Strawberry Spring Salad with Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette is made with fresh strawberries and juicy, red grapes, tossed in spring mix with dried cranberries, candied walnuts, and feta cheese in a citrus dressing. It’s a nutritious, thirst quencher, just like my Broccoli Bacon Grape Blue Cheese Salad.
Strawberry Spring Salad with Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette
This salad is loaded with flavor, yet it’s minimal and super simple to make.
Fresh, juicy, ripe, strawberries are, of course, a major player in this salad, but they’re not the only rock stars.
Red, juicy grapes and candied walnuts combined with the dried cranberries and feta cheese offer amazing textures and flavors that literally melt in your mouth.
You can buy candied walnuts at specialty markets, but if you want to save a little money and make them, it’s as simple as this:
How do you make candied walnuts:
- 1/2 cup Walnuts
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar (or White Sugar)
- Place WALNUTS and SUGAR in a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Stir continuously until the sugar turns into a sticky liquid and coats the walnuts (under 5 minutes).
- Remove walnuts and set on a baking sheet to cool.
Of course you don’t have to make candied walnuts for this recipe.
You could easily use plain walnuts (one of my favorite ingredients of all time).
Or, you could buy the candied version on Amazon.
Check out these Trader Joe’s Candied Walnuts…didn’t even know TJ’s carried a candied walnut.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need for Strawberry Spring Salad:
- spring mix
- red grapes
- candied walnuts
- dried cranberries
- feta cheese
- extra virgin olive oil
- lemon juice
- honey or agave nectar
- Kosher salt
Here are the tools I use to make this recipe:
- chef knife
- cutting board
- salad dressing jar
- mixing bowl
- stainless colander (to rinse fruit)
- salad hands or tongs
Check out my other popular salad recipes here on the blog!
This Asian Quinoa Slaw Salad with Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette is always getting shared all over Pinterest.
Even more popular is my Lemony Kale Chickpea Avocado Salad – it’s the perfect, chilled, vegan salad on a hot summer day.
Also, this Eat The Rainbow Kale Beet Power Salad has grapes, beets and pomegranate…to name a few rainbow items.
* Note: This post has affiliate links and I get a small commission for your purchases…at no cost to you. Thanks for supporting The Kitchen Girl! Feel free to send me product questions…I’m happy to answer.