Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing is a simple, 10-minute dressing and ranch dip made with Greek yogurt, (optional) mayo, and ranch seasonings. The Greek yogurt offers protein, calcium, and (if using nonfat) fewer calories than a classic ranch dressing.
Here's a healthy ranch dressing recipe made with Greek yogurt instead of the typical sour cream or mayonnaise found in classic ranch. Substituting nonfat Greek yogurt is one of my fav tricks. I use it in my Macaroni Salad, French Onion Dip, and Pesto Pasta Salad because it reduces unnecessary calories from fat and adds protein. That's a win!
Greek yogurt ranch dressing recipe ingredients
- Greek yogurt - any fat content will work (I love nonfat Greek yogurt)
- mayonnaise - optional (but I do love a touch of mayo in everything)
- milk - any fat content
- white vinegar
- fresh parsley, chives, and raw garlic
- salt and pepper
How to make ranch dressing or ranch dip
- Place all ingredients into a lidded mason jar or mixing bowl.
- Shake (jar) or whisk ingredients until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate. Serve chilled.
What spices are in ranch dressing?
There is no rule on what spices ranch dressing must have. I peronally love to always include fresh parsley, chives, and garlic. Dried herbs are great too! Sometimes I like to add onion powder, dill, or paprika. When it comes to garlic in ranch dressing, I prefer raw over powdered, but you can use whatever you have on hand. Feel free to customize ranch seasonings to your liking.
What to eat with ranch dressing?
What makes this a healthy Greek yogurt ranch?
- Greek yogurt dressing provides protein whereas classic mayo-based dressing does not.
- You can use nonfat Greek yogurt in place of full fat yogurt, so there's less fat and calories.
- Homemade means you can reduce the amount of sugar and salt.
- Making your own ranch dressing = save money and feel GOOD about what you eat.
- chef knife and cutting board
- microplane fine grater (to grate garlic)
- mason jar with lid or mixing bowl with a whisk
More Greek yogurt recipes
Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing
- ¾ cup Greek Yogurt, I use nonfat
- ¼ cup Mayo, optional
- ¼ cup 1% Milk, or any fat content
- 1 tablespoon White Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh Chives, chopped
- 1 clove Garlic, finely grated
- ⅛ teaspoon Sea Salt
- Black pepper, to taste
How to make ranch dressing without a blender
- In a lidded jar or mixing bowl, shake (or whisk) GREEK YOGURT, MAYO, MILK, VINEGAR, PARSLEY, CHIVES, GARLIC, SALT and PEPPER until well-combined.
To make ranch dressing using a stick blender
- Place all ingredients in a tall container or glass jar, insert the blade end of the stick blender into the dressing ingredients.
- Pulse the blender until ingredients are well-incorporated, then blend at a steady speed until dressing is fully blended.
Storage and serving
- Cover and refrigerate in an airtight container up to 5 days until ready to serve.
- Shake well before serving. Serve chilled.
Nutrition data provided as courtesy estimates using unbranded ingredients from a nutrition database. Please consult preferred resource for precise data.