Instant Pot Vegan Tuscan White Bean Kale Soup is made with canned tomatoes, white beans, everyday vegetables, fresh kale, and a few seasonings. It’s an irresistible, budget-friendly, winter comfort food that goes from Instant Pot to table in under 30 minutes.
Instant Pot Vegan Tuscan White Bean Soup with Kale
Who loves the Instant Pot? I doooooo! Who uses it at least two times a week? I dooooo!
Who wants to make white bean kale soup in the Instant Pot? Me! Me!
Can you make soup in a pressure cooker?
Heck yeah, you can!
It’s a virtually, hands-free way to cram hours of cooking into minutes.
This makes it especially fun to make soups or any food that requires a long simmering process.
For that reason alone, it’s a great way to embed deep flavors over a short cooking time.
How long do you cook vegetable soup in a pressure cooker?
Well, if you don’t want to make baby food out of your dinner, you have to be very conservative with your Instant Pot settings.
My Tuscan White Bean Kale Soup only requires an actual pressure cook setting of 2 minutes.
I know, sounds crazy, right?
But this seemingly short pressure time keeps the canned beans in tact and prevents the fresh vegetables from becoming mushy.
This soup, start to finish, is 30 minutes in real time.
Here’s what I love about this white bean soup:
- it’s white bean soup…with a healthy kale bonus!
- naturally vegan and gluten free
- healthy comfort food that’s really healthy and really comforting
- uses everyday ingredients, making it budget-friendly with cross utilization potential
- you control the sodium (and it calls for reduced sodium ingredients)
How I make Tuscan White Bean Kale Soup in the Instant Pot:
Please refer to full recipe below for detailed instructions.
- Set Instant Pot on sauté
- add and sauté veggies
- toss in other ingredients (except kale)
- close/lock/seal lid, set cooker for + 2 minutes
- allow 10 minute natural pressure release
- open lid and fold in kale
- return lid and keep warm until ready to serve
Instant Pot Vegan Tuscan White Bean Kale Soup Ingredients
- extra virgin olive oil
- canned tomatoes
- vegetable stock
- canned cannellini beans
- crushed red pepper, rosemary, thyme, and salt
- kale (any kind…I used curly for this recipe)
Kitchen tools I use for this recipe:
If you like this White Bean Kale Soup, you’ll enjoy these other cold weather, vegan comfort meals!
Instant Pot Vegan Tuscan White Bean Kale Soup
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 White Onion diced
- 2 large Carrots diced
- 2 stalks Celery diced
- 5 cloves Garlic finely chopped
- 1 28 oz can Diced Tomatoes
- 4 cups Reduced Sodium Vegetable Stock
- 2 15oz cans Reduced Sodium White Cannellini Beans drain and rinse
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh Rosemary 1” sprig finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper optional
- 4 cups Kale
- Add OLIVE OIL to instant pot; press sauté button; heat until oil is shimmering and hot.
- Add ONIONS, CARROTS, CELERY, and GARLIC; sauté (and stir) a few minutes until slightly tender.
- Press “cancel” to stop sauté cycle; stir in TOMATOES, VEGETABLE STOCK, BEANS, SALT, ROSEMARY, THYME and CRUSHED RED PEPPER (optional); close and lock lid, turn steam knob to “sealing" position.
- Press Manual > High Pressure, and set timer for + 2; when cycle ends, leave IP alone (don’t touch) for 10 min (this is known as "natural pressure release").
- Then, with an absorbent towel, cover steam knob and turn to “venting” position to release all steam.
- When steam is fully released, unlock and remove lid (IP will default to “keep warm”), stir in KALE, close and lock lid, continue in “keep warm” mode or power off; serve soup warm.