Mouth-watering Broccoli Salad recipe with bacon, grapes, blue cheese, and walnuts, in a Dijon cider vinaigrette. Sweet and savory broccoli bacon salad is perfect for any occasion, any season of the year!
Broccoli Bacon Salad
When is the last time you took a bite of broccoli, bacon, grapes, walnuts, and blue cheese? If the answer is “never”, you’re missing out, my friend! When you combine bitter broccoli with savory bacon and salty blue cheese and sweet red grapes, all tossed in a sweet and spicy Dijon vinaigrette, well, the planets pretty much align!
Broccoli Bacon Salad Ingredients
* See full recipe below
- broccoli florets
- red onion
- blue cheese (or gorgonzola)
- extra virgin olive oil
- apple cider vinegar
- maple syrup
- Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
How to make broccoli salad
* see full recipe below
Step 1. Whip up that gorgeous sweet and savory cider-Dijon vinaigrette (so easy!)
Step 2. Chop the produce (or buy pre-cut produce).
Step 3. Cover and refrigerate the dressing and salad ingredients separately until ready to serve.
Step 4. To serve, toss the salad in the creamy vinaigrette and devour!
Should I steam the broccoli for broccoli salad?
I prefer to keep the broccoli raw in this salad however you are welcome to steam it if you prefer. If you do, I recommend lightly steaming followed by an ice bath (also called blanching). I enjoy the crunch of raw broccoli in this salad and I feel like I’m achieving my veggie quota in the most delicious way.
How should I chop the broccoli for this salad?
The key to eating raw broccoli in a salad is to chop the broccoli pieces small enough so you can get other ingredients on the same fork. This way, you won’t find yourself endlessly chomping on a piece of broccoli, which would be kinda boring to the palate. This salad is all about balancing the flavors and textures.
How to make broccoli salad dressing
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Slowly drizzle in the extra virgin olive oil whisking rigorously to form an emulsion (it will become thicker).
- Cover and refrigerate salad dressing until ready to serve. It will get thicker and creamier as it gets colder.
More scrumptious easy salad recipes
- BLT Pasta Salad with Avocado and Ranch
- Macaroni Salad Recipe with Greek Yogurt Dressing
- Tortellini Pesto Pasta Salad
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad
What to serve with broccoli bacon salad
- Herb Roasted Turkey Breast
- Juicy Baked Chicken Thighs
- Broiled Salmon
- Baked Chicken Legs
- Garlic Butter Grilled Salmon
Broccoli Bacon Salad with Grapes and Blue Cheese
For the salad
- 4 cups Broccoli Florets about 3/4 lb. broccoli
- 1/2 cup Crumbled Bacon about 6 strips or 2 oz.
- 2 cups Red Grapes
- 1/4 Red Onion 1/4 cup diced
- 1/4 cup Blue Cheese Crumbles
- 1/4 cup Walnuts chopped
For the dressing (yield 1/2 cup)
- 3 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar or white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 tsp Dijon
- 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
For the salad
- In a mixing bowl, combine BROCCOLI, GRAPES, BACON, ONIONS, BLUE CHEESE, and WALNUTS; chill until ready to use. * see recipe footnote about broccoli
For the dressing
- Whisk together VINEGAR, MAPLE SYRUP, DIJON, SALT, and PEPPER; drizzle in OLIVE OIL and whisk rapidly to form creamy dressing; chill until ready to use.
- To serve, toss broccoli salad with vinaigrette. Serve chilled.