Looking for the un-guilty version of ranch dressing that’s creamy and foolproof? Me too…which is why I created this Skinny Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing. Yeah, it’s another perfect use for one of my favorite ingredients of all time…Nonfat Greek Yogurt, baby! There isn’t a more perfect dressing for my Skinny Ranch BLT Avocado Pasta Salad.
Skinny Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing
Ok, you probably already know how much I looooove to substitute nonfat Greek yogurt in place of mayonnaise and sour cream in recipes that call for them.
It’s such a great way to cut calories and fat…and happens to be a great source of protein. A no-brainer in my book!
Thing is…I still really like mayonnaise, but in small amounts.
So, when I use yogurt in place of mayo for recipes that call for it, I don’t ditch it entirely. I’ve tried…and my taste buds just want it.
But you can ditch it if you like.
So, how do you make homemade ranch dressing?
I keep it pretty simple…put all of the ingredients into a mason jar, screw on the lid, and shake it until it’s combined.
I mean, you can use a food processor or blender, but why dirty up the extra dishes?
What spices are in ranch dressing?
I’ve made it with multiple combinations of spices.
While there is no one set of ingredients to make ranch, I always use a bare minimum of parsley, chives, and garlic.
I prefer to use fresh herbs, although dried herbs are great too.
You can also add onion powder, dill, or paprika…any of these will be great!
No matter what, I always use fresh, raw, garlic (not powdered).
What it does to the flavor of ranch dressing…is magical, especially after it has chilled overnight.
Here’s what I love about Skinny Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing:
- Nonfat Greek yogurt offers protein and less fat and calories than a mayo-based dressing.
- Homemade means you kick added sugars and salt to the curb.
- 10 minutes to make means you GOT this…even at the last minute!
- Not buying prepackaged means you save money and feel GOOD about what you eat.
Ingredients you’ll need (see full recipe below):
- nonfat Greek yogurt
- mayonnaise (optional)
- white vinegar
- fresh parsley
- fresh chives
- fresh garlic
- salt and pepper
Kitchen tools I use for this recipe:
* Note: This post has affiliate links, which means I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support and please let me know if you have product questions!
Latest posts by Traci Antonovich (see all)
- 10 Minute Pesto Chicken Gnocchi Soup - 09/18/2018
- 3 Bean Vegan Chili for Instant Pot, Stove, or Crockpot - 09/05/2018
- Icebox Chocolate Eclair Cake: Easy No Bake Dessert - 08/31/2018