How to make no churn ice cream with 3 berries + 3 ingredients and no ice cream maker. This Triple Berry ice cream recipe is ultra smooth and creamy, super delicious, and totally easy to make with the kids!
No Churn Ice Cream with 3 berries
Anyone can make homemade ice cream without an ice cream maker using this scrumptious summer berry ice cream recipe. You need a hand mixer or stand mixer and a food processor. Simply blend the berries, whip the cream, fold them two together, pour into a pan, and freeze. It’s that easy to make ice cream at home. The hardest part is waiting for it to freeze
Triple berry no churn ice cream ingredients
- heavy whipping cream
- sweetened condensed milk
- vanilla extract
How is ice cream made without an ice cream maker?
Step 1: Add blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries to a food processor or blender. Pulse until the berries are a smooth texture. Place in the refrigerator until ready to use. Note: If you want chunks of fruit in the ice cream, leave some fruit out of the food processor and fold it into the ice cream later.
Step 2: Use a hand mixer or stand mixer to whip heavy whipping cream on high speed until it forms stiff peaks. Add sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract to the whipped cream and fold together with a spatula.
Step 3: Gently fold the blended fruit into the whipped cream mixture, leaving some streaks of the cream and fruit puree.
Step 4: Pour ice cream mixture into a chilled loaf pan and freeze for a minimum of 6 hours. Then grab an ice cream scoop and dish up your new favorite triple berry ice cream. So much YUMMMM!
* Get the full recipe below
Can I use fresh OR frozen berries for no churn ice cream?
Yes! You are most welcome to use frozen berries in place of fresh berries. You'll be glad to know that frozen fruit is picked and packaged at the peak of the season, so you're not compromising freshness by using frozen fruit.
If you do use frozen berries, just toss right into the blender or food processor and blend until they are pureed. No need to thaw them first. As you puree the fruit, it will thaw naturally which is totally fine. When it's done blending, just fold into the ice cream batter as you would with fresh berries.
How to store no churn ice cream
- Use a freezer-safe container. Metal or aluminum bakeware is very common because it's lightweight and durable.
- Deep containers are best as it makes ice cream easier to scoop into full, round scoops
- Avoid storing ice cream in the freezer door as it can fluctuate the temperature of the ice cream. Instead, store at the back of the freezer.
- Tightly cover the ice cream with plastic wrap to help prevent ice crystals from forming. If your container has a lid, you can plastic wrap first, then place the lid over the plastic wrap if it allows it.
How long does ice cream last?
If you follow recipe recommendations, you can store no churn ice cream for up to a month in the freezer. After that, ice cream can start to get freezer burn and/or pick up freezer odors. Lastly, if your ice cream is still in the freezer after one month, you might want to try a different ice cream
More berry dessert recipes
- Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
- Blueberry Crisp
- Peach Smoothie
- Blueberry Zucchini Bread
- Blueberry Yogurt Popsicles
This is the perfect ice cream recipe to whip up for summer cookouts, chilled poolside snack, or weeknight dessert. Trust me, you’ll never need to buy store-bought ice cream again once you learn how to make ice cream at home.
- 7 cup food processor
- hand mixer with beaters or stand mixer with whisk attachment
- 3 quart stainless mixing bowl
- loaf pan
Triple Berry No Churn Ice Cream
- 1 cup Strawberries
- 1 cup Blueberries
- 1 cup Raspberries
- 2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 14 oz can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Place loaf pan in the freezer to chill.
- In a food processor or blender, pulse STRAWBERRIES, BLUEBERRIES, and RASPBERRIES until smooth-ish and set aside. Note: If you want chunks of fruit in the ice cream, hold some back before blending and chop into smaller pieces.
- Whip HEAVY WHIPPING CREAM using a hand mixer (with beaters) or stand mixer (with whisk attachment) until soft peaks form.
- Add SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK and VANILLA to the whipped cream and blend just until combined.
- Gently fold fruit mixture into the whipped cream, leaving streaks of cream and fruit.
- Pour into chilled loaf pan and freeze overnight.
- Freeze up to one month in tightly covered loaf pan.
Nutrition data provided as courtesy estimates using unbranded ingredients from a nutrition database. Please consult preferred resource for precise data.