Wanna spice up your weekend breakfast routine with a tomato-ey, hearty, Tunisian comfort food? This is the recipe to do just that. It’s Shakshuka: Eggs Poached in Tomato Sauce pronounced shak-shoo-kuh…and I’m in love with it!
Shakshuka: Eggs Poached in Tomato Sauce
This vibrant dish is so perfect as a slightly passive morning activity and I love it for entertaining weekend guests. Everyone will be so happy to get this one into their belly!
You guys know how I love to break down my recipes into a quick-overview of steps?…because recipes (and new dishes) can be intimidating.
Of course, the official recipe in this post is more detailed, but here’s the overview for this one:
Here’s my elevator pitch for how to make Shakshuka:
- Heat oil and sauté veggies
- Add tomato sauce, paste, and seasonings
- Simmer for a bit
- Add eggs, cover, and simmer a bit more
That’s it…no ovens, and no frying. Breakfast couldn’t be easier!
Here are the ingredients I use to make this recipe:
- olive oil
- bell pepper
- canned diced tomatoes
- tomato paste
- bay leaf
- salt and pepper
Here are the tools I use to make this recipe:
- Lodge 12″ skillet
- silicone spatula
If you make this Shakshuka, you’re gonna want my Baked Crostini to scoop it up…like a delicious shovel! It’s so easy to make…all you need is a baguette and some olive oil.
* Note: This post has affiliate product links, which allows me to earn commissions when you make purchases through those links (no extra cost to you). THANK YOU for supporting The Kitchen Girl.
Latest posts by Traci Antonovich (see all)
- Citrus Fennel Arugula Salad with Champagne Vinaigrette - 03/20/2018
- Turmeric Chickpea Beetroot Hippie Bowl - 03/13/2018
- Vegan Veggie Chinese Lo Mein Noodles - 02/26/2018