Crispy Roasted Chickpeas are made with canned chickpeas tossed in olive oil with seasonings and baked to crispy perfection. Meal prep this roasted chickpeas recipe for vegan snacks and crispy salad toppings. Kids adore them too!
Crispy Roasted Chickpeas
Roasted chickpeas are one of my favorite snacks and salad toppings.
They're crispy, light, nutritious, and so easy to make!
You can make the classic style with a little olive oil and salt, or make my herb roasted chickpeas recipe by adding a few dried seasonings for a zesty flavor.
Whichever way you prefer, roasting chickpeas is the epitome of taking healthy snacks into your own hands.
Chickpeas are so nutritious!
1/2 cup of canned, reduced-sodium, chickpeas (garbanzos) gets you 5 grams of dietary fiber and 5 grams of protein.
I've seen some cans have as much as 6 grams of fiber and protein per 1/2 cup. That's awesome!
I love numbers like that with super versatile ingredients like chickpeas.
You really can't go wrong to always have multiple cans at the ready...and I do!
How to make crispy roasted chickpeas:
Step 1: Preheat oven to 375° and drain a can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans) into a colander or strainer.
Step 2: Towel dry the chickpeas to remove all surface moisture (use a paper towel or flour sack towel).
Step 3: Toss chickpeas in extra virgin olive oil and dried seasonings; place in a single layer on a baking sheet.
Step 4: Bake chickpeas 30-45 minutes until crispy, tossing by shaking the pan at the halfway point.
* See the full recipe below
You'll be so happy to serve these to your family knowing they're not made in a factory with too much salt, or refined sugar, or MSG, etc.
You make them and you control the ingredients = you win!
How to use crispy chickpeas
This low-fat, nutritious snack can be used in so many ways!
- pack into lunches (kids love them too!)
- toss into green salads
- add to a Buddha bowl
- enjoy as a healthy snack on the go
How to store baked chickpeas and how long do they last?
When baked to maximum crispiness with all moisture removed, I store roasted chickpeas in a mason jar at room temperature up to 1 week.
I do not recommend refrigerating or freezing roasted chickpeas because they won't stay crispy.
Crispy Roasted Chickpeas Recipe Ingredients
- reduced sodium chickpeas
- extra virgin olive oil
- dried dill
- dried garlic
- Kosher salt
Tools needed to bake chickpeas
- mesh strainer (to drain the chickpeas)
- paper towels or flour sack towel (to dry the chickpeas)
- baking sheet (to roast chickpeas)
- oven mitts
More chickpeas recipes
My In-A-Hurry Kale Chickpea Soup is practically as easy as these roasted chickpeas, only it’s a meal.
Also, my Lemony Kale Chickpea Avocado Salad is, by far, one of my crazy-popular recipes to date!
And lastly, my Vegan Thai Coconut Vegetable Curry is another popular recipe that uses one pot and a boatload of veggies.
Crispy Roasted Chickpeas
- 1 ½ cups Cooked Chickpeas, or 15oz can (drained)
- 2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ tsp Dried Dill
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- Pinch Kosher Salt
- Preheat oven to 375°.
To prep chickpeas
- Drain, rinse, and towel-dry the CHICKPEAS until there is no moisture on their surface.
- In a bowl, gently toss together CHICKPEAS, OLIVE OIL, DILL WEED, GARLIC POWDER, and KOSHER SALT; spread the chickpeas in single layer on a baking sheet.
To roast chickpeas
- Bake for 30-45 minutes until crispy and fully dried, shaking the pan to turn them at the halfway point (or more if desired).
- Carefully remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Serve on salads, buddha bowls, or enjoy as a healthy snack.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature; enjoy up to 1 week. Do not refrigerate or freeze (they won't stay crispy).
Nutrition data provided as courtesy estimates using unbranded ingredients from a nutrition database. Please consult preferred resource for precise data.