I can practically live on refried beans, Cilantro Lime Brown Rice, corn tortilla chips, and my 5 Minute Mexican Restaurant Style Blender Salsa. I rarely buy store-bought salsa since I started making this recipe years ago. Canned diced tomatoes, cilantro, Serrano pepper, garlic, onion, lime, and cumin bring this restaurant-style salsa home!
5 Minute Mexican Restaurant Style Blender Salsa
Ok, I’ll be honest…my top choice for salsa is always fresh Pico de Gallo…but only when tomato season is jamming.
When it’s not (which is much of the year), I need mah salsa fix in 5 minutes or less…with canned, diced tomatoes, like Rotel.
Tomato season or not, blender salsa always delivers. It’s super dependable…and super delish!
Here’s what I love about this recipe:
- Takes 5 minutes!
- Practically effortless…a couple chops and slices gets everything into blender, pulse, and done!
- Can be eaten immediately, but develops better flavor over a few days.
- Fulfills last-minute salsa cravings…like really last-minute!
- Money saver – have you paid attention to the price of canned salsa?!
- You control the salt…and sugar. Yes, some salsas are made with sugar. Why? Why? WHY?!
Here are the ingredients you’ll need for restaurant style blender salsa:
- canned diced tomatoes
- fresh cilantro
- red onion
- Serrano pepper
- fresh garlic
Here are the tools I use for this recipe:
- chef knife and cutting board
- rubber gloves (for seeding peppers)
- garlic press
- food processor
- airtight container
Check out my other healthy [easy} Mexican recipes:
My Avocado Ranch Dressing goes with ALL things Mexican, be it Meatless Burrito Bowls, or my Vegetarian Skillet Enchiladas! And when it’s soup season, you’ll want to eat many bowls of Southwest Vegan Tortilla Soup.
Note: This post contains affiliate links and I receive a small commission for your purchases at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting The Kitchen Girl and feel free to ask me product questions…I’m happy to help!
Latest posts by Traci Antonovich (see all)
- Citrus Fennel Arugula Salad with Champagne Vinaigrette - 03/20/2018
- Turmeric Chickpea Beetroot Hippie Bowl - 03/13/2018
- Vegan Veggie Chinese Lo Mein Noodles - 02/26/2018