How do you convert a can of chickpeas into a killa, nutritious salad? You make my Lemony Kale Chickpea Avocado Salad. This popular recipe is where nutrition, flavor, and texture all meet up, dance on your taste buds, and remind you that eating healthy doesn’t suck! Pretty much like my Asian Quinoa Slaw Salad. Trust me, you want both in your collection!
Lemony Kale Chickpea Avocado Salad
Oh, how I love this salad…let me count the ways:
- Gluten-free, vegetarian, dairy-free, and no added sugars
- 15-minutes…couldn’t be easier to assemble
- Uses common ingredients found in most grocery stores…and pantries
- NO cooking required
- Loaded with nutritious ingredients
- Zingy flavors…combined with soft and crunchy textures. Boom!
- Holds up well in the fridge for a few days, but doesn’t last that long around me.
This recipe is crazy-easy and can literally be thrown together just before serving, or a day in advance.
It’s a great side dish during dinner, or packs nicely into your weekday lunch.
Here’s how easy it is to make this kale salad:
- whisk together dressing ingredients in a bowl
- pour over kale and massage kale thoroughly with the dressing (DO NOT skip this step or you’ll have dry kale, which kinda sucks)
- fold in chickpeas and avocado…and devour
Here are the ingredients you need for this salad:
- lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- kale (Dino or curly)
- can of garbanzo beans
- ripe avocado
Here are the tools you’ll find helpful for this recipe:
Please drop me a line in the comments below telling me that you’re getting this lemony salad all up in your belly.
As always, I just want you to see for yourself how easy and delicious “healthy” can be.
Wanna know three other ways to convert 1 can of chickpeas into nutritious, vegan meals?:
- In-A-Hurry Kale Chickpea Soup is a 15-minute, vegan, gluten free, soup that’s budget friendly and loaded with nutrition.
- Chickpea Smash: Eggless Egg Salad is a 5-minute solution to a vegan sandwich craving!
- Vegan Thai Coconut Vegetable Curry – is a 30-minute pot of comfort food, loaded with fresh vegetables simmered in a curry and coconut milk sauce.
* Note: This post has affiliate links, which means I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support and please let me know if you have product questions!
Latest posts by Traci Antonovich (see all)
- Sheet Pan Baked Eggs Brussels Sprouts and Broccoli - 04/12/2018
- Mexican Black Bean Corn Avocado Salsa - 04/11/2018
- Super Simple Smashed Potatoes - 03/30/2018