Garlicky Oven Roasted Mushrooms are a meal-prep winner for me and the perfect side dish to almost any meal. I prefer this oven roasted method over sautéed because the latter seems to need more oil to keep the mushrooms tender and juicy while cooking. For the win-win…they’re vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, paleo, and whole 30!
Garlicky Oven Roasted Mushrooms
My favorite thing about this recipe, besides omnomnom…these babies are oven-roasted, which generally need mush less oil than mushrooms sautéed on the stove. The reason…in the oven, they baste in their natural juices, so you only need a light coating of oil, and they always come out perfectly tender and juicy.
When it comes to mushrooms, I prefer grilling any day, but it’s not always grill-thirty, so this roasted mushroom recipe is perfect for my countertop oven during warmer months. Shout out to the toaster oven lovahs!
This recipe is diet-friendly!
With so many food restrictions in the world, exactly who will benefit from this easy recipe?
- Anyone who loves mushrooms (and isn’t allergic to them).
- Anyone who is #1 and is vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, paleo, or Whole 30.
Those are just off the top of my head.
How do you roast mushrooms and how long does it take?
Here’s what I do:
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 400°.
- Toss clean mushrooms into a plastic bag.
- Add olive oil, fresh garlic, fresh chives, salt, and pepper.
- Gently massage mushrooms and ingredients together (this is how I get the garlic to stick!)
- Place in skillet (button-side down) and dust with garlic powder
- Bake 10-12 minutes and serve warm.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need for Garlicky Oven Roasted Mushrooms:
- mushrooms (I like baby bellas)
- extra virgin olive oil
- garlic cloves
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
Kitchen tools I use for this recipe:
If you’re looking for more healthy sides that come together quickly, check out my Cilantro Lime Brown Rice: Chipotle Copycat recipe or my Mushroom Sesame Quinoa with Scallions. Hands down, two of my super-fast favorites!
* Note: This post has affiliate links, which means I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support and please let me know if you have product questions!
Latest posts by Traci (see all)
- Better Than Takeout Chicken Fried Brown Rice - 07/14/2017
- No Churn Strawberry Greek Frozen Yogurt - 06/28/2017
- Strawberry Spring Salad with Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette - 06/25/2017