Marinated Mushrooms are button mushrooms that are briefly sauteed and marinated in a zesty, homemade Italian vinaigrette. Serve them as antipasto, healthy snacks, or add to your favorite sandwiches and wraps. These babies are vegan, gluten free, and low carb…for the win!
Easy Marinated Mushrooms
I’m dedicating this delicious, mushroom recipe to my dad, who loves any excuse to make a giant batch of marinated mushrooms.
He’s such a fan of Italian marinated mushrooms, and I never tire of hearing him talk about how he makes them.
Well, I love mushrooms…and I love my dad.
So, what’s a girl to do but take his advice, write a recipe inspired by him, and dedicate it to him.
How to make marinated mushrooms
* See full recipe below
1. Prepare mushrooms by slicing into halves or quarters (or leave whole if they’re small enough).
2. Briefly saute mushrooms until tender and allow to cool
3. Whisk together ingredients for Italian vinaigrette.
3. Place mushrooms in a storage container.
4. Pour vinaigrette over the mushrooms.
5. Serve immediately, or refrigerate up to one week, stirring as needed.
How long do marinated mushrooms last in the fridge?
According to my dad, not long LOL.
He swears that the hardest part about marinating mushrooms is “the wait” because you can’t help yourself eating them one by one.
If they make it past that, they’ll easily last in the fridge up to 5 days.
Keep in mind that time is what makes these beauties get more delicious every day.
Grab more mushroom recipes
Marinated Mushroom Ingredients:
- button mushrooms
- extra virgin olive oil
- white wine vinegar
- fresh garlic
- dried onion flakes
- Italian seasoning
- cane sugar
- crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
Kitchen Tools I use for this recipe:
Easy Marinated Mushrooms
- 2 lbs Button Mushrooms 5 cups, halved
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup White Wine Vinegar
- 4 cloves Garlic finely grated
- 1 Tbsp Dried Onion Flakes
- 2 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 2 tsp Sugar optional
- 1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- Heat OLIVE OIL in skillet on medium high heat.
- Add MUSHROOMS; sauté a few minutes until tender; remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a separate bowl, combine OLIVE OIL, WHITE WINE VINEGAR, GARLIC, ONION FLAKES, ITALIAN SEASONING, SUGAR, CRUSHED RED PEPPER FLAKES, SALT, and PEPPER; whisk until creamy and well combined.
- Place MUSHROOMS in a 1 quart container; pour dressing over mushrooms.
- Serve immediately, or store in refrigerator up to 5 days.