Ham and Pea Pasta Alfredo is made with cooked ham, sweet peas, chicken broth, cream, and Parmesan cheese. This creamy Alfredo pasta is a family favorite, 30-minute dinner recipe made for Instant Pot or stove.
Alfredo pasta made with leftover ham and sweet peas will make you look forward to leftover holiday ham. It's savory, sweet, and well, downright dreamy! This hands-free, one-pot pasta Alfredo can be made in the Instant Pot or stove in 30 minutes. The pasta cooks in a chicken broth and heavy cream making it super creamy, just like my Chicken Alfredo Pasta recipe!
Alfredo pasta recipe ingredients
* See full recipe below
- uncooked pasta shells (I used orecchiette)
- chicken broth
- heavy cream
- fresh garlic
- black pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- cooked ham
- fresh parsley (for garnish)
How to make alfredo pasta in the Instant Pot
* See full recipe below
- Add pasta, chicken broth, heavy cream, garlic, and pepper to the cooker.
- Close lid, seal valve, and pressure cook 2 minutes for thinner past or 3 minutes for thicker pasta (see recipe footnotes).
- Allow 10 minute NPR (don't skip this step).
- Release any remaining steam.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese until creamy. Then stir in ham and peas.
- Close lid with vent open to warm the ham and peas in "keep warm" mode.
- Open lid, give a stir, and serve warm garnished with parsley.
How to make one pot pasta alfredo on the stove
* See full recipe below
- Add chicken broth, heavy cream, and pasta to a 3.5 quart soup pot or skillet.
- Boil until pasta is al dente (about 10 minutes).
- Fold in ham and peas.
- Simmer until pasta is cooked to your liking.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese and black pepper.
Can I freeze leftover ham?
Yes! To do so, cool leftover ham completely and seal in airtight freezer bags or containers. Be sure to include a package date and consume the frozen leftover ham within 6 weeks of that date to avoid freezer burn. In fact, I love to freeze it, thaw it, dice it, and use for this recipe. So easy!
- chef knife and cutting board
- microplane fine grater (for cheese)
- garlic press
- 11” stainless skillet or 6 qt Instant Pot
- stirring utensil
Other recipes that use leftover / cooked meat
- Leftover Turkey Shepherd's Pie
- Black-Eyed Peas and Ham
- Chicken Tortilla Soup
- One-Pot Chicken Broccoli and Rice
- Rotisserie Chicken Fried Rice
- 40 Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey Recipes
More One Pot Pasta Recipes
- Taco Pasta [Instant Pot or Stove]
- Mushroom Stroganoff [Instant Pot or Stove]
- Instant Pot Tuna Casserole
- Skillet Tuna Casserole
- Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo
- One Pot Chili Mac [Instant Pot or Stove]
Ham and Peas Alfredo Pasta Recipe
- 8 oz Pasta Shells, I used Orecchiette
- 1.5 cups Chicken Broth
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream, also called heavy whipping cream
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup Ham, (1/3 lb.) diced
- 1 cup Frozen Peas, thawed
- 2 Tbsp fresh Parsley, chopped
Leftover Ham Alfredo Pasta (Instant Pot Instructions)
- Add PASTA, CHICKEN BROTH, HEAVY CREAM, GARLIC, and BLACK PEPPER to the Instant Pot. Press pasta shells under the liquid to submerge.
- Secure the lid and turn the pressure release valve to the "Sealing" position.
- Select "Manual" or "Pressure Cook" on HIGH pressure (2 minute for thin pasta or 3 minutes for thicker pasta). * see footnotes for pasta list
- When cook cycle completes, let the cooker sit undisturbed for a 10-minute natural pressure release (NPR). DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP ... the pasta is still cooking.
- Carefully turn the pressure release valve to the "Venting" position to release any remaining steam.
- Open the lid, stir in PARMESAN CHEESE until creamy. Stir in DICED HAM, and PEAS. I like to microwave both before adding, but you can also just the lid back on the pot (while it's in "keep warm" mode) with the pressure valve in "venting" position, allowing everything to warm through.Note: If you want the Alfredo sauce to be saucier or creamier, turn the cooker to "saute" mode and add a few splashes of heavy cream or broth and some Parmesan cheese, stirring as needed and repeating until you're happy with the consistency.
Leftover Ham Alfredo Pasta (Stove Instructions)
- Add PASTA, CHICKEN BROTH, HEAVY CREAM, GARLIC, and BLACK PEPPER to a soup pot or skillet. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until shells are almost completely cooked, stirring as needed (7-10 minutes depending on type of pasta).
- Stir in PEAS and HAM, reduce heat to low and simmer until pasta is cooked to your liking, stirring as needed (3-5 minutes).
- Stir in PARMESAN CHEESE until creamy.
Serving, Storage, and Reheat Tips
- Serve Alfredo pasta warm, garnished with fresh parsley.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container up to 5 days.
- To reheat, add a splash of cream or chicken broth to revive the creaminess. Then heat using the stove or microwave on medium heat, stirring as needed.
Thinner pasta (like medium shells or spaghetti noodels) will need only 2 minute pressure cook time with a 10 minute NPR.
Nutrition data provided as courtesy estimates using unbranded ingredients from a nutrition database. Please consult preferred resource for precise data.
More PASTA RECIPES from Kitchen Girl