Tortilla Pizza is a 15-minute personal pizza made with a tortilla shell as the pizza crust and your favorite toppings. Enjoy BIG pizza flavor on a skinny crust with minimal effort. Tortilla pizza can be stove-cooked or oven-baked and customized for restricted diets.
Tortilla Pepperoni Pizza
I’ve been jamming on tortilla pizza since my college days.
It’s amazing what you can do with a stack of tortillas, a jar of sauce, sliced pepperoni, and a bag of mozzarella!
As a recipe writer, I always get asked for quick dinner ideas that are family-friendly and affordable.
Tortilla pizza happens to be one of my favorite, 15-minute dinner solutions here at TKG HQ!
What I love about tortilla pizza
- you get BIG pizza flavor in a skinny pizza
- it’s ready in 15 minutes!
- it’s a no-fail unless you burn it, so don’t burn it 😉
- pizza takeout is expensive…tortilla pizza isn’t
- YOU control the ingredients
- customizable for all diet restrictions
- it’s a dinner that kids (and adults) love!
What tortillas can I use for tortilla pizza?
You can use any tortillas you want!
I’ve used white flour tortillas, whole wheat tortillas, and gluten-free tortillas.
How to make tortilla pizza on the stove
Step 1. (optional step, but recommended) Turn oven broiler to low (I love my countertop/toaster oven for this).
Step 2. Heat a 10″ skillet on med-high on the stove and spread the oil evenly in a very thin layer on the surface.
Step 3. Place tortilla in the heated skillet and brown on one side for a few minutes.
Step 4. Flip the tortilla over and add sauce, cheese, and other toppings to the browned side.
Step 5. Place the skillet and pizza 6″ under a preheated broiler to brown (be careful to not burn).
Step 6. Carefully remove, cut into slices, and serve.
How to make tortilla pizza in the oven
Tortilla Pepperoni Pizza Ingredients:
- extra virgin olive oil
- flour tortilla (gluten-free tortilla optional)
- pizza sauce (check out my Hidden Veggie Marinara Sauce recipe)
- mozzarella cheese
- parmesan cheese
Tools I use for this recipe:
- 10″ cast iron skillet
- toaster oven (optional for browning)
- grater for cheese
- silicone oven mitt
- 10″ pizza baking tray
- pizza wheel / cutter
Check out these other quick, weeknight recipes!
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 8-inch Whole Wheat Tortilla
- 2 Tbsp Pizza Sauce
- 1/4 cup Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- 2 oz Pepperoni Slices
- 1 Tbsp Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Pinch Dried Parsley
Stove instructions for tortilla pizza (with 'optional' broiler browning)
- Heat a 10" skillet over medium heat; spread a few drops of OLIVE OIL to evenly coat the surface.
- Place FLOUR TORTILLA in the skillet; heat a minute or two until the underside is lightly browned.
- Flip tortilla; spread PIZZA SAUCE over the surface; top with MOZZARELLA CHEESE, PEPPERONI, PARMESAN CHEESE, and PARSLEY.
- Turn heat to low, cover with a lid, allow the cheese to melt; transfer the pizza to serving pan, cut into slices, and serve warm.
- ** Optional browning step: Move pizza from the stove top and place under a low-flame broiler flame (minimum 6" away) for a minute or two until the desired browning occurs (be careful to avoid burning the pizza).
Oven baking instructions for tortilla pizza
- Preheat oven to 400° and spray a pizza pan with cooking spray.
- Spread PIZZA SAUCE over the surface of tortilla; top with MOZZARELLA CHEESE, PEPPERONI, PARMESAN CHEESE, and PARSLEY.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, or until desired browning occurs.
- Carefully remove pizza from the oven, transfer to a serving pan and allow to cool a few minutes; cut into slices and serve warm.
Latest posts by Traci Antonovich (see all)
- Thai Coconut Soup - 12/01/2019
- Pear Cranberry Apple Crisp - 11/26/2019
- 14 Vegan Thanksgiving Recipes They’ll Love (even if they’re not vegan) - 11/24/2019