Strawberry Salad with Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette is a spring mix salad with fresh strawberries, juicy, red grapes, dried cranberries, candied walnuts, and feta cheese in a citrus dressing. It’s a nutritious, thirst-quenching salad with ALL 5 flavors…sweet, salt, bitter, sour, and savory (umami). Your taste buds will literally dance when you eat this beauty!
Strawberry Salad with Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette
This salad is loaded with flavor, yet it’s minimal and super simple to make.
Fresh, juicy, ripe, strawberries are, of course, a major player in this salad, but they’re not the only rock stars.
Red, juicy grapes and candied walnuts combined with the dried cranberries and feta cheese offer amazing textures and flavors that literally melt in your mouth.
You can buy candied walnuts at specialty markets, but if you want to save a little money and make them, it’s simple!
How do you make candied walnuts?
1. Place 1/2 cup WALNUTS and 1 Tbsp SUGAR (white or brown) in a small skillet over medium heat.
2. Stir continuously until the sugar turns into a sticky liquid and coats the walnuts (about 5 minutes).
3. Remove walnuts from skillet and set on a baking sheet to cool.
If you don’t want candied walnuts, you can simply use plain walnuts for this recipe.
Don’t want to make candied walnuts? Grab them here!
When are strawberries in season?
The peak season for strawberries is between April and June.
You can buy strawberries any season of the year in most grocery stores.
When you buy them in season, you’re likely to find better prices and most certainly more juicy, colorful, and flavorful!
If you need a strawberry dessert for spring and summer, check out my No Churn Strawberry Greek Frozen Yogurt.
Strawberry Salad Ingredients
- spring mix
- red grapes
- candied walnuts
- dried cranberries
- feta cheese
- extra virgin olive oil
- lemon juice
- honey or agave nectar
- Dijon mustard
- kosher salt
Tools I use for this recipe:
- chef knife
- cutting board
- salad dressing jar
- mixing bowl
- stainless colander (to rinse fruit)
- salad hands or tongs
Want more healthy salads? Check these out!
Strawberry Spring Mix Salad with Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette
For the Salad:
- 6 cups Spring Mix
- 1 cup Strawberries sliced
- 1 cup Red Grapes halved
- 1/2 cup Candied Walnuts chopped
- 2 Tbsp Dried Cranberries finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Feta Cheese crumbled
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Honey or Agave Nectar
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- Pinch Kosher Salt
- In a large, salad bowl, combine SPRING MIX, STRAWBERRIES, GRAPES, CANDIED WALNUTS, CRANBERRIES, and FETA CHEESE.
- In another bowl or jar, combine OLIVE OIL, LEMON JUICE, HONEY, DIJON, and SALT; whisk or shake until thoroughly combined; chill until ready to toss with salad just before serving.