Sesame Kale Pasta is an Asian noodle recipe made with fresh kale, onions, shaved Brussels sprouts, and a lemon tahini sauce. It’s an easy, vegan pasta recipe that goes from weeknight dinner to weekday lunch any season of the year.
Sesame Kale Pasta
There’s something to be said for Asian noodles as a busy weeknight meal.
This comfort food is so easy to make and always ready in 30 minutes.
Sesame Kale Pasta is one of the healthiest ways to make a super delicious, vegan pasta dinner.
How to make Sesame Kale Pasta:
Step 1: Cook pasta noodles according to package instructions, drain, and set aside.
Step 2: Whisk together the creamy, vegan sauce ingredients in a bowl.
Step 3: Saute veggies until tender.
Step 4: Add noodles to veggies and saute until warmed through, stirring as needed.
Step 5: Add tahini sauce to noodles and veggies and heat, tossing to combine.
* See recipe below for full instructions
Asian noodle pantry staples
I love to use these two ingredients for so many Asian recipes:
Tahini – pureed sesame seeds; commonly used in hummus; contains 2.6 grams protein in 1 Tbsp serving; two-month shelf life in refrigerator after opening. (buy the reduced-sodium option)
Tamari – gluten-free, vegetarian version of soy sauce.
Kale Pasta Recipe Make-Ahead Tips:
Cook pasta noodles a day or two ahead (during meal prep day) for an even quicker dinner during the week.
Chop veggies in advance, or even stir fry them, but don’t add the sauce to the noodles until ready to serve.
Veggie side note: Brussels sprouts can be shredded with this mandoline or thinly sliced with a knife for this recipe.
To meal prep this recipe:
Step 1: Follow all instructions up to the point of adding the tahini sauce (refer to full recipe below).
Step 2: Allow the noodles and vegetables to cool completely before packing into airtight containers.
Step 3: Store the noodles and vegetables together, but store the tahini sauce separately. This will preserve the freshness of the cooked noodles and cooked veggies.
Step 4: When ready to eat, drizzle tahini sauce over veggie noodles; serve warm or cold.
What I love about Kale Pasta
These Asian noodles are on the table in under 30 minutes (just like my Lo Mein noodles).
The recipe uses always-available, simple ingredients, making it budget friendly and approachable.
Kale pasta goes from easy dinner to weekday lunch in a snap.
It’s vegan pasta that’s delicious warm or chilled.It can easily be made gluten free.
Kale contains necessary vitamins and minerals, like calcium and potassium, and vitamins A & C, so…live it up!
Sesame Kale Pasta Ingredients
- noodles (I use vermicelli noodles)
- lemon juice
- reduced-sodium tamari (or soy sauce)
- avocado oil
- Brussels sprouts
- red onion
- sliced almonds
- sesame seeds
- Dino kale
- chef knife
- cutting board
- salad spinner (for leafy produce)
- Mandolin slicer (for slicing Brussels sprouts)
- 3.5 qt saucepan with lid (for pasta)
- 12-inch nonstick skillet
- mixing bowls
Want more healthy, Asian recipes?
Vegetable Lo Mein Noodles are great when you want to skip the Chinese takeout and save money, but still get your Asian noodle fix.
Vegan Thai Coconut Vegetable Curry is a crazy popular recipe that goes the distance any night of the week. It’s creamy and full of nutrition!
This Zoodle Quinoa Power Bowl For Busy People is easy and quick! Zucchini is abundant during summer months, but it’s also available at the grocery store year round!
Asian Quinoa Slaw Salad with Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette is just one of those salads you can eat for days…and I do!
Sesame Kale Pasta
- 8 oz Vermicelli Noodles or any noodle
For the sauce:
- 2 Tbsp Tahini
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Water
- 1 Tbsp Reduced-Sodium Soy Sauce or Tamari
For the veggies:
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 6 Brussels Sprouts sliced thin
- 1/2 small Red Onion sliced thin
- 2 Tbsp Sliced Almonds
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 cup Dino Kale sliced thin
- Cook NOODLES according to package instructions; rinse, drain, set aside.
For the sauce:
- In a small bowl, whisk together TAHINI, LEMON, WATER, and TAMARI; set aside.
For the veggies:
- Heat SESAME OIL in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add BRUSSELS SPROUTS and RED ONION; sauté and stir until slightly tender (3-5 min).
- Stir in the SESAME SEEDS and ALMONDS; allow to toast until fragrant (about 2 min).
- Stir in KALE; sauté until tender (about 2 minutes).
- Stir in cooked NOODLES, continuing to heat until warmed through, stirring as needed.
- Drizzle TAHINI SAUCE over veggies and noodles; toss to combine. Remove entree from heat and serve warm.*If meal prepping, skip this step and do not add tahini sauce. Store it separately from noodles and veggies and add it just before serving.
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy, and are estimates based on unbranded ingredients acquired from a nutrition database. For accurate calculations, please refer to brand packaging information and consult your nutritionist.