WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW IS IT USED?
- Information You Voluntarily Submit to the Website: This website may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to the Website by leaving a comment, subscribing to a newsletter, or submitting a contact form.
- Information We Collect from Others: This website may receive information about you from other sources. For example, if you use a third-party software through the site, they may transfer information to us for fulfillment.
- Automatically-Collected Information: This website automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access the Website. For example, when you use the Website, we will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Website. This website may also collect information about actions you take when using the Website, such as links clicked.
- Cookies: This website may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser by the Website. This website may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience on the Website.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION MAY BE USED
This website may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain the Website;
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings;
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries;
- To provide you with user support;
- To track and measure advertising on the Website;
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity.
THIRD-PARTY USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
This website may share your information with third parties when you explicitly authorize us to share your information. Additionally, this website may use third-party service providers service various aspects of the website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies.
The Website currently uses the following third-party service providers:
- Google Analytics – this service tracks Website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on the Website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics.
- Mailchimp – this service is used for delivery of email updates and newsletters. We store your name and email address for purposes of delivering such communications.
- Google Docs – this service is used to submit forms and applications to us. Your information is stored in Google Drive and is provided only to those on our team with logins.
- Wordfence – this service is used to keep the Website secure. It is powered by a constantly updated Threat Defense Feed, and helps stop the Website from getting hacked. Constant scanning leverages the same proprietary feed, alerting us quickly in the event the site is compromised. The Live Traffic view gives us real-time visibility into traffic and hack attempts on the website.
- Rafflecopter – this service is used to run giveaways. If you enter a giveaway, we collect your name, email address, and may collect your social media handle.
At this time, your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications. This list may be amended from time to time in the website’s sole discretion.
Except when required by law, we will not sell, distribute, or reveal your email addresses or other personal information without your consent; however, we may disclose or transfer personal information collected through the Website to third parties who acquire all or a portion of our business, which may be the result of a merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
From time to time, we may use anonymous data, which does not identify you alone, or when combined with data from other parties. This type of anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Examples of this anonymous data may include analytics or information collected from cookies.
PUBLICLY VISIBLE INFORMATION
If you create a user profile on the Website or leave a comment, certain information may be publicly visible.
Users may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies, by the Website, by using a corresponding setting of your internet browser and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. However, if users deactivate the setting of cookies in your Internet browser, not all functions of our Website may be entirely usable.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please see: http://optout.networkadvertising.org.
Sponsored Content Tracking Pixels
This Website may engage in sponsored campaigns with various influencer networks, brands, and agencies. All sponsored content is duly disclosed in accordance with the FTC’s requirements. From time to time, these sponsored campaigns utilize tracking pixels (aka web beacons), which may contain cookies to collect data regarding usage and audience. This information is collected by the sponsoring company to track the results of the campaign. No personally identifiable information collected by the Website is used in conjunction with these tracking pixels.
Affiliate Program Participation
The Website may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
The Kitchen Girl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. As part of this Amazon Associates program, the Website will post customized links, provided by Amazon, to track the referrals to their website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
On the Website, you may subscribe to our newsletter, which may be used for advertising purposes. All newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking pixels, we may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. Also, this allows the Website to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user. This behavior will not be passed on to third parties.
RIGHTS RELATED TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Opt-out – You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also notify us at traci at thekitchengirl dot com be removed from our mailing list.
Access – You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to traci at thekitchengirl dot com.
Amend – You may contact us at traci at thekitchengirl dot com to amend or update your personal information.
Forget – In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to traci at thekitchengirl dot com.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
Subject to certain limits, under California law, California residents may ask us to provide them with a list of the categories of personal information that we have disclosed to third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year, as well as the identity of those third parties. California residents may contact us as specified in the “Contact Us” section below to make a request for this information. See more at http://consumercal.org/california-online-privacy-protection-act-caloppa/#sthash.0FdRbT51.dpuf
The Website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that the Website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact us immediately at traci at thekitchengirl dot com and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
The Kitchen Girl
PO Box 850
Geyserville, CA 95441
CONTESTS & GIVEAWAYS
- No purchase(s) necessary to win.
- Giveaways are for U.S. & Canada residents only (unless stated otherwise).
- Entrants must be 18 years of age or older to enter.
- Winners are chosen at random using Rafflecopter’s software.
- Winners will be notified by email shortly after the giveaway ends. We are not responsible if a winner’s email inbox settings mark or categorize our notification email as junk, spam or the like.
- Winners will have 48 hours to claim the prize or another winner may be chosen at our discretion.
- We are not responsible for lost or damaged items. Replacement items will not be provided.
- We may, at our discretion, make public the first name and last initial of our giveaway winners. All other contact information will remain private.
- Since all of our giveaways are for cash, goods and/or services valued at less than US$600, we don’t and won’t be sending any winner a form 1099-misc for US income tax purposes, and a winner’s tax considerations and any tax or tax-related obligations are entirely their own.
- We reserve the right to end, extend, or change a giveaway for any reason and without prior notice.
- We reserve the right to consider any entrant ineligible who has been a winner in one of our giveaways in the last 12 months.
- In any of our giveaways of products from certain companies, we reserve the right to limit the pool of eligible entrants to those persons who are not wholesale members, affiliates, contractors or employees of those companies.
- Odds of winning in one of our giveaways depend on number of entrants.
- Void where prohibited by law.
AFFILIATE MARKETING DISCLOSURE POLICY
From time to time, the Website may engage in affiliate marketing. This means that if you use an affiliate link to make a purchase, the Website will receive a commission on that purchase It does NOT result in any additional charges or costs to you.
All efforts are made to ensure that affiliate links are disclosed in accordance with the FTC.
The Kitchen Girl has made every effort to ensure that all information on the Website has been tested for accuracy. The Kitchen Girl makes no guarantees regarding the results that you will see from using the information provided on the Website.
The Website disclaims liability for incidental or consequential damages and assumes no responsibility or liability for any loss or damage suffered by any person as a result of use of the information provided on the Website. The Website assumes or undertakes no liability for any loss or damage suffered as a result of the use of any information found on the Website.
The views and opinions expressed by authors on this website are the result of interpreted ideas and concepts on behalf of each author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website. Any resemblance of information offered on this website to other sources are purely coincidental, unless noted otherwise. All comments contributed to this site are the sole responsibility of the contributor. The information provided on this website is not intended to be solely relied upon for any reason. This website does not offer legal, medical, dietary, financial, or psychiatric advice…or any type of advice for that matter. All information contained have been offered for informational purposes only. The content and opinions expressed on this website are in no way intended to offend, hurt, humiliate, defame or injure readers, observers or non-observers mentioned within the website’s content. It is the reader’s responsibility to practice safe and knowledgable food/kitchen/cooking related activities at all times. Any calls-to-action within the content of this site are intended for informational purposes and are solely left to the discretion, judgment and responsibility of the reader.
The Website was developed strictly for informational purposes. You understand and agree that you are fully responsible for your use of the information provided on the Website. The Kitchen Girl makes no representations, warranties or guarantees. You understand that results may vary from person to person. The Kitchen Girl assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions that may appear in the Website.
Last updated: May 24, 2018