Ham and Peas Alfredo Pasta is a one-pot pasta made with cooked ham, peas, pasta shells, and a creamy alfredo sauce. Add this scrumptious leftover ham recipe to your holiday collection or make any day of the year. It’s also the easiest alfredo pasta you’ll ever make!
Ham and Peas Alfredo Pasta Recipe [with Leftover Ham]
Do you know what to do with leftover ham?
Last year, I created a recipe around a hunk of leftover ham from Sunday’s holiday dinner with friends.
Guys, this is my jam!
I tossed a few, simple ingredients into one pot and made dinner magic happen.
Meals using leftovers don’t always go like this.
But, with this recipe, it totally went like this.
Talk about a no-fuss dinner!
This dish requires a few, quick prep steps, like chopping onion, grating garlic, and dicing ham, then you’re off to the races!
Can I freeze leftover ham?
The answer is yes!
To do so, you can seal leftover ham in a freezer bag and store immediately.
Be sure to include a package date on your bag, and consume the ham within 6 weeks of that date to avoid freezer burn.
When you pull the ham out of the freezer, go ahead and make my alfredo pasta recipe!
How to make alfredo pasta using leftover ham
Step 1. Sauté onion and garlic in olive oil in an 11″ skillet.
Step 2. Add chicken stock and uncooked pasta; boil until noodles is al dente.
Step 3. Add frozen peas, diced ham, and half and half.
Step 4. Simmer everything until pasta shells are fully cooked.
Step 5. Stir in parmesan cheese and serve warm.
* See full recipe below
I usually make alfredo sauce in a pot by itself. But, for this leftover ham recipe, the sauce is made in the same pot with the pasta.
Ham and Peas Alfredo Pasta Ingredients
- extra virgin olive oil
- reduced-sodium chicken broth
- uncooked pasta shells (I used orecchiette)
- frozen peas
- leftover ham
- half and half
- parmesan cheese
- black pepper
- fresh parsley
- chef knife and cutting board
- microplane fine grater (for cheese)
- garlic press
- 11” stainless skillet (no lid necessary)
- wooden spoon
Other recipes that use leftover meat
Leftover Ham Alfredo Pasta Recipe
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 large White Onion diced; about 1/2 cup
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 3 cups Reduced Sodium Chicken Broth
- 2 cups Uncooked Pasta Shells I used Orecchiette
- 1 cup Frozen Peas thawed
- 1 cup Ham diced
- 2/3 cup Half and Half
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp fresh Parsley chopped
- In an 11” skillet on medium flame, heat EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL until shimmering (about 2 min).
- Add ONION and GARLIC; saute until tender and fragrant (about 3 min).
- Add CHICKEN BROTH and PASTA SHELLS; increase heat to high to reach boiling point.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook (uncovered) about 10 minutes; NOTE: pasta will not fully cook during this stage.
- Add PEAS, HAM, and HALF AND HALF; turn heat to HIGH to bring sauce just to a boil.
- Reduce heat to med-low and simmer until pasta shells are cooked to your liking; stirring frequently (3-5 minutes).
- Fold in PARMESAN CHEESE, season with BLACK PEPPER, and garnish with fresh PARSLEY; serve warm.
- Note: I didn’t salt this recipe due to the sodium in the chicken broth, ham, and the parmesan cheese.
Latest posts by Traci Antonovich (see all)
- Easy Baked Chicken Leg Drumsticks - 11/16/2019
- 20 Thanksgiving Recipes That are Elegant & Easy…Really! - 11/08/2019
- Sausage Stuffing with Apples - 11/05/2019