Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts are maple syrup-baked Brussels sprouts with fennel and red onion. They’re topped with pomegranate and pumpkin seeds for added sweet and savory flavor and crunch. Grab this easy, roasted Brussels sprouts recipe!
Roasted Brussels sprouts are a firm “yes, please!” in our house with just about any meal during the cooler months.
They’re easy to make, healthy, affordable, and so versatile…as you probably know.
But, here’s a straight-forward question from a non Brussels sprout believer.
How do you make Brussels sprouts taste good?
Let’s face it…not everyone loves Brussels sprouts because, they’re bitter.
Even after being tossed in olive oil, oven-baked, and sprinkled with salt and pepper, they’re still bitter.
If you don’t love this, I have a scrumptious solution for you.
It’s maple syrup, my friend!
Have you ever baked Brussels sprouts tossed in maple syrup?
Go ahead…just try it! Then, try not to devour them before they even hit the serving platter.
Once you taste, I have a feeling you’ll eat maple-syrup baked Brussels sprouts again and again.
These babies are can’t-keep-your-hands-off delicious!
What should I roast Brussels sprouts with?
When I roast Brussels sprouts, I like to add a few other vegetables to compliment their texture, flavor, and color.
For this recipe, I roasted fresh fennel and a gorgeous red onion along with the Brussels sprouts, all tossed in that secret-weapon maple syrup mixture, of course.
You are most welcome to omit the fennel and or the onion, but there’s something magical about this maple-baked veggie combination.
Especially after you sprinkle on the pomegranate and pumpkin seeds.
The savory, salty, sweet situation is…onnnnn point!
Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe Overview
Full, printable recipe is available below
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Wash, dry, and slice Brussels sprouts, fennel, and red onion.
- Whisk together maple syrup and olive oil.
- Add vegetables and toss to coat.
- Bake veggies for 10 minutes, toss around, then bake another 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove, allow to cool, and try not to immediately devour…because I’m telling you they are so flippin’ delicious!
- Transfer to serving plate and top with pomegranate and pumpkin seeds.
- Then devour!
Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts recipe tips:
- Slice vegetables thick enough because they can disintegrate in the oven.
- Prep all ingredients a day or two in advance, and save time on your cooking day.
- Don’t skimp on the maple syrup…get the real thing!
- Serve warm or chilled, with pork, turkey, chicken, or beef…or eat as a meal in itself.
- Try to NOT eat them, straight out of the oven.
- Buy extra Brussels sprouts in case you failed on that last tip.
Serve Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts with these other delicious recipes:
Herb Roasted Turkey Breast – perfect for smaller holiday dinners
Baked Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese – simple, straight comfort food
Simple Baked Chicken Leg Drumsticks – you can use the same oven to bake the Brussels sprouts
Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts Ingredients:
- Brussels sprouts
- fresh fennel
- red onion
- maple syrup
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- pomegranate arils
- pumpkin seeds