Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing is a simple dressing and dip made with nonfat Greek yogurt, a little mayo, and ranch seasonings. Nonfat Greek yogurt offers protein, calcium, and fewer calories than a mayo-based ranch.
Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing
Ok, you probably already know how much I looooove to substitute nonfat Greek yogurt in place of mayonnaise and sour cream in recipes that call for them.
It’s such a great way to cut calories and fat…and happens to be a great source of protein. A no-brainer in my book!
Thing is…I still really like mayonnaise but in small amounts.
So, when I use yogurt in place of mayo for recipes that call for it, I don’t ditch it entirely. I’ve tried…and my taste buds just want it.
But you can ditch it if you like.
Either way, we’re still winning by replacing most of the mayo with nonfat Greek yogurt in this recipe.
If you like that idea, grab these other recipes!
So, how do you make ranch dressing?
Step 1. Place all ingredients into a mason jar or mixing bowl.
Step 2. Screw on the lid (or grab a whisk).
Step 3. Shake or whisk until combined.
* See full recipe below
What spices are in ranch dressing?
I’ve made it with multiple combinations of spices.
There is no one set of ingredients to make ranch, but I always use a bare minimum of parsley, chives, and garlic.
I prefer to use fresh herbs, although dried herbs are great too.
You can also add onion powder, dill, or paprika…any of these will be great!
No matter what, I always use fresh, raw, garlic (not powdered).
What it does to the flavor of ranch dressing…is magical, especially after it has chilled overnight.
What do you eat with ranch dressing?
This BLT Pasta Salad with Avocado and Ranch is the perfect party salad, especially during summer.
These Naked Baked Smashed Potatoes are screaming for Ranch dressing.
Here’s what I love about Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing:
- Nonfat Greek yogurt dressing provides protein and has less fat and calories than a traditional mayo-based dressing.
- Homemade means you can reduce the amount of sugar and salt.
- 10 minutes to make means you GOT this…even at the last minute!
- Not buying prepackaged means you save money and feel GOOD about what you eat.
Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing Ingredients:
- nonfat Greek yogurt
- mayonnaise (optional)
- white vinegar
- fresh parsley
- fresh chives
- fresh garlic
- salt and pepper
Kitchen tools I use for this recipe:
- chef knife
- cutting board
- microplane fine grater (to grate garlic)
- mason jar with lid or mixing bowl with a whisk
Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing
- 3/4 cup Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Mayo optional
- 1/4 cup 1% Milk
- 1 Tbsp White Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp fresh Parsley chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh Chives chopped
- 1 clove Garlic finely grated
- 1/8 tsp Kosher Salt
- Black pepper to taste
- In a lidded jar, combine GREEK YOGURT, (optional) MAYO, MILK, VINEGAR, PARSLEY, CHIVES, GARLIC, SALT and PEPPER.
- Cover and shake vigorously to combine; refrigerate until ready to serve. Shake well before serving.
- Prep tip: Make at least one day ahead of serving time for best flavor results. Store up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
To make ranch dressing using a stick blender
- Place all ingredients in a tall container or glass jar, insert the blade end of the stick blender into the dressing ingredients.
- Pulse the blender until ingredients are well-incorporated, then blend at a steady speed until dressing is fully blended.