These Chipotle-inspired vegetarian burrito bowls are full of fresh ingredients for a healthy and nutritious weekday lunch. Meal prep burrito bowls on Sunday for a healthy, prepared week.
Chipotle-inspired Vegetarian Burrito Bowls are one of those throw-together salads I love to make with easy, on-hand ingredients.
I almost always have canned/cooked beans and brown rice available because I eat them so often.
Also, I pretty much always have leafy greens, 5-minute blender salsa, avocado, cilantro, and lime on hand too.
One of the best tips I can give you about making great meals is that you plan to have the right ingredients on hand most of the time.
Especially the truly versatile ingredients…like ALL the ones in Tex Mex food prep. YUM!!!
And if you do plan…you can rock out any busy weeknight without sacrificing your dietary goals, your time, and your budget.
This is why I lean on Mexican food for so many meals…and most of the time, I prefer it to be meatless.
I mean, there’s so much flavor, even without the meat!
What I love about this vegetarian version of Chipotle’s burrito bowl:
- gluten-free…and vegan!
- nutritious and filling
- ingredients available any season
- cross-utilize ingredients (breakfast burritos, nachos, etc)
- perfect last-minute meal if you use prepped ingredients
- makes the perfect weekday lunch
My favorite way to eat a vegetarian burrito bowl is on a sheet pan full of tortilla chips!
I recommend knocking out this easy list during your Sunday prep.
Trust me, you’ll love having these ingredients on hand when you’re in the throes of your busy week!
When it’s time to assemble and eat these Mexican Burrito Bowls, you can reheat the beans and rice (or not), toss everything together, top with a squeeze of fresh lime or dressing and enjoy!
Vegetarian Burrito Bowl Ingredients
Pantry / prepared items:
- canned beans
- cooked rice
- prepared salsa
- prepared dressing (or a simple squeeze of lime)
Meal prep these burrito bowl ingredients!
Pre-made ingredients can make the whole process faster, but if you want to be fully in control of your ingredients, check out my homemade Tex Mex recipes.
No-Soak-Hands-Free Beans – so healthy, cost-effective, and scrumptious.
Cilantro-Lime Brown Rice instead of white rice.
5-Minute Blender Salsa – skip the store-bought stuff and make this instead…so much cheaper!
Avocado Ranch Dressing – one of my most popular recipes to date! So creamy, healthy, and delicious!
Vegetarian Burrito Bowls
- Place LETTUCE LEAVES into individual serving bowls.
- Divide RICE AND BEANS, AVOCADO, SALSA, CILANTRO, and LIME wedges over two bowls.Drizzle AVOCADO RANCH DRESSING over toppings in each bowl.
Latest posts by Traci Antonovich (see all)
- Thai Coconut Soup - 12/01/2019
- Pear Cranberry Apple Crisp - 11/26/2019
- 14 Vegan Thanksgiving Recipes They’ll Love (even if they’re not vegan) - 11/24/2019