Easy, refreshing Strawberry frozen yogurt recipe made with strawberries, Greek yogurt, lemon juice, and honey in a food processor or blender. No refined sugar makes this guiltless frozen yogurt a big YES all summer long!
Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
Here is the quintessential summer frozen dessert. If you think you need an ice cream maker to make frozen yogurt, think again! You only need a few simple ingredients and a food processor or blender. You can use a conventional blender or high-speed blender. Simple combine the ingredients, blend until creamy, and freeze until the consistency is to your liking.
Strawberry Frozen Yogurt Recipe Ingredients
- frozen or fresh strawberries
- Greek yogurt
- honey (or sweetener of choice)
- lemon juice (fresh or bottled)
The difference between frozen yogurt and ice cream
Ice cream uses cream as a primary ingredient before sugar and flavorings are added. Frozen yogurt uses cultured milk as the primary ingredient.
If you're looking for a scrumptious ice cream recipe, check out my super rich and creamy Triple Berry No Churn Ice Cream recipe. You don't even need an ice cream maker for it...bonus!!
Can you freeze yogurt?
Yes, you can freeze nonfat Greek yogurt too! It's a great way to extend the shelf-life of your yogurt. Believe me, I still forget to do this and sometimes find myself tossing half of a container full of product. Womp wommmp.
Does it change the consistency to freeze yogurt?
I have noticed that once frozen and thawed, the yogurt takes on a slightly grainy consistency, unlike yogurt that hasn't been frozen.
I'm 100% ok with this change because it's so much healthier for my diet than traditional milkfat ice cream. In fact, it's like the healthiest frozen dessert of all time. Who doesn’t want that?!
I like this article "How to Freeze Natural Yogurt" on SF Gate's Healthy Eating section. Great tips and considerations for freezing Greek yogurt.
How to make frozen yogurt
Step 1. Toss strawberries, yogurt, honey, and lemon juice into a food processor (or blender).
Step 2. Pulse until creamy; remove the lid during the process and scrape down the container sides as needed.
Step 3. Transfer frozen yogurt to a freezer-safe container and chill overnight, or serve immediately. It's hard to not eat this right when you make it. It's like soft serve strawberry heaven.
* See full recipe below
- 7 cup food processor (fitted with the chopping/mixing dough blade)
- silicone spatula
- stainless steel storage container
- Ice cream scoop
More summer fruit recipes
- Triple Berry No Churn Ice Cream
- Blueberry Crisp
- Peaches and Cream Smoothie
- Blueberry Zucchini Bread
- Blueberry Greek Yogurt Fruit Popsicles
- Strawberry Spring Mix Salad
- Grilled Peaches Caprese with Balsamic Glaze
Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
- 4 cups Strawberries, frozen or fresh
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tbsp Honey, or maple syrup
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- Place STRAWBERRIES in a food processor with dough/chopping blade attachment; pulse until strawberries turn into crumbles.
- Add YOGURT, HONEY, and LEMON JUICE; pulse until ingredients are well-combined and creamy.
- Enjoy immediately or pour into a freezer-safe container and store 2-8 hours until desired consistency is reached.
- Once frozen, if you like a soft-serve yogurt, remove from freezer and place in refrigerator a few hours before serving to allow it to soften. Otherwise, enjoy the frozen yogurt right out of the freezer.
Nutrition data provided as courtesy estimates using unbranded ingredients from a nutrition database. Please consult preferred resource for precise data.
I originally published this Strawberry Frozen Yogurt recipe on amandascookin.com in JUN 2017.