This white chicken chili recipe is made with white beans, green chili’s, veggies, chicken broth, and pantry seasonings. It’s slow cooked, and full-flavored with juicy, tender chicken thighs. No pre-cooking here, just an easy, white chicken chili!
Easy Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
Allow me to share the things I love about this chili. In fact, I’ll just bullet point my notes for you…just because 🙂
- We’re using simple, everyday ingredients…nothing weird, and should be found at your regular ole grocery store.
- 15 minute prep, so NO pre-cooking anything. It’s a throw-and-go!
- Great recipe for any season…who doesn’t love chili any time of the year?!
A couple things to note about the ingredients for this recipe:
I use boneless, skinless, chicken thighs, which translates to hassle free, fall-apart, juicy, tender chicken chili.
No dry chicken…ever!
Also, I recommend using as many garnish ingredients suggested in the recipe below (cilantro, jalapeños, sour cream, lime, etc).
They were made for this chili!
My healthy tips when making Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili:
- Opt for reduced-sodium chicken broth and no salt added beans. This way, you’re in complete control of the salt content.
- Mash up one of the cans of beans to help develop a naturally creamier consistency; this avoids adding unnecessary extra ingredients as thickeners.
Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili Ingredients:
- boneless, skinless chicken thighs (uncooked)
- reduced-sodium chicken broth
- can reduced-sodium white beans
- canned diced green chilis
- cumin, chili powder, oregano
- salt and pepper
- frozen corn
- any garnish ingredients (cilantro, lime, avocado, jalapeños, sour cream, cheese, tortilla chips)
* See full recipe card below
Kitchen tools I use for this recipe
Check out this vintage Crockpot brand slow cooker I picked up at the thrift store for $10!
I was super stoked to find it. They just don’t make them like they used to!
I know that the vintage cookers don’t let you take out the ceramic insert, but I’ll sacrifice that feature any day.
This slow cooker truly cooks slower than some of these newer slow cookers.
I’ve been researching, as well as testing, and I’m going to report my findings here on the blog at a later date. Stay tuned!
Looking for a couple more hassle-free chicken recipes for busy weeknights?
Check out my scrumptious Fall Apart Chicken Vegetable Crockpot Soup.
My lightly crispy Simple Baked Chicken Leg Drumsticks use a hands-free, sheet-pan baking method with no frying.
And then there’s 10 Minute Pesto Chicken Gnocchi Soup. Seriously, 10 minutes of cook time…and yum!
Easy Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
- 1 Lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs uncooked
- 4 cups Reduced sodium Chicken Broth
- 2 15oz cans Reduced-sodium Cannellini Beans drained, one mashed
- 1 4.5oz can Diced Green Chilis
- 1/2 medium Yellow Onion diced
- 2 stalks Celery diced
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 cup Corn frozen, canned, or fresh
- In a 3.5 quart slow cooker, combine CHICKEN, CHICKEN BROTH, BEANS, GREEN CHILI'S, ONION, CELERY, GARLIC, CUMIN, CHILI POWDER, OREGANO, SALT, and PEPPER.
- *Set slow cooker to high for 2 hours or low for 4-6 hours.
- 30 minutes before cook cycle ends, stir in CORN, cover, and allow to heat through; serve warm with topping options: cilantro, lime, avocado, jalapeños, sour cream, or cheese
- White Chili Hot Tip: If you mash some of the beans, they'll help thicken the chili naturally.Note: Crockpot cooking times can vary depending on age, size, and features, so make sure you’re well acquainted with the heating/timing tendencies of your cooker.