The Vegan Veggie Sandwich Even Meat Eaters Love is a scrumptious, 10-ingredient, vegan sandwich. Multigrain bread, creamy hummus, fresh produce, a few pumpkin seeds, and an olive oil drizzle make this the perfect, plant-powered sandwich…even for carnivores!
The Vegan Veggie Sandwich
You don’t have to use meat substitutes to make a killer, vegan veggie sandwich.
In fact, I think faux meat products are often what take carnivores down the wrong path of the vegan diet.
I’ll take fresh produce over a meat substitute any day of the week.
It’s a money-saver too, because everyday ingredients can be used in multiple ways, with other recipes.
Yeah, we like that!
What do you put on a vegan sandwich?
1. Bread – A nutritious, whole grain bread should be the foundation of any amazing vegan sandwich.
2. Spread – Hummus is my favorite spread for any vegan sandwich. But I have some vegan salad dressing recipes waiting to be published. Coming soon!
3. Produce – Fresh, everyday, vegetables and fruit. Yep, I said fruit. Check out my recipe below to see my favorite fruit for veggie sandwiches.
4. Toppings – my favorite part of any sandwich are the accoutrements, such as nuts/seeds, seasonings, and olive oil or flax oil. The toppings should add nutritional value, flavor, and texture to your veggie sandwich.
What I love about this vegetarian sandwich
It’s ridiculously healthy and so flippin’ good.
There are NO dairy or animal products…it’s a plant-powered meal.
So few processed ingredients makes this sandwich a whole food extravaganza.
My carnivore testers give thumbs up across the board!
Vegan Vegetarian Sandwich Ingredients:
- sliced bread
- microgreens or sprouts
- red bell pepper or tomatoes
- red onion
- pumpkins seeds
- extra virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper
Kitchen tools I use for this recipe:
Guys, remember, I’m a sometimes vegan.
But, I love eating healthy and I love the challenge of writing animal-free recipes that rock.
TKG vegan recipes are always tested on meat eaters.
The ones that get gobbled down are the ones that make it to the blog.