts of sauce to the zucchini noodles.
I’ve found this this to be true with both raw and cooked zoodles.
They’re not starchy like wheat pasta, so there’s nowhere for the extra sauce to go…except to the bottom of the bowl. Nobody likes that.
1) prepare vegetables (can be done ahead of time)
2) make Thai peanut sauce (can be done ahead of time)
3) sauté veggies until slightly tender
4) toss prepared noodles in peanut sauce; serve warm or chilled
How to meal prep / make ahead Thai Peanut Zoodles
Prep raw vegetables:
- spiralize zucchini
- julienne or shred carrots
- chop green onions (separate white and green parts)
Prep this super easy peanut sauce in 5 minutes!
- Combine all peanut sauce ingredients together and store in an airtight container.
- On meal prep day, allow sauce to come to room temperature so it spreads easier.
- If it needs thinning, add water in small amounts to reach desired consistency
Prep (optional) garnish ingredients:
- chopped peanuts
- chopped cilantro
- fresh lime wedges
On your meal prep cook date:
- Follow the recipe instructions (below) for preparation of this dish (sauté the veggies and toss them in peanut sauce)
- Divide cooked, sauce-coated vegetables into airtight, meal prep containers.
- Top with (optional) garnish ingredients
- Store portions in refrigerator up to 4 days; serve warm or cold.
Thai Peanut Zucchini Noodles Ingredients:
- avocado oil (or oil of your choice)
- green onions
- red bell pepper
- spiralized zucchini noodles
- Thai peanut sauce
- (optional toppings) crushed peanuts, cilantro, lime, chili oil
Kitchen tools I use for this recipe
- chef knife and cutting board
- small mixing bowl
- microplane zester
- silicone tongs
- microplane zester
- nonstick skillet or wok
Want more easy Asian vegan noodle recipes?