Are you ready for a unique fall salad to add to your holiday menu? This one really shouldn’t wait until the holidays though…it’s that good! Autumn Quinoa Sweet Potato Arugula Salad delivers flavors and textures of the cool-weather season…and it’s crazy addictive!
Autumn Quinoa Sweet Potato Arugula Salad
As a kid, I loved candied sweet potatoes for the holidays…and my mom made ‘em juuuust right! But I’ve outgrown the sugar and texture of traditional sweet potato dishes.
But I still want to eat sweet potatoes during the cold months…by the truckload!
So, I’ve been growing my recipe collection and experimenting with sweet potato recipes…for holiday, and everyday.
Last weekend, this beautiful salad happened. Jackpot!
How I love this salad…let me count the ways:
- Fulfills sweet potato cravings, without all the sugar.
- There’s pomegranate, dude!
- Another excellent way to get your arugula fix.
- Takes less than 30 minutes to pull together.
- Because vegan and gluten free can sometimes taste like a rockin’ party!
- Those scrumptious fall colors!!!
It’s really the perfect holiday salad with the right amount of sweet and savory!
When you get a bite of this salad with morsels of each ingredient, you’ll get savory from the sweet potatoes and pumpkin seeds and slightly bitter flavors from the arugula and quinoa.
Then, it ALL comes together in perfect harmony with the sweetness pomegranate, sweet potatoes, and dried cherries.
Then there’s the texture…the crunchy, chewy, and creamy…all in one! This dish is mah jam, and could be yours too!
How far in advance can I make this for my holiday meal?
It’s really convenient, actually!
You prep each ingredient a few days in advance, store in the fridge, and toss all together just before your throw down goes down.
Ingredients you’ll need for Autumn Quinoa Sweet Potato Arugula Salad:
- sweet potato
- raw pumpkin seeds
- pomegranate seeds
- dried cherries
- Bragg apple cider vinegar
- olive oil
- maple syrup
- salt and pepper
Here are the tools I used to make this recipe:
- sauce pot or Instant Pot (for cooking quinoa)
- microwave (for cooking sweet potato)
- toaster oven (for toasting quinoa)
- chef knife and cutting board
- small bowl and whisk (for salad dressing)
- salad bowl (for serving)
Here’s a quick view of the easy steps to make this recipe:
- cook quinoa
- microwave (or bake) the potato; then dice it
- toast pumpkin seeds
- whisk together salad dressing ingredients
- toss all together and serve
Looking for more healthy, fall and winter holiday feast recipes?
Be sure to check out my No Cook Cranberry Pomegranate Relish…perfect served on top of warm, brie cheese.
You’ll love my Vegan Green Bean Casserole, in fact, you won’t believe it’s vegan!
For a true comfort food, grab my recipe for Half-Healthy Butternut Squash Baked Mac and Cheese.
Latest posts by Traci Antonovich (see all)
- Blueberry Crisp [Vegan Gluten Free] - 07/10/2018
- Icebox Chocolate Eclair Cake: Easy No Bake Dessert - 07/03/2018
- Blueberry Greek Yogurt Fruit Popsicles - 06/20/2018