This Vegan Veggie Sandwich is a scrumptious, 10-ingredient, vegan sandwich with multigrain bread, hummus, avocado, a ton of fresh produce, and pumpkin seeds. This carnivore-approved recipe proves that you don't need faux meat products to enjoy a vegan, vegetarian sandwich.
The Vegan Veggie Sandwich
You don't have to use meat substitutes to make a killer, vegan veggie sandwich. In fact, I think faux meat products are often what take carnivores down the wrong path of the vegan diet. I'll take fresh produce over a meat substitute any day of the week.
It's a money-saver too because everyday ingredients can be used in multiple ways, with other recipes. Yeah, we like that!
What do you put on a vegan sandwich?
1. Bread - A nutritious, whole grain bread should be the foundation of any amazing vegan sandwich.
2. Spread - Hummus is my favorite spread for any vegan sandwich. But I have some vegan salad dressing recipes waiting to be published. Coming soon!
3. Produce - Fresh, everyday, vegetables and fruit. Yep, I said fruit. Check out my recipe below to see my favorite fruit for veggie sandwiches.
4. Toppings - my favorite part of any sandwich are the accouterments, such as nuts/seeds, seasonings, and olive oil or flax oil. The toppings should add nutritional value, flavor, and texture to your veggie sandwich.
What I love about vegan sandwiches
They can be ridiculously healthy and so flippin' good if you use the right ingredient combination.
There is NO dairy and NO animal products...obvi.
You don't need processed fake food to make a good vegan sandwich!
Vegan Vegetarian Sandwich Ingredients
- sliced bread
- microgreens or sprouts
- red bell pepper or tomatoes
- red onion
- pumpkins seeds
- extra virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper
Recommended Kitchen Tools
Guys, remember, I'm a sometimes vegan.
But, I love to eat healthy, whole foods and I love the challenge of writing animal-free recipes that rock.
TKG vegan recipes are always tested on meat eaters.
The ones that get gobbled down are the ones that make it to the blog.
Grab my other vegetarian sandwiches
The Vegan Veggie Sandwich Even Meat Eaters Love
- 2 slices Whole Grain Bread
- 2 Tbsp Hummus
- 2 leaves Romaine Lettuce
- 1/4 cup Microgreens
- 1/4 cup Red Bell Pepper thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp Shredded Carrots
- 4-6 slices Red Onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 large Apple thinly sliced
- 4-6 slices Cucumber or homemade pickles
- 1/4 large Avocado sliced
- 2 tsp Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil drizzle
- 1 pinch Kosher Salt
- 1 pinch Black Pepper
- Spread HUMMUS evenly over bread slices.
- Layer all ingredients, starting with ROMAINE LETTUCE on bottom; work your way down the list, stacking ingredients on top of each other, ending with the PUMPKIN SEEDS.
- (optional, but highly recommended) Drizzle EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL over sandwich and sprinkle a little SALT and PEPPER over veggies.
- Close the sandwich; grab a beer; devour!
Nutrition data provided as courtesy estimates using unbranded ingredients from a nutrition database. Please consult preferred resource for precise data.