Skillet Tortilla Pizza is a 15 minute, personal, tortilla pizza made in a skillet. My favorite combo is pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, and pepperoni. The modest serving delivers big flavor without all the calories of a big pizza.
Skillet Tortilla Pizza
I’ve been jamming on tortilla pizza since my college days.
It’s amazing what you can do with a stack of tortillas, a jar of sauce, a pouch of pepperoni, and a bag of mozzarella!
As a recipe writer, I always get asked for quick, weeknight dinner ideas that are family-friendly and affordable.
Tortilla pizza happens to be one of my favorite suggestions!
What I love about tortilla pizza
- all the flavor without the calories of a conventional sized pizza
- no-fail…unless you burn it…so don’t burn it 😉
- pizza takeout is expensive…tortilla pizza is not
- you control the ingredients
- ready in under 15 minutes
- gets your kids in the kitchen
What tortillas can I use for tortilla pizza?
You can use any tortillas you want!
I’ve used white flour tortillas, whole wheat tortillas, and gluten free tortillas.
How do you cook tortilla pizza?
I use a combination of stove and broiler for my tortilla pizza. Here’s how I do it:
1. Turn oven broiler to high (toaster oven works great too!)
2. Heat oil in skillet on med-high
3. Brown the tortilla on both sides
4. Add sauce, cheese, and other toppings to one side
5. Place the pizza under broiler to brown (be careful to not burn!)
6. Carefully remove, cut into slices, and devour!
Wanna know the benefits of using a skillet to cook your pizza?
The folks over at Serious Eats wrote a terrific article all about this!
I found their article while writing my post for this recipe and they go into detail in a way that I don’t.
Be sure to check it out!
Skillet Tortilla Pizza Ingredients:
- extra virgin olive oil
- flour tortilla (gluten free tortilla optional)
- pizza sauce (check out my Hidden Veggie Marinara Sauce recipe)
- mozzarella cheese
- parmesan cheese
Tools I use for this recipe:
- 10″ cast iron skillet
- toaster oven (optional for browning)
- grater for cheese
- silicone oven mitt
- 10″ pizza baking tray
- pizza wheel / cutter
If you like Tortilla Pizza, you’ll enjoy these other quick, weeknight recipes!
Pesto Chicken Gnocchi Soup in 10 minutes
Sheet Pan Steak Salad Nachos in 30 minutes
One Pot Ham and Peas Alfredo in under 30 minutes