Easy Marinated Mushrooms are mushrooms caps marinated in an easy, homemade Italian vinaigrette for a few days, building a savory, flavor to appetizers, sandwiches, or meals. They’re so good, they might not ever make it to parties!
Easy Marinated Mushrooms
I’m dedicating this recipe to my dad, who convinced me to publish it to the blog a while back.
He’s such a fan of Italian marinated mushrooms, and I never tire of hearing him talk about how he makes them
Well, I love mushrooms…and I love my dad.
So, what’s a girl to do but take his advice, write a recipe inspired by him, and dedicate it to him.
How to make marinated mushrooms:
1. Make the Italian vinaigrette recipe (see below) or use packaged Italian dressing.
2. Chop mushrooms into bite-size pieces and put in storage container.
3. Pour vinaigrette over the mushrooms. They’ll float at first, but they’ll eventually absorb the dressing and sink.
4. Refrigerate up to 3 or 4 days, but give them a stir every day.
My dad swears that the hardest part about making marinated mushrooms is not eating them before it’s time!
Of course he likes to use packaged Italian dressing, and I wouldn’t hesitate to do the same, but you guys know how much I love making stuff from scratch.
One thing you should know about these marinated mushrooms…they’re the perfect, chilled condiment or appetizer for any party or picnic.
They won’t last long due to the delish-factor.
Like this Marinated Mushrooms recipe? You’ll enjoy these too!
Marinated Mushroom Ingredients:
- button mushrooms
- extra virgin olive oil
- white wine vinegar
- garlic cloves
- Dijon mustard
- dried onion flakes
- Italian seasoning
- crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
Kitchen Tools I use for this recipe:
- mason jar with lid
- chef knife and cutting board
- 4-quart storage container