Pepperoni Tortilla Pizza is a 15-minute personal pizza made with a tortilla shell pizza crust, pepperoni, mozzarella, and sauce. Enjoy BIG pizza flavor on a skinny crust with minimal effort. Tortilla pizza can be customized to anyone's taste!
Pepperoni Tortilla pizza
I've been jamming on tortilla crust pizza since my college days. It's amazing what you can do with a stack of tortillas, a jar of sauce, sliced pepperoni, and a bag of mozzarella! This is, hands down, one of my favorite, 15-minute dinner solutions here at TKG HQ!
What I love about flour tortilla pizza
- you get BIG pizza flavor in a skinny pizza
- it's ready in 15 minutes!
- it's a no-fail unless you burn it, so don't burn it 😉
- pizza takeout is expensive...tortilla pepperoni pizza isn't
- YOU control the ingredients
- use homemade tomato sauce for the base
- customizable for all diet restrictions
- it's a dinner that kids (and adults) love!
The best pizza oven temperature
When it comes to tortilla crust pizza, I have found that 400°F is the best oven temperature to get the ingredients properly warmed without burning the surface or the crust. A pizza made with raw dough needs a much warmer oven temperature (450-500°F) to cook the dough.
The best tortillas for tortilla shell pizza
Use any tortillas you want! White flour tortilla pizza is always a favorite, but whole wheat or gluten-free tortillas work too! Use any size tortilla you want. This is what makes the personal pizza ... personal!
How to make tortilla pizza on the stove
Step 1. Heat a 10" skillet on med-high on the stove and spread the oil evenly in a very thin layer on the surface.
Step 2. Place tortilla in the heated skillet and brown on one side for a few minutes.
Step 3. Flip the tortilla over and add pizza sauce, cheese, and other toppings to the browned side. Allow to heat until cheese melts.
Step 4. (optional) Place the pizza 6" under a preheated broiler to brown (be careful to not burn). Carefully remove, cut into slices, and serve.
How to make tortilla pizza in the oven
Step 1: Preheat oven to 400° and spray a pizza pan with cooking spray.
Step 2: Spread PIZZA SAUCE over the surface of tortilla; top with MOZZARELLA CHEESE, PEPPERONI, PARMESAN CHEESE, and PARSLEY.
Step 3: Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, or until desired browning occurs.
Step 4: Carefully remove pizza from the oven, transfer to a serving pan and allow to cool a few minutes; cut into slices and serve warm.
- 10" cast iron skillet
- toaster oven (optional for browning)
- grater for cheese
- silicone oven mitt
- 10" pizza baking tray(s)
- pizza wheel / cutter
More Italian dinner recipes
- 10-Minute Broiled Salmon
- Instant Pot Taco Pasta
- Lasagna Soup (for Instant Pot or Stove)
- Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo
- Italian Sausage Soup with Orzo
- One Pot Ham and Peas Alfredo
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 8-inch Whole Wheat Tortilla
- 2 Tbsp Pizza Sauce
- 1/4 cup Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 2 oz Pepperoni Slices
- 1 Tbsp Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Pinch Dried Parsley
- Heat a 10" skillet over medium heat. Add a few drops of OLIVE OIL to evenly coat the surface.
- Place FLOUR TORTILLA in the skillet. Heat one side a few minutes until lightly browned.
- Flip tortilla and spread PIZZA SAUCE over the surface.
- Top with MOZZARELLA CHEESE, PEPPERONI, PARMESAN CHEESE, and PARSLEY.
- Stove cook method: Turn heat to low, cover with a lid, allow the cheese to melt; transfer the pizza to serving pan, cut into slices, and serve warm.OR Oven cook method: Transfer skillet with pizza to 400°F preheated oven and bake 7-10 minutes, or until cheese has melted and browned lightly.ORBroiler method: Place skillet with pizza 6" under a low-flame broiler for a few minutes until cheese melts and some browning occurs.
- Carefully remove pizza from the oven. Transfer to a serving pan and allow to cool a few minutes. Cut into slices and serve warm.
Nutrition data provided as courtesy estimates using unbranded ingredients from a nutrition database. Please consult preferred resource for precise data.