Strawberry Spring Salad with Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette is made with fresh strawberries and juicy, red grapes, tossed in spring mix with dried cranberries, candied walnuts, and feta cheese in a citrus dressing. It’s a nutritious, thirst quencher, just like my Broccoli Bacon Grape Blue Cheese Salad.
Strawberry Spring Salad with Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette
This salad is loaded with flavor, yet it’s minimal and super simple to make.
Fresh, juicy, ripe, strawberries are, of course, a major player in this salad, but they’re not the only rock stars.
Red, juicy grapes and candied walnuts combined with the dried cranberries and feta cheese offer amazing textures and flavors that literally melt in your mouth.
You can buy candied walnuts at specialty markets, but if you want to save a little money and make them, it’s as simple as this:
How do you make candied walnuts:
- 1/2 cup Walnuts
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar (or White Sugar)
- Place WALNUTS and SUGAR in a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Stir continuously until the sugar turns into a sticky liquid and coats the walnuts (under 5 minutes).
- Remove walnuts and set on a baking sheet to cool.
Of course you don’t have to make candied walnuts for this recipe.
You could easily use plain walnuts (one of my favorite ingredients of all time).
Or, you could buy the candied version on Amazon.
Check out these Trader Joe’s Candied Walnuts…didn’t even know TJ’s carried a candied walnut.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need for Strawberry Spring Salad:
- spring mix
- red grapes
- candied walnuts
- dried cranberries
- feta cheese
- extra virgin olive oil
- lemon juice
- honey or agave nectar
- Kosher salt
Here are the tools I use to make this recipe:
- chef knife
- cutting board
- salad dressing jar
- mixing bowl
- stainless colander (to rinse fruit)
- salad hands or tongs
Want more healthy salads? Check these out!
Strawberry Spring Mix Salad with Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette
For the Salad:
- 6 cups Spring Mix
- 1 cup Strawberries sliced
- 1 cup Red Grapes halved
- 1/2 cup Candied Walnuts chopped
- 2 Tbsp Dried Cranberries finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Feta Cheese crumbled
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Honey or Agave Nectar
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- Pinch Kosher Salt
- In a large, salad bowl, combine SPRING MIX, STRAWBERRIES, GRAPES, CANDIED WALNUTS, CRANBERRIES, and FETA CHEESE.
- In another bowl or jar, combine OLIVE OIL, LEMON JUICE, HONEY, DIJON, and SALT; whisk or shake until thoroughly combined; chill until ready to toss with salad just before serving.