This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Pesto Pasta Salad is a summer side dish made with tender pasta, pesto, tomatoes, and cucumbers. This popular side has all the summer vibes and requires minimal effort.
- pasta - any kind of pasta will work for this recipe
- extra virgin olive oil - used to keep pasta from sticking
- pesto - basil pesto or my Arugula Pesto will work perfectly
- sun dried or cherry tomatoes - or any tomatoes
What is the BEST pesto for pesto pasta salad?
You can use any pesto you like. I love my Arugula Pesto with this recipe, but I also love kale pesto and classic basil pesto. My general rule is, as long as the pesto is delicious, it's going to be awesome when mixed into a pasta salad.
How to make Pesto Pasta Salad
Step 1. Cook the pasta: Boil the macaroni noodles according to package instructions; rinse, drain, and set aside to cool.
Recipe tip: Drizzle a bit of extra virgin olive oil over cooled pasta and gently mix. This helps keep the pasta from drying out while it's waiting to be dressed.
Step 2. Chop ingredients: Chop tomatoes and cucumbers.
Step 3. Combine ingredients: Stir pesto into the cooled pasta until well-combined. Add tomatoes and cucumbers. Toss to combine.
Step 4. Store and serve: Cover and refrigerate up to 5 days; serve chilled.
More pasta salad recipes
Pesto Pasta Salad
- 8 ounces Uncooked Pasta Noodles
- ½ cup Basil Pesto store bought or homemade
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes halved
- ½ cup Cucumbers sliced
- Cook PASTA according to package instructions. Rinse, drain, and set aside to cool.
- Gently fold in PESTO to coat pasta noodles.
- Add TOMATOES and CUCUMBERS. Toss to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate up to 5 days. Serve chilled.
Click stars to vote. Please visit 'Comments' below for reviews.