Instant Pot Vegan Tuscan White Bean Kale Soup is made with canned tomatoes, Cannellini beans, everyday vegetables, fresh kale, and everyday seasonings. It’s an irresistible, budget-friendly, winter comfort food, and cousins with my In-A-Hurry Kale Chickpea Soup.
Instant Pot Vegan Tuscan White Bean Kale Soup
Who loves the Instant Pot? I doooooo! Who uses it at least two times a week? I dooooo!
Who lets it live on the kitchen counter? I dooooo! Who’d determined to make everything in it, including vegetable soups? Me me meeee! Wait! Whaaat….soup? Really?
Can you make soup in a pressure cooker?
Heck yeah, you can!
It’s virtually a hands-free way to cram hours of cooking into minutes, which makes it especially great for soups, or anything that requires a long simmering process.
For that reason alone, it’s a great way to embed deep flavors over a short cooking time.
Ok, so how long do you cook vegan or vegetable soup in a pressure cooker?
Well, if you don’t want to make baby food out of your dinner, you have to be very conservative with your Instant Pot settings.
My Tuscan White Bean Kale Soup only requires an actual pressure cook setting of 2 minutes.
I know, sounds crazy, right? But this seemingly short pressure time keeps the canned beans in tact and prevents the fresh vegetables from becoming mushy.
Here’s what I love about this soup:
- Vegan and gluten free…yippeee!
- Healthy comfort food that’s really healthy and really comforting.
- Uses everyday ingredients = budget friendly with cross utilization potential.
- You control the sodium (b/c it uses reduced sodium ingredients)
Oh look! These are the same characteristics of my Meatless Lentil Chili and my Accidentally AWESOME Vegan Chili with NO Weird Ingredients too!
Here’s an overview of how I make this soup in the Instant Pot:
Please refer to full recipe below for detailed instructions.
- Set Instant Pot on saute
- add and saute veggies
- toss in other ingredients (except kale)
- close/lock/seal lid, set cooker for + 2 minutes
- allow 10 minute natural pressure release
- open lid and fold in kale
- return lid and keep warm until ready to serve
Ingredients you’ll need for Instant Pot Vegan Tuscan White Bean Kale Soup:
- extra virgin olive oil
- canned tomatoes
- vegetable stock
- canned cannellini beans
- crushed red pepper, rosemary, thyme, and salt
- kale (any kind…I used curly for this recipe)
Kitchen tools I use for this recipe:
* Note: This post has affiliate product links, which means I earn commissions when you purchase using those links (at no extra cost to you). THANK YOU for supporting The Kitchen Girl.
Latest posts by Traci Antonovich (see all)
- Blueberry Crisp [Vegan Gluten Free] - 07/10/2018
- Icebox Chocolate Eclair Cake: Easy No Bake Dessert - 07/03/2018
- Blueberry Greek Yogurt Fruit Popsicles - 06/20/2018