Truth. I’m a produce hoarder. Wanna know how I make the most of my farmer’s market hauls and grocery store trips? I make BIG salads that last all week…just like this Meal Prep Veggie Quinoa Chopped Salad. It’s refreshing any season, loaded with everyday vegetables, and makes me feel ok about my produce-hoarding problem.
Meal Prep Veggie Quinoa Chopped Salad
Do you meal prep your lunches for the work week? I can’t say I do it religiously, but I do it often enough to know that, when I do, it just makes everything about my week go smoother. Even if it’s as simple as one, giant, salad for lunch 3-4 days of the week. It really is the gift that keeps on giving!
Let’s do recognize though…meal prep does take a little effort up front, but it shouldn’t be complicated, time-consuming, or expensive. It should be simple, affordable, and should fit your budget, both money and time.
Enter the Meal Prep Veggie Quinoa Chopped Salad! Let me point out all the things I love about it:
- Uses everyday, raw vegetables packed with fiber and nutrients.
- Gives that protein-packed quinoa in your cabinet a chance to be loved…really loved!
- This salad is naturally vegan and gluten-free!
- Save money by not buying pre-packaged food.
- You control the serving sizes for salad and dressing.
- You don’t have to think about what’s for lunch tomorrow.
- You can use my yummy vinaigrette recipe…or pick your favorite!
Not just for meal prep either!
Nope, you can make this salad to feed any crowd, for any occasion. In fact, my friend Dave, known for making big, fat, killer salads for every occasion, made a garden quinoa vegetable salad for a July 4th party this summer. I couldn’t stop eating it and knew I wanted to recreate one for the blog. Thanks for the inspiration, Dave!
Want more VEGAN, meal-prep salad recipes?
Check out my very popular Asian Quinoa Slaw Salad with Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette…it’s so addictive! Equally popular is my Lemony Kale Chickpea Avocado Salad with only eight, simple ingredients. Then there’s this Chopped Thai Salad with Chili Ginger Vinaigrette which rocks my world every time I eat it.
Ingredients you’ll need for the salad (see full recipe below):
- cooked quinoa
- bell pepper
- cherry tomatoes
- corn (fresh or frozen)
- pumpkin seeds (or any nuts)
Ingredients you’ll need for the vinaigrette (or use your own favorite!):
- white balsamic vinegar
- lemon juice
- fresh garlic
- agave nectar
- salt and pepper
Kitchen tools I use for this recipe:
- chef knife
- cutting board
- salad spinner (to wash leafy produce)
- microplane fine grater (to grate garlic)
- whisk or fork
- measuring cups
- large bowl
- salad containers
- salad dressing containers
* Note: This post has affiliate links, which means I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support and please let me know if you have product questions!