Salted Chocolate Covered Nuts are toasted mixed nuts drizzled with dark chocolate and a sprinkle of salt. Sweet and salty chocolate with nuts make great snacks, party favors, and edible gifts for holidays and special events.
This is the ultimate DIY edible gift for holidays and special events. They taste decadent and like they were made in a candy store! Actually, it's not even the worst way satisfy sweet tooth cravings considering the great things we hear about nuts and chocolate. Once you make these chocolate covered nuts, you'll literally crave the sweet and salty flavors, especially if you use truffle salt...more on that in a minute.
Chocolate with nuts ... nuts with chocolate
In the nut-cluster world, there are tons of recipes out there for chocolatey clusters where the nuts are invisible. But, for years, I’ve been doing it the other way around…and I’m sharing it with you! Nothing against smothery-clusters, but when I have a sweet craving, I want a healthy snack with a touch of decadence. This one's a jackpot!
Chocolate covered nuts ingredients
* get full printable recipe below
- unsalted mixed nuts
- semisweet chocolate chips
- coconut oil
- gourmet salt (like truffle Salt or pink Himalayan salt)
How to make chocolate covered nuts
* get full printable recipe below
- Chop and toast the mixed nuts (I use a toaster oven, or large oven, or heat them in a skillet on low heat on the stove, stirring frequently). I like to buy raw, unsalted nuts so I can control the salt, as well as skip any added oils by toasting them myself, without oil.
- Melt the chocolate via the microwave mixed with a little coconut oil in a heat-safe measuring cup).
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the mixed nuts
- Sprinkle salt over the nuts while the chocolate is still warm (so it will stick!)
- Refrigerate (or freeze) the baking sheet of chocolatey nuts until the chocolate sets up (hardens).
- Remove the baking sheet and break into nut clusters with your hands.
How to serve chocolate covered nuts
- party snacks
- edible gifts
- stocking stuffers
- game-day grub
- lunch box snacks
- outdoor eats
- movie night snacks
What's the best salt for chocolate with nuts?
I recommend truffle Salt for this recipe. It's the bacon of the seasoning world with HUGE flavor and aroma. It's more expensive than regular salt, but a little goes a long way.
Btw, truffles are a fungus, so know your allergies, and eat responsibly. I’ve never known anyone to be allergic, but it can happen.
More chocolate recipes
- No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- White Chocolate Peppermint Bark Pretzels
- Chocolate Energy Bars (No Bake)
- Orange Olive Oil Cake with Dark Chocolate Ganache
- No-Bake Chocolate Eclair Cake
- Chocolate No-Bake Energy Bites
Salted Chocolate Covered Nuts
- 2 cups Unsalted Mixed Nuts loosely chopped
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/8 tsp Salt truffle salt or pink Himalayan salt
- Place NUTS on a baking sheet under low-flame oven-broiler for two-minute intervals until lightly toasted; transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment to cool; set aside.
- Place CHOCOLATE CHIPS and COCONUT OIL in heat-safe bowl; microwave in 1 minute intervals until thoroughly melted, stirring on each interval.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over mixed nuts. Then, sprinkle SALT over the surface of nuts and chocolate.
- Place in refrigerator for 15 minutes to set the chocolate; remove; break into clusters.
- Chocolate covered nuts can be stored at room temperature or refrigerated…but they won’t last long because they're delicious!