Looking for a virtually hands-free chicken recipe that satisfies the family…even at the last minute? These Simple Baked Chicken Leg Drumsticks are so easy to prepare and toss in the oven. You can even knock out a salad and veggie side while they bake.
Simple Baked Chicken Leg Drumsticks
My love for chicken drumsticks dates back to my childhood. They’ve always been my favorite part of any chicken meal.
The only problem was that there were always 2-4 pieces among our family, and that was it! When they were gone…womp womp.
I’d find myself stuck choking down the dry, white meat leftovers.
But, now that I’m a big kid, I can bake a whole sheet pan of chicken legs…as many as I want.
You think I would feel this way about chocolate cake, but if given the choice…savory wins!
Here’s what I love about this recipe:
- It involves a simple, 5 minute prep and the rest is hands-free baking. Really!
- Kids go crazy for chicken legs…adults do too!
- Super duper money saver. After all, it’s chicken, dudes!
- You can use your fav organic chicken. Yeah, more expensive, but the benefits rock!
- Chicken legs are always naturally delicious!
So, how do you oven-bake chicken drumsticks?
With this recipe, you simply coat the chicken drumsticks with oil and seasonings, spray a baking sheet, place in a 400° preheated oven.
Bake them until lightly crispy and fully cooked to proper temperature in the center (about 30 minutes).
What is the proper temperature for baked chicken legs?
Chicken leg drumsticks must reach an internal temperature of 165° to be properly cooked.
To do this, I use a meat thermometer that gets inserted into the chicken, and sits along the bone for the most correct temperature.
Want more easy chicken dishes for busy weeknights?
My Better Than Takeout Chicken Fried Brown Rice is a 30 minute, skillet meal that puts leftovers to good use.
Skinnyish Chicken Broccoli Rice is another one-skillet meal in 30 minutes.
For a delicious, slow-cooker soup, check out my Fall Apart Chicken Vegetable Crockpot Soup.
Ingredients you’ll need for this recipe (see full recipe below):
- olive oil
- garlic powder
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- chicken leg drumsticks
Kitchen tools I use for this recipe:
* Note: This post has affiliate links, which means I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support and please let me know if you have product questions!
Latest posts by Traci Antonovich (see all)
- Pear Apple Cranberry Crisp: Naturally Vegan and GF - 11/17/2017
- No Cook Cranberry Pomegranate Relish aka Cranberry Crack - 11/15/2017
- Butternut Squash Baked Mac and Cheese - 11/13/2017