Marinated Mushrooms are button mushrooms sauteed and marinated in a zesty Italian dressing. Enjoy it as a healthy snack, side, or condiment with your favorite recipes.
Marinated mushrooms are button mushrooms, briefly sauteed then marinated in a zesty Italian dressing. This 15-minute mushroom recipe makes the perfect, healthy topping and condiment for salads, sandwiches, and snacks.
- mushrooms - Baby bellas and plain white mushrooms work great for this recipe.
- extra virgin olive oil - or preferred oil
- white wine vinegar - or any vinegar
- fresh garlic - you could use garlic powder, but fresh garlic rules!
- dried onion flakes - or onion powder
- Italian seasoning - Make a quick homemade Italian seasoning if you don't have any on hand.
- crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
How to marinate mushrooms
- Slice mushrooms into halves or quarters (or leave whole if they're small enough).
- Briefly saute the mushrooms in oil over medium heat until tender; allow to cool.
- Whisk together ingredients for Italian vinaigrette.
- Place mushrooms in a storage container and pour the vinaigrette over the mushrooms.
- Refrigerate and marinate up to 5 days, stirring as needed. Serve chilled.
Serve these juicy mushrooms in or next to:
- leafy salads
- pasta salads
- super bowl foods
- chicken entrees
- pulled pork
- antipasto appetizer platter
If you're interested in the health and nutritional benefits of mushrooms, check out this Harvard food feature article.
How long can you marinate mushrooms?
These mushrooms last up to five days in the refrigerator. Every day, the flavor only deepens, making them more addictive. According to my dad though, they won't make it 5 days because you can't help yourself eating them one by one.
Mushroom recipes we love
- Garlicky Oven Roasted Mushrooms
- Vegan Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Mushroom Stroganoff Recipe
- Mushroom Soup
- Grilled Portobello Mushrooms
Easy Marinated Mushrooms
- 2 pounds Button Mushrooms, 5 cups, halved
- ⅓ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil, reserve 2 tablespoons
- ⅓ cup White Wine Vinegar
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dried Onion Flakes
- 2 tablespoons Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Sugar, optional
- ¼ teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- ½ teaspoon Sea Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Heat reserved OLIVE OIL in skillet on medium high heat.
- Add MUSHROOMS and sauté a few minutes until tender.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine OLIVE OIL, WHITE WINE VINEGAR, GARLIC, ONION FLAKES, ITALIAN SEASONING, SUGAR, CRUSHED RED PEPPER FLAKES, SALT, and PEPPER. Whisk until creamy and well combined.
- Place MUSHROOMS and Italians dressing vinaigrette over them.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 5 days.
Traci's Recipe Notes
Nutrition data provided as courtesy estimates using unbranded ingredients from a nutrition database. Please consult preferred resource for precise data.