This Strawberry Frozen Yogurt is a clean-eating frozen yogurt recipe made with strawberries, Greek yogurt, lemon juice, and honey in a food processor or blender. No refined sugar and nonfat yogurt make this a guiltless summer treat!
Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
Here is the quintessential summer frozen dessert. Guys, let me tell you…developing a recipe for Greek FroYo was on my list forever.
Why did it take me so long? Welp, I thought I needed an ice cream maker, so I kept saying “one of these days”…
Until I realized I don’t need an ice cream maker…and neither do you! Yay us!!!
How to make frozen yogurt without an ice cream maker?
1st: You need fresh or frozen fruit, some yogurt, a little sweetener, and lemon juice.
2nd: You need a food processor or blender. You can use a conventional blender or high-speed blender…your choice.
3rd: Combine the ingredients, blend until creamy, and freeze until the consistency is to your liking.
That’s pretty much it!
Can you freeze Greek yogurt?
Yes, you can freeze nonfat Greek yogurt too!
It’s a great way to extend the shelf-life of your yogurt. Believe me, I still forget to do this and sometimes find myself tossing half of a container full of product. Womp wommmp.
Does freezing it change the consistency?
I have noticed that once frozen and thawed, my Strawberry FroYo takes on a slightly grainy consistency, unlike refrigerated yogurt.
I’m 100% ok with this change because it’s so much healthier for my diet than traditional milkfat ice cream.
In fact, it’s like the healthiest frozen dessert of all time. Who doesn’t want that?!
I like this article “How to Freeze Natural Yogurt” on SF Gate’s Healthy Eating section. Great tips and considerations for freezing Greek yogurt.
Strawberry Frozen Yogurt Steps
Step 1. Toss strawberries, yogurt, honey, and lemon juice into a food processor (or blender).
Step 2. Pulse until creamy; remove the lid during the process and scrape down the container sides as needed.
Step 3. Transfer frozen yogurt to a freezer-safe container and chill overnight, or serve immediately. It’s hard to not eat this right when you make it. It’s like soft serve strawberry heaven.
* See full recipe below
Strawberry Frozen Yogurt Ingredients
- frozen or fresh strawberries
- nonfat Greek yogurt
- honey (or sweetener of choice)
- lemon juice (fresh or bottled)
Kitchen tools I use for this recipe:
- 7 cup food processor (fitted with the chopping/mixing dough blade)
- silicone spatula
- stainless steel storage container
- Ice cream scoop
Need more fruit-inspired recipes to chill out this summer?
Put those summer peaches to work with this Peaches and Cream Smoothie recipe.
These Blueberry Greek Yogurt Fruit Popsicles are popsicles made for kids AND adults!
This Strawberry Spring Mix Salad recipe is a slam dunk for any party.
Or, check out my Grilled Peaches Caprese with Balsamic Glaze to put your grill to work with those seasonal, summer peaches.
Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
- 4 cups Strawberries frozen or fresh
- 1/2 cup Nonfat Greek Yogurt full-fat yogurt is fine too
- 2 Tbsp Honey or maple syrup
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- Place STRAWBERRIES in a food processor with dough/chopping blade attachment; pulse until strawberries turn into crumbles.
- Add YOGURT, HONEY, and LEMON JUICE; pulse until ingredients are well-combined and creamy.
- Enjoy immediately or pour into a freezer-safe container and store 2-8 hours until desired consistency is reached.
- Once frozen, if you like a soft-serve yogurt, remove from freezer and place in refrigerator a few hours before serving to allow it to soften. Otherwise, enjoy the frozen yogurt right out of the freezer.
I originally published this Strawberry Frozen Yogurt recipe on amandascookin.com in JUN 2017.