Marinated Mushrooms are button mushrooms, briefly sauteed then marinated in a simple, homemade Italian dressing. This 15-minute mushroom recipe makes the perfect, healthy topping and condiment for salads, sandwiches, and snacks. It’s naturally vegan and gluten-free!
Easy Marinated Mushrooms
I’m dedicating this scrumptious recipe to my dad who told me that marinated mushrooms belonged on my blog. He was right!
He’s such a fan of them, and I never tire of hearing him talk about how he makes them.
So, what’s a girl to do but take his advice, write a recipe inspired by him, and dedicate it to him.
How to serve marinated mushrooms
These mushrooms will quickly become your favorite add ons to:
- leafy salads
- pasta salads
- cold sandwiches
- BBQ side dish
- antipasto appetizer (serve with toothpicks)
- a healthy snack for any occasion
Now that you know how to serve these beauties, let’s get down to brass tacks!
How to make marinated mushrooms
* See full recipe below
Step 1. Prepare mushrooms by slicing into halves or quarters (or leave whole if they’re small enough).
Step 2. Briefly saute the mushrooms in oil over medium heat until tender; allow to cool.
Step 3. Whisk together ingredients for Italian vinaigrette.
Step 4. Place mushrooms in a storage container and pour the vinaigrette over the mushrooms.
Step 6. Serve immediately, or allow to refrigerate and marinate up to 5 days, stirring as needed. Serve chilled.
Is it OK to marinate mushrooms overnight?
Yes, in fact, the longer you allow them to marinate (maximum 5 days), the better they taste.
Their flavor develops more every day, so making them a day or two in advance is highly recommended!
Do marinated mushrooms need to be refrigerated?
Yes, they do need to be refrigerated, both during and after the marinating process.
Even though mushrooms are often kept at room temperature, the minute you combine them with the marinade for this recipe, they need to be chilled to prevent spoilage.
How long do marinated mushrooms last in the fridge?
These marinated mushrooms last up to five days in the refrigerator.
According to my dad though, they won’t make it that long b/c you can’t help yourself eating them one by one.
Marinated Mushroom Ingredients:
- button mushrooms
- extra virgin olive oil
- white wine vinegar
- fresh garlic
- dried onion flakes
- Italian seasoning
- cane sugar
- crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
Kitchen Tools I use for this recipe:
Grab these other healthy mushroom recipes
Easy Marinated Mushrooms
Heat the mushrooms:
- Heat OLIVE OIL in skillet on medium high heat.
- Add MUSHROOMS; sauté a few minutes until tender; remove from heat and allow to cool.
Make the Italian vinaigrette
- In a mixing bowl, combine OLIVE OIL, WHITE WINE VINEGAR, GARLIC, ONION FLAKES, ITALIAN SEASONING, (optional) SUGAR, CRUSHED RED PEPPER FLAKES, SALT, and PEPPER; whisk until creamy and well combined.
Add marinade to mushrooms
- Place MUSHROOMS in an airtight container; pour the vinaigrette over them.
- Serve immediately, or allow to refrigerate and marinate up to 5 days, stirring as needed.
- Top your favorite leafy salad, pasta salad, sandwich, or wrap. Or serve as an appetizer or healthy snack for any occasion.
Latest posts by Traci Antonovich (see all)
- Chicken Penne Alla Vodka [One Pot Pasta] - 08/16/2019
- Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe - 08/08/2019
- 50 Buddha Bowls to Reboot Your Plant-Based Routine - 08/07/2019