Looking for the un-guilty version of ranch dressing that’s creamy and foolproof? Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing is a simple dressing and dip made with nonfat Greek yogurt, a little mayo, and ranch seasonings. Nonfat Greek yogurt offers protein, calcium, and less calories than a mayo-based ranch.
Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing
Ok, you probably already know how much I looooove to substitute nonfat Greek yogurt in place of mayonnaise and sour cream in recipes that call for them.
It’s such a great way to cut calories and fat…and happens to be a great source of protein. A no-brainer in my book!
Thing is…I still really like mayonnaise, but in small amounts.
So, when I use yogurt in place of mayo for recipes that call for it, I don’t ditch it entirely. I’ve tried…and my taste buds just want it.
But you can ditch it if you like.
Either way, we’re still winning by replacing most of the mayo with nonfat Greek yogurt in this recipe.
If you like that idea, grab these other recipes!
So, how do you make homemade ranch dressing?
I keep it pretty simple.
1. Place all ingredients into a mason jar.
2. Screw on the lid.
3. Shake until combined.
What spices are in ranch dressing?
I’ve made it with multiple combinations of spices.
While there is no one set of ingredients to make ranch, I always use a bare minimum of parsley, chives, and garlic.
I prefer to use fresh herbs, although dried herbs are great too.
You can also add onion powder, dill, or paprika…any of these will be great!
No matter what, I always use fresh, raw, garlic (not powdered).
What it does to the flavor of ranch dressing…is magical, especially after it has chilled overnight.
Here’s what I love about Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing:
- Nonfat Greek yogurt offers protein and less fat and calories than a mayo-based dressing.
- Homemade means you kick added sugars and salt to the curb.
- 10 minutes to make means you GOT this…even at the last minute!
- Not buying prepackaged means you save money and feel GOOD about what you eat.
Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing Ingredients:
- nonfat Greek yogurt
- mayonnaise (optional)
- white vinegar
- fresh parsley
- fresh chives
- fresh garlic
- salt and pepper
Kitchen tools I use for this recipe:
Now that you know how to make this ranch dressing, you’re well on your way to enjoy this BLT Pasta Salad with Avocado and Ranch.
Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing
- 3/4 cup Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Mayo optional
- 2 Tbsp 1% Milk
- 1 Tbsp White Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp fresh Parsley chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh Chives chopped
- 1 clove Garlic finely grated
- 1/8 tsp Kosher Salt
- Black pepper to taste
- In a lidded jar, combine GREEK YOGURT, (optional) MAYO, MILK, VINEGAR, PARSLEY, CHIVES, GARLIC, SALT and PEPPER.
- Cover and shake vigorously to combine; refrigerate until ready to serve. Shake well before serving.
- Prep tip: Make at least one day ahead for best flavor results. Store up to 7 days in refrigerator.
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy, and are estimates based on unbranded ingredients acquired from a nutrition database. For accurate calculations, please refer to brand packaging information and consult your nutritionist.