This Creamy Avocado Ranch Dressing and Dip is a homemade ranch dressing with avocado added to it. It's secretly healthy, made with avocados, nonfat Greek yogurt, ranch seasonings, and just a touch of mayonnaise. Make this avocado dressing as a dip for your next party, and watch it disappear!
Creamy Avocado Ranch Dressing and Dip
If you love a good, homemade ranch dressing, and you love avocados, you'll go crazy for this avocado dressing!
This recipe uses nonfat Greek yogurt in place of the heaps of mayonnaise that usually dominate ranch dressing.
Nothing against ranch or mayonnaise but I have a serious obsession with both, and I need to break up with it sometimes.
If you follow my sneaky techniques with recipes that call for mayo, you know I almost always substitute it with nonfat Greek yogurt...and just a touch of mayo.
Because I feel like I can't give up the crutch, and this combo allows me to feel good about indulging.
Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise?
Yep, I want the protein and vitamins I get from a heap of yogurt, that I don't get from mayonnaise.
When we use straight mayonnaise, like so many recipes require, we get more calories, fat, and cholesterol than I personally need.
This avocado dressing is the perfect application for this substitute!
Should I use dried spices or fresh herbs for Ranch dressing?
You’ll notice I used dried herbs in this recipe, but I love Ranch with fresh herbs too!
If you use fresh herbs, double the herb amounts in this recipe.
Don't be afraid to experiment. It's forgiving...it's Ranch, after all.
Uses for Avocado Dressing & Dip
- salad dressing
- nachos topping
- drizzle on burrito bowls or nachos
- taco / burrito condiment
- veggie dip
- sandwich spread
- pasta salad dressing
- french fry dip
Avocado Ranch recipe tips:
~ Use fresh garlic, not garlic powder. It's more authentic to ranch dressing.
~ Don't use overripe avocados b/c it won't look as pretty and will turn faster.
~ Feel free to adjust the yogurt to mayonnaise ratio to fit your dietary needs.
~ Turn this dressing into a gorgeous dip by omitting the milk.
Avocado Ranch Dressing Ingredients:
- nonfat Greek yogurt
- mayonnaise (optional)
- lemon Juice
- white vinegar
- garlic clove
- dried parsley, dried dill, dried chives, and dried onion
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1% milk
Here are the tools I use for this recipe:
- Chef knife (to cut the avocado)
- cutting board
- Cuisinart Pro Classic Food Processor or Nutribullet 900 Pro blender
- pint and a half glass storage jar (to store in refrigerator)
Btw, I own and love these products, so don't hesitate to ask me questions about their performance.
Want more secretly healthy recipes?
Grab my Guiltless French Onion Dip is also made with Greek nonfat yogurt.
Check out this Skinny Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing.
One of my most pinned recipes ever...is this delicious Lemony Kale Chickpea Avocado Salad.
Video: Creamy Avocado Ranch Dressing and Dip
Creamy Avocado Ranch Dressing and Dip
- 1 large Avocado, seed and skin removed
- 1/4 cup Plain Greek Yogurt, or sour cream
- 2 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice (1/2 lemon juiced), or White Vinegar
- 1 small Garlic Clove, finely grated
- 1/2 tsp Dried Parsley, or 1 tsp fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp Dried Dill, or 1 tsp fresh dill
- 1/2 tsp Dried Chives, or 1 tsp fresh chives
- 1/2 tsp Dried Onion, or 1 tsp raw onion
- 1/8 tsp Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup 1% Milk, or preferred milk
- In a food processor or blender, combine AVOCADO, YOGURT, MAYONNAISE, LEMON JUICE (or VINEGAR), GARLIC, PARSLEY, DILL, CHIVES, ONION, SALT, and PEPPER. Blend until well-combined.
- Continue blending and add MILK in small amounts to reach desired consistency.
- Refrigerate avocado dressing in an airtight container up to 5 days.
Nutrition data provided as courtesy estimates using unbranded ingredients from a nutrition database. Please consult preferred resource for precise data.