Steak Nachos Supreme are sheet pan baked nachos topped with juicy, lean beef, rice, beans, and cheese. The nachos supreme pile-on includes lettuce, avocado, peppers, lime, cilantro, sour cream, and salsa. These steak nachos are an appetizer, salad, and entree all in one!
Steak Nachos Supreme
Sheet pan baked nachos are part of our meal rotation here at TKG HQ.
We pretty much always have the ingredients on hand to whip them up.
You know stuff like beans, rice, cheese, and tortilla chips
But this time…we added steak! Oh, and a bunch of produce, to make it nachos supreme!
But hey, there’s an art to this process. Let’s taco bout that 😉
How to make nachos (baked nachos)
Step 1: Preheat an oven broiler to LOW setting and scatter a layer of tortilla chips on a 13 x 9 sheet pan.
Step 2: Sprinkle shredded Mexican cheese over the tortilla chips and place under broiler for a few minutes.
Step 3: Meanwhile, heat the steak pieces, rice, and pintos. You can do this in a skillet, in the oven, or in the microwave…your choice.
Step 5: When you’re ready to serve, carefully remove the warmed nachos from the oven. Scatter the produce over the top. We always add lettuce, avocado, cilantro, lime, salsa, and serrano peppers.
For a whole other level of slay, you could toss on my Avocado Ranch Dressing .
I mean, you’ll probably fall over because it’s so good, but you can just get back up and keep eating, like I do.
Steak Nachos Supreme Ingredients
- tortilla chips
- queso Oaxaca (Mexican cheese)
- extra virgin olive oil (or any cooking oil)
- cooked steak
- canned (whole) pinto beans (or refried beans)
- cooked Mexican rice
- taco seasoning & Chili powder
- lettuce, avocado, cilantro, lime, salsa, and sour cream
- 10” nonstick skillet
- Quarter-sized baking sheet (13 x 9)
- Heavy duty spatula (pancake turner) (for cutting and serving sections)
Grab these other healthy Mexican recipes
As I mentioned earlier, check out my 5-Minute Restaurant Salsa aka “blender salsa”.
You won’t believe how easy it is to pop the ingredients into a blender…and poof, you have the quick version of an authentic-tasting salsa.
Aaaaand if you want to take nachos to yet another level, check out my Cilantro Lime Rice.
Steak Nachos Supreme
For the nachos:
- 8 cups Tortilla Chips enough to line a full-sized sheet pan
- 8 oz Mexican Cheese shredded
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 lb cooked steak cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 15oz can Whole Pinto Beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup Mexican Rice brown or white
- 2 tsp Taco Seasoning
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
For the Toppings:
- 4 cups Romaine Lettuce shredded
- 1 Avocado diced
- 1/2 cup 5 Minute Homemade Salsa
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream or nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup Cilantro loosely chopped
- 1 Lime quartered
- Preheat oven broiler to LOW setting with oven rack in center position.
- Spread TORTILLA CHIPS on a large baking sheet; sprinkle CHEESE over chips; set aside.
- Heat OIL in a large, nonstick skillet over medium flame.
- Add STEAK, BEANS, RICE, TACO SEASONING, and CHILI POWDER to skillet; heat until warmed through, stirring as needed, adding small amounts of water as needed to adjust consistency; cover and set aside.
- Place sheet pan of chips and cheese under broiler flame; heat a few minutes until cheese is melted and chips are lightly toasted (careful to not burn!)
- Remove; scatter the warmed topping ingredients all over chips, then top with salad toppings; serve immediately.
I originally published this recipe to amandascookin.com in April 2016.
Latest posts by Traci Antonovich (see all)
- Chicken Penne Alla Vodka [One Pot Pasta] - 08/16/2019
- Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe - 08/08/2019
- 50 Buddha Bowls to Reboot Your Plant-Based Routine - 08/07/2019