Instant Pot Vegan Tuscan White Bean Kale Soup is made with canned tomatoes, white beans, everyday vegetables, fresh kale, and a few seasonings. It’s an irresistible, budget-friendly, winter comfort food that goes from Instant Pot to table in under 30 minutes.
Instant Pot Vegan Tuscan White Bean Soup with Kale
Who loves the Instant Pot? I doooooo! Who uses it at least two times a week? I dooooo!
Who wants to make white bean kale soup in the Instant Pot? Me! Me!
Can you make soup in a pressure cooker?
Heck yeah, you can!
It’s a virtually, hands-free way to cram hours of cooking into minutes.
This makes it especially fun to make soups or any food that requires a long simmering process.
For that reason alone, it’s a great way to embed deep flavors over a short cooking time.
How long do you cook vegetable soup in a pressure cooker?
Well, if you don’t want to make baby food out of your dinner, you have to be very conservative with your Instant Pot settings.
My Tuscan White Bean Kale Soup only requires an actual pressure cook setting of 2 minutes.
I know, sounds crazy, right?
But this seemingly short pressure time keeps the canned beans in tact and prevents the fresh vegetables from becoming mushy.
This soup, start to finish, is 30 minutes in real time.
Here’s what I love about this white bean soup:
- it’s white bean soup…with a healthy kale bonus!
- naturally vegan and gluten free
- healthy comfort food that’s really healthy and really comforting
- uses everyday ingredients, making it budget-friendly with cross utilization potential
- you control the sodium (and it calls for reduced sodium ingredients)
How I make Tuscan White Bean Kale Soup in the Instant Pot:
Please refer to full recipe below for detailed instructions.
- Set Instant Pot on sauté
- add and sauté veggies
- toss in other ingredients (except kale)
- close/lock/seal lid, set cooker for + 2 minutes
- allow 10 minute natural pressure release
- open lid and fold in kale
- return lid and keep warm until ready to serve
Instant Pot Vegan Tuscan White Bean Kale Soup Ingredients
- extra virgin olive oil
- canned tomatoes
- vegetable stock
- canned cannellini beans
- crushed red pepper, rosemary, thyme, and salt
- kale (any kind…I used curly for this recipe)
Kitchen tools I use for this recipe: