Crockpot White Bean Chili is a dump-start slow cooker chicken chili recipe that practically makes itself. Boneless chicken thighs, white chili beans, green chiles, corn, and chicken broth are slow cooked and served with chili toppings for an easy, southwest dinner.
Do you love to throw ingredients into a cooker and go do ALL the things? Me too!! This White Bean Chicken Chili is a toss-and-go Crockpot recipe that requires no pre-cooking, just like my Crockpot Chicken Vegetable Soup. Simply add ingredients to the cooker, set it on low or high, and go multitask.
White bean chili ingredients
Visit recipe card below 👇🏼 for printable amounts and instructions
- boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- chicken broth
- white beans - cannellini beans, navy beans, or white kidney beans
- canned diced green chiles
- onions and celery
- fresh garlic
- seasonings - cumin, chili powder, and oregano
- salt and pepper
- frozen corn
- chili toppings - cilantro, lime, avocado, jalapeños, sour cream, cheese, tortilla chips
What is white bean chili?
This Mexican-inspired chili is made with chicken, white beans, canned green chiles, vegetables, chicken broth, and seasonings. You can make it with or without chicken, but don't skip the cumin, green chiles and all the chili toppings for distinct southwest flavor.
What I love about slow cooker white bean chili
- This recipe uses simple, everyday ingredients that can be found at most grocery stores.
- 10 minute prep and NO pre-cooking ingredients makes this dump-start recipe super convenient.
- You can make it any season in the crockpot without heating up your whole house.
- Perfect meal for family dinner, game day, and parties.
Chicken and white bean chili recipe tips
Use boneless, skinless, chicken thighs. These literally fall-apart during cooking and stirring, and they make the juiciest, most tender chicken chili.
Opt for reduced-sodium chicken broth and no salt added beans. This way, you’re in complete control of the salt content.
Mash up one of the cans of beans to help develop a naturally creamier consistency; this avoids adding unnecessary extra ingredients as thickeners.
Use the suggested chili toppings (cilantro, fresh or pickled jalapeños, sour cream, lime, etc). They literally take this chili from delicious to outstanding!
More chili and soup recipes
- Three Bean Turkey Chili
- Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Crockpot Chicken Vegetable Soup
- Instant Pot Chili Mac
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili
Crockpot White Bean Chicken Chili
- 1 Lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 4 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 15oz can White Beans * see recipe footnote rinsed and drained
- 1 4.5oz can Diced Green Chilis
- 1/2 Yellow Onion diced
- 2 stalks Celery diced
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 cup Corn frozen, canned, or fresh
- In a 3.5 quart slow cooker, combine CHICKEN, CHICKEN BROTH, BEANS, GREEN CHILIS, ONION, CELERY, GARLIC, CUMIN, CHILI POWDER, OREGANO, SALT, and PEPPER.
- Set slow cooker to HIGH for 2 hours or LOW for 4-6 hours *see recipe footnote about slow cooker times
- 30 minutes before cook cycle ends, stir in CORN, cover, and allow to heat through.
- Serve white bean chili warm with chili toppings: cilantro, lime, avocado, jalapeños, sour cream, or cheese
Nutrition data provided as courtesy estimates using unbranded ingredients from a nutrition database. Please consult preferred resource for precise data.
I originally published this White Chicken Chili Recipe on amandascookin.com in JAN 2019