I want you to know How to Make Arugula Pesto in 3 Steps. It’s something you can do any season of the year, but of course, when arugula and summer are in full swing, you’re gonna need to do something with it. Best part is, with this pesto, you can do many things with it! I think it’s more versatile than basil pesto…of that’s possible.
How to Make Arugula Pesto In 3 Steps
Arugula is magical. It’s so delicious, incredibly versatile and easy to maintain. It provides Vitamins C & K, B-complex, Folic Acid and minerals such as Copper and Iron, some of which are natural antioxidants.
And here’s a bonus…100 grams (about 1 cup) = 25 calories
I LOVE to use fresh arugula…
- As a salad green
- As a sandwich ingredient
- As a superstar ingredient for my Arugula Pesto recipe
Here’s how I like to use my Arugula Pesto…or any pesto:
- Spread/dip (my absolute fav with rice crackers!)
- Sandwich condiment
- Omelette/egg ingredient
- Pizza topping
- Pasta sauce (for Spaghetti Squash)
Oh, and no need to wait for basil season to explode. You can make this pesto year-round. I like Trader Joe’s Organic Baby Arugula because it’s always affordable, reliable, and available. But, if you don’t have a TJ’s near you, it’s usually available in any market’s produce section.
What are the 3 steps to making my arugula pesto?
- Throw everything into a food processor
- Pulse it to combine
- Add a little water (if needed to adjust consistency)
That’s it! But you can check out the full recipe below. Then come and say hi to me in the comments below 🙂
Cheers to homemade condiments…and always, to your health!
Latest posts by Traci (see all)
- Strawberry Spring Salad with Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette - 06/25/2017
- Grammie’s Tomato Bread - 06/15/2017
- Creamy Pesto Tortellini Tomato Salad - 06/07/2017