This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This jalapeno popper dip recipe is an easy, cheesy, baked appetizer with cream cheese, cheddar cheese, bacon, and jalapenos served with tortilla chips.
Why you'll love this recipe
If you love jalapeno poppers but you don’t love the work of making them, this cream cheese jalapeno popper dip will satisfy the deepest popper cravings with minimal effort on your part.
This dip is so popular because it's the hassle-free version of jalapeno poppers that tastes just as delicious. There's something so magical that happens when you bake cream cheese, diced jalapenos, bacon, and cheddar cheese. It's a mouthwatering combination.
Best part is, it's as easy as combining ingredients, spreading them in a dish, and baking! Just wait, baked popper dip will become your go-to appetizer for game day or any event where there's food – and it's guaranteed to disappear!
Ingredient amounts are listed in the printable recipe card below.
- cream cheese - or Neufchatel will work great!
- sour cream - or full fat Greek yogurt as a substitute
- mayonnaise - this should be called a secret ingredient for the delicious flavor and silky texture it adds to this recipe.
- garlic powder - or freshly minced garlic cloves will be delicious
- Mexican cheese blend - or substitute shredded cheddar and shredded Monterey Jack
- chopped jalapenos - use fresh or canned
- crumbled bacon - we use the store-bought bacon for convenience but you can fry your own and crumble it.
- green onions - these add color, flavor, and texture. Of course, they're optional.
How to make jalapeno popper dip
Step 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and coat an 8-inch iron skillet or any baking dish with cooking spray. Combine CREAM CHEESE, SOUR CREAM, MAYONNAISE, and GARLIC POWDER with a hand-mixer or stirring utensil.
Step 2. Fold in SHREDDED CHEESE, JALAPENOS, BACON, and GREEN ONIONS, reserving a pinch of each for garnish. Spread the jalapeno popper dip mixture into prepared baking dish and garnish.
Step 3. Bake 25 minutes (uncovered) until bubbly and golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool a few minutes. Serve baked jalapeno popper dip warm with crackers, tortilla chips, bread, or vegetable sticks.
To store, allow to cool and refrigerate in an airtight container up to five days or 30 days in the freezer. When reheating, add a splash of milk or half and half.
Fresh vs pickled jalapenos
I always prefer the flavor and color of fresh jalapeños in popper dip but pickled jalapenos are always welcome. They're both really convenient and extremely flavorful, so use whichever you prefer.
Can I make this dip ahead?
Yes! You can assemble jalapeno popper dip and bake when you need it. To do this, simply combine the ingredients and store it in an airtight container. To serve, preheat the oven and transfer dip to your preferred baking dish. Follow baking instructions on the recipe card below.
How to serve jalapeno dip
The sky is the limit! You can serve this dip with potato chips, tortilla chips, crackers, or raw vegetables.
Can I freeze this recipe?
Yes! Allow jalapeno popper dip to cool completely and store it in a freezer-safe container for up to 90 days, or longer if vacuum sealed. To thaw, transfer it to the refrigerator for an overnight stay. After that, it's ready to heat and serve.
More appetizers we love
- BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders
- Seven Layer Dip
- Hot Crab Dip
- Totchos Tater Tot Nachos
- Instant Pot Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 5-Minute Homemade Salsa
- Crockpot Spinach Artichoke Dip
The BEST Jalapeno Popper Dip
- 1 (8-ounce package) Cream Cheese softened
- ½ cup Sour Cream or Greek Yogurt
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 16 ounces Shredded Mexican Cheese Blend 4 cups
- 4 Fresh Jalapeños seeded and diced (or ¼ cup canned)
- ⅓ cup Crumbled Bacon about 6 slices finely chopped
- 2 Green Onions sliced
- electric hand mixer or stirring utensil
- 8-inch iron skillet or 8" baking dish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and coat an 8-inch oven-safe skillet or baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine CREAM CHEESE, SOUR CREAM, MAYONNAISE, and GARLIC POWDER.
- Fold in SHREDDED CHEESE, JALAPENOS, BACON, and GREEN ONIONS, reserving a pinch of each for garnish.
- Spread into a baking dish and garnish.
- Bake 25 minutes (uncovered) until bubbly and golden brown.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool a few minutes.
- Serve warm with crackers, tortilla chips, bread, or vegetable sticks.
- To store, allow to cool and refrigerate in an airtight container up to five days.
Click stars to vote. Please visit 'Comments' below for reviews.