Instant Pot Shrimp Pasta is a light and lemony seafood pasta recipe that's ready in 30 minutes and satisfies your seafood cravings. Creamy shrimp pasta is the perfect special occasion recipe from our pressure cooker collection.
Instant Pot Shrimp Pasta Ingredients
- olive oil
- shallot (or onion)
- raw shrimp
- uncooked penne pasta
- salt and pepper
- heavy cream
- fresh dill (or dried)
- fresh lemon
- Parmesan cheese
Instant Pot Shrimp Pasta Recipe Steps
- Saute the shrimp and set aside.
- Pressure cook the pasta.
- Add lemon cream sauce ingredients and heat until warmed through.
- Add shrimp to the pasta, continue heating until warmed through, and serve.
Can I use frozen shrimp in the Instant Pot?
You can use the Instant Pot to thaw or cook frozen shrimp, but for this recipe, we're not actually pressure cooking it. We're briefly sauteing it just long enough to make it opaque. This prevents overcooking it and makes it juicy and delectable, which is how we want to enjoy shrimp pasta.
- chef knife and cutting board
- microplane zester (to zest lemon & finely grate garlic)
- 6 quart Instant Pot
- skimmer slotted spoon (to stir/remove shrimp from Instant Pot)
Grab these easy Instant Pot dinner recipes
- Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo
- Instant Pot Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
- Instant Pot Taco Pasta
- Instant Pot Tuna Casserole
- Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo
- Instant Pot Vegan Tuscan White Bean Kale Soup
- Lasagna Soup (Instant Pot or Stove)
- Italian Sausage Soup with Orzo
More seafood recipes
Instant Pot Shrimp Pasta in Lemon Cream Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- ½ bulb Shallot, sliced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- ⅓ pound Raw Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 ounces Penne Pasta, or preferred pasta
- 2 cups Water
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- ¼ teaspoon Sea Salt
- ⅛ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ⅓ cup Heavy Cream
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Dill, or 1 tsp dried Dill
- 1 Lemon, zested and juiced
- ⅓ cup Parmesan Cheese, shaved, shredded, or fresh grated
For the Shrimp
- Press the “Sauté” button and add OLIVE OIL to the pot. When the display reads "Hot", add SHALLOT and GARLIC. Sauté until tender (about 1 minute), stirring continuously.
- Add SHRIMP to the pot and sauté just until cooked through (2 or 3 minutes), stirring as needed. Press "Cancel" on the cooker, transfer shrimp to a covered bowl to keep warm, and set aside.
For the Pasta
- Add PASTA, WATER, BUTTER, SALT, and PEPPER to the Instant Pot. Push pasta under the liquid to submerge it.
- Secure lid, turn pressure valve to "Sealing", and select "Manual" or "Pressure Cook" on HIGH for 2 minutes for thicker pastas and only 1 minute for thinner pasta and most gluten free pastas *see pasta types below
- When cook cycle completes, allow a FULL 10-minute natural pressure release (NPR). Don't rush this...the pasta is still cooking.
- Once depressurized, flip pressure valve to "Venting" to release any remaining steam. Press "Cancel", open the lid, and give a quick stir. (No need to drain)
For the sauce
- To the cooked pasta, stir in HEAVY CREAM, DILL, LEMON JUICE, LEMON ZEST, and cooked SHRIMP. Press "Cancel" then press “saute” and heat sauce a few minutes until warmed through, stirring as needed.
- Add PARMESAN CHEESE and continue heating until sauce thickens, stirring as needed.
- Press “cancel” on the Instant Pot, transfer warm pasta to a serving dish, and enjoy.
Traci's Recipe Notes
Nutrition data provided as courtesy estimates using unbranded ingredients from a nutrition database. Please consult preferred resource for precise data.
Note: This recipe was inspired by my friend Jane's Gluten-Free Instant Pot Cookbook. I'm not gluten free, but I do love to my Instant Pot and have created plenty of naturally gluten free recipes. So, I was a big YES when my good friend and cookbook author Jane from The Heritage Cook invited me to feature her cookbook on my blog.
Co-authors Jane Bonacci and Sara De Leeuw turned up the heat to create this cookbook full of gluten-free recipes for any occasion. 100 recipes are nested in every category: breakfast, appetizers, stocks, soups and stews, grains and rice, pasta, mains, sides, and desserts. Check it out!!