Creamy Alfredo Pasta recipe made for Instant Pot or stove. Leftover ham (or deli ham) and peas keeps it frugal and easy. The one-pot pasta magic gives it a creamy base, but with minimal cream. It’s less rich and tastes as indulgent as classic alfredo pasta.
Alfredo pasta leftover ham recipe
This scrumptious number can be made with leftover holiday ham or fresh deli ham and a few kitchen staples. The chicken broth base and minimal heavy cream makes it less rich than classic alfredo pasta, just like my Chicken Fettuccini Alfredo recipe!
Alfredo pasta recipe ingredient list
* See full recipe below
- extra virgin olive oil
- chicken broth
- uncooked pasta shells (the thicker the better…I used orecchiette)
- frozen peas
- cooked ham
- heavy whipping cream
- parmesan cheese
- black pepper
- fresh parsley (for garnish)
How to make alfredo pasta in the Instant Pot
* See full recipe below
- Sauté onion and garlic in the Instant Pot.
- Add pasta, broth, and heavy cream.
- Close lid, seal valve, and pressure cook 1 or 2 minutes depending on pasta type.
- Allow 10 minute NPR (don’t skip this step).
- Release any remaining steam.
- Fold in parmesan cheese, ham peas, and pepper.
- Close lid with vent open to warm the ham and peas.
- Open lid, give a stir, and serve warm.
Grab my easy Instant Pot recipes
How to make alfredo pasta on the stove in one pot
* See full recipe below
- Sauté ONION and GARLIC over medium-high heat in an 11″ skillet.
- Add chicken broth, heavy cream, and pasta.
- Boil until pasta is al dente (about 10 minutes).
- Fold in ham and peas.
- Simmer until pasta is cooked to your liking.
- Stir in parmesan cheese and black pepper.
Can I freeze leftover ham?
Yes! To do so, seal leftover ham in a freezer storage bag and store it immediately. Be sure to include a package date on your bag, and consume the ham within 6 weeks of that date to avoid freezer burn.
- chef knife and cutting board
- microplane fine grater (for cheese)
- garlic press
- 11” stainless skillet or 6 qt Instant Pot
- stirring utensil
Other recipes that use cooked proteins
- Leftover Turkey Shepherd’s Pie
- Black-Eyed Peas and Ham
- One-Pot Rotisserie Chicken and Broccoli Rice
- Rotisserie Chicken Fried Brown Rice
- 40 Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey Recipes
More Instant Pot Pasta Recipes
- Instant Pot Taco Pasta
- Instant Pot Tuna Casserole
- Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo
- Italian Sausage Soup With Orzo
- Lasagna Soup For Instant Pot Or Stove
- Ham Alfredo Pasta For Instant Pot Or Stove
- Instant Pot Shrimp Pasta In Lemon Cream Sauce
Grab these Easy Dinner Recipes!
Ham and Peas Alfredo Pasta Recipe
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Onion diced; about 1/2 cup
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 3 cups Uncooked Shell Pasta 3 cups = 8 oz
- 3 cups Chicken Broth
- 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream also called heavy cream
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup Ham 1/4 lb. diced
- 1 cup Frozen Peas thawed
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp fresh Parsley chopped
- NOTE: This recipe was updated on 06/26/20 due to errors discovered by a reader using the Instant Pot method. Sincere apologies to anyone who had "soupy" results prior to the recipe corrections. Thank you for understanding 💚
Leftover Ham Alfredo Pasta (Instant Pot Instructions)
- Select "Sauté" on the Instant Pot and heat the OLIVE OIL.
- When the display reads "Hot", add ONION and GARLIC; sauté until tender and fragrant (about 3 min).
- Add PASTA, CHICKEN BROTH, and HEAVY CREAM to the Instant Pot. Press the pasta under the liquid to submerge.
- Secure the lid and turn the pressure release valve to the "Sealing" position.
- Select "Manual" or "Pressure Cook" button and set the Instant Pot on HIGH pressure for 2 minutes for thicker shells like orecchiette, bowtie, penne, and macaroni. For thinner pasta shells, program the cooker for only 1 minute pressure cook time.
- When the cycle completes, allow the Instant Pot to sit for 10 minutes, undisturbed, for a natural pressure release (NPR). DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP…the pasta is still cooking in "keep warm" mode.
- Carefully turn the pressure release valve to the "Venting" position to release any remaining steam.
- Open the lid, stir in PARMESAN CHEESE, DICED HAM, PEAS, and BLACK PEPPER.
- Return the lid with pressure valve in "venting" position, allowing ham and peas to warm through a few minutes.
Leftover Ham Alfredo Pasta (Stove Instructions)
- Heat OLIVE OIL in a large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add and saute ONION and GARLIC until tender.
- Add PASTA, CHICKEN BROTH, and HEAVY CREAM; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook until shells are almost completely cooked, stirring as needed (7-10 minutes depending on type of pasta).
- Stir in PEAS and HAM, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until pasta is cooked to your liking, stirring as needed (3-5 minutes).
- Fold in PARMESAN CHEESE and BLACK PEPPER.
Serving, Storage, and Reheat Tip
- Serve alfredo pasta warm (optional) garnished with fresh parsley.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container up to 5 days.
- To reheat, add a splash of cream or broth to revive the creaminess. Use stovetop or microwave on medium heat setting, stirring as needed.