Citrus Galore Winter Salad is loaded with oranges and grapefruit, sprinkled with fennel, apple, arugula, pomegranate, walnuts, and beets. It's dressed in a tangy, champagne vinaigrette, and satisfies the deepest cravings during the winter season.
If your body craves hydration during winter months, and you love citrus, this winter salad is your recipe! One of the greatest things about winter is that it's the season for oranges, grapefruit, lemons, limes, kiwi, and the list goes on! When you combine fresh, juicy citrus with a bunch of salad ingredients and toss everything in champagne vinaigrette ... it's sublime.
Citrus galore winter salad ingredients
- grapefruit - pink or white
- oranges - I used blood orange and navel orange
- fresh fennel
- apple - any variety
- beet - spiralized raw beet
- arugula - or kale
- walnuts - or preferred tree nut
- champagne vinegar
- extra virgin olive oil
- Dijon mustard
- liquid sweetener
- salt and pepper
What makes this salad so devour-able is that it has ALL the flavors of sweet, sour, bitter, salty, and savory.
Other ways to use winter citrus
My Fruit Granola Yogurt Breakfast Bowl is a hit with anyone who eats it! Blood oranges in a yogurt bowl...ya!!!
If you want a meal in a bowl, my Turmeric Chickpea Buddha Bowl Recipe is the perfect lunch to keep you going all day until dinner!
- OXO Spiralizer (for the beets)
- chef knife
- cutting board
- lidded jar (for vinaigrette)
- air-tight storage containers
Citrus Galore Winter Salad
For the salad:
- 1 Grapefruit, peeled, sliced
- 2 Blood Oranges, peeled, sliced
- 1 Navel Orange, peeled, sliced
- ½ cup Fresh Fennel, sliced
- 1 Apple, sliced
- ¼ cup Pomegranate Seeds
- ¼ cup Beets, spiralized or shredded
- ½ cup Arugula
- ¼ cup Walnuts
For the champagne vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons Champagne Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Agave Nectar, or sweetener of choice
- pinch Salt and Pepper
- Arrange GRAPEFRUIT, ORANGES, FENNEL, APPLE, POMEGRANATE, BEETS, ARUGULA, and WALNUTS on a chilled plate; cover and refrigerate up to 1 day before serving.
- Combine CHAMPAGNE VINEGAR, OLIVE OIL, DIJON, AGAVE NECTAR, SALT, and PEPPER in a lidded jar, shake to combine.
- Drizzle champagne vinaigrette over salad just before serving.
- You can assemble produce and champagne vinaigrette (stored separately) up to 1 day in advance of serving; dress just before serving.
Nutrition data provided as courtesy estimates using unbranded ingredients from a nutrition database. Please consult preferred resource for precise data.