Wanna know how to make restaurant style, homemade salsa in 5 minutes? This easy recipe combines fresh and pantry ingredients for authentic Mexican flavors. Pass the chips because this is the best salsa for any event, any season of the year!
5 Minute Homemade Salsa Recipe [Restaurant Style]
Ever since I started making a blended, homemade salsa, I rarely buy packaged salsa.
I do love a fresh Pico de Gallo with garden tomatoes, but when it’s not tomato season, this salsa recipe delivers!
It’s made with canned tomatoes, fresh produce, and a few pantry ingredients.
It’s so dependable and super delish!
How to make homemade salsa in 5 minutes:
1. Open a can of diced tomatoes and pour into food processor or blender (with juice). Note: I use diced tomatoes because they blend more uniformly than whole peeled tomatoes.
2. Loosely chop red onion, garlic, cilantro, and Serrano pepper and add to blender. Chopping isn’t required, but it helps the blender create a more uniform salsa.
3. Use “pulse” function on food processor or blender until ingredients are well-combined.
4. Serve salsa immediately or cover and refrigerate up to 3 days.
True story…sometimes I eat chips and salsa for dinner, and nothing else.
What I love about this Homemade Salsa recipe:
~ It’s restaurant style salsa made right at home!
~ Takes 5 minutes to make!
~ Effortless…a couple easy steps gets ingredients into a blender, pulse, and you’re done!
~ Can be eating immediately, as in, straight from the blender (teehee).
~ Fulfills last-minute salsa cravings!
~ Save money, dude because packaged salsa is expensive if you have a habit like we do here at TKG HQ!
~ YOU control the salt and sugar. Packaged salsa is usually too salty or sweet for my taste.
~ Vegan, gluten free, and paleo! For the win!
Ingredients in homemade salsa:
- canned diced tomatoes
- fresh cilantro
- red onion
- Serrano pepper
- fresh garlic
Tools I use for this recipe:
- chef knife and cutting board
- rubber gloves (for seeding peppers)
- garlic press
- food processor
- airtight container
After you make this easy salsa recipe, scoop it over these yummy Mexican dishes: