Asian Quinoa Slaw Salad with Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette is an easy Asian slaw with green and red cabbage, quinoa, carrots, onion, cilantro, cashews, and sesame seeds. It’s tossed in a super-easy, homemade rice vinegar and sesame oil vinaigrette.
Asian Quinoa Slaw Salad with Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette
I’m cutting right to the chase today. I want you to know the advantages of meal prepping this salad for your lunch this week:
- YOU control your ingredients (variety, quantity, freshness, organic, less salt and sugar).
- Cross-utilize produce ingredients with other meals.
- Cut costs by not using packaged salad kits.
- Invest a little time, get a giant bowl of healthy salad in return.
- Option to purchase pre-shredded vegetables (slightly more expensive, but worth the time).
- Add cooked chicken breast or pork and it suddenly becomes a whole new level of lunch. My dude goes crazy for this salad with rotisserie chicken breast added to it.
You can make this recipe up to two days in advance, just keep the dressing separate until ready to use.
Here’s how I make this Asian Quinoa Slaw Salad in simple steps:
- cook the quinoa in 15 minutes and cool. Meanwhile…
- chop veggies
- toast the nuts
- put everything into a big bowl; cover and chill
- make the dressing; cover and chill
- toss together when ready
Want to slice or shred veggies at top speed?
Invest in a food processor (here’s the one I own and LOVE).
Trust me, if you like veggies and don’t want to pay top dollar for pre-cut veggies, the food processor is a brilliant solution.
You’ll get years of return from it! If you have ANY questions about it, please let me know…I’m happy to answer!
Other tools you’ll find useful for this recipe:
- chef knife
- cutting board
- salad spinner (to wash leafy produce)
- Mandolin slicer (if no food processor)
- 2 quart saucepan with lid (for quinoa)
- 8oz narrow mouth canning jar (as a dressing shaker)
- Bamboo Salad Bowl and Salad Hands Set
Can I make this during winter?
Winter-schminter…we can still eat the rainbow!
Produce such as cabbage, carrots, onions, and cilantro will deliver decent flavor and texture..even during the dark months.
If you love the quinoa salad idea, check out my Meal Prep Veggie Quinoa Chopped Salad for another delicious way to meet your quinoa quota!
If you love that sexy bamboo bowl I’m sporting here, it’s available here to view or purchase. I loooove mine!
Just an FYI, if you purchase anything through my site, I do receive a tiny commission at no cost to you.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make this salad:
- shredded cabbage
- cooked quinoa
- sesame seeds
- green onions
…and for the dressing:
- rice vinegar
- agave nectar (or honey)
- salt and pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- sesame oil
Check out this very popular recipe video!
Vegan Thai Coconut Vegetable Curry – get the recipe HERE
Check out my other healthy, Asian-inspired eats:
My Chopped Thai Salad with Chili Ginger Vinaigrette is a salad “meal” great for lunch or dinner!
I also have a very popular recipe for Sesame Kale Noodles…comes together in about 20 minutes.
And if you’re under the weather at all, or just want a super-quick, cheater Pho-style soup, check out my Feel Better Pho.
It’s actually made with my Crazy Easy Asian Soup Broth recipe.
VIDEO: Asian Quinoa Slaw Salad with Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette