This Pesto Chicken Gnocchi Soup is made with rotisserie chicken, pesto, gnocchi, fresh spinach, and chicken broth. It relies on prepared ingredients and requires minimal cooking skills. Add this soup to your collection of rotisserie chicken recipes for easy weeknight dinners!
Pesto Chicken Gnocchi Soup in 15 Minutes
I’m sure you’ve heard of Olive Garden’s Chicken Gnocchi Soup.
This is a similar concept, only without the half and half or heavy cream.
In fact, this gnocchi soup only has 5 ingredients…gnocchi, rotisserie chicken, pesto, spinach, and chicken broth.
Here at TKG HQ, we almost always have those ingredients on hand.
When it comes to packaged gnocchi, I love to keep it on hand for these last-minute meals.
I really want to check out DeLallo Whole Wheat Potato Gnocchi but for today’s recipe, I used regular potato gnocchi because it’s so widely available.
A healthy twist on Olive Garden’s Gnocchi Soup
Olive Garden’s Chicken Gnocchi Soup calls for half and half, or heavy cream, as the soup base.
Nothing wrong with that, but instead of using heavy cream, I make it with a chicken broth base (or vegetable broth) and add a little pesto for flavor and color.
Here’s how I get this gnocchi soup on the table in 15 minutes:
Step 1. Add dry gnocchi and chicken stock to a soup pot.
Step 2. Bring to a boil.
Step 3. Add shredded chicken, pesto, and spinach; continue boiling.
Step 4. Continue boiling until ingredients are warmed through, and serve!
How to use rotisserie chicken:
When we buy fresh-cooked, rotisserie chicken from the store, we don’t just bring it home and devour it in one meal.
Instead, we remove all the meat (it’s easier while it’s still warm), eat a couple bites, and turn it into meals, preferably with other healthy ingredients surrounding it.
This way, we maximize our dollars and find ourselves with a delicious protein we can spread across a few meals.
More rotisserie chicken recipes!
Rotisserie Chicken Teriyaki Lettuce Cups are an easy, light way to eat chicken and quinoa.
One Pot Chicken and Broccoli Rice can be made with little planning and prep.
Chicken Teriyaki Fried Brown Rice combines rice, chicken, and store-bought Teriyaki sauce.
Chicken Gnocchi Soup Ingredients
- packaged gnocchi
- reduced-sodium chicken broth
- cooked chicken breast
- pesto (packaged or homemade)
- fresh spinach (could use frozen too!)
Kitchen tools I use for this recipe
- 3.5 quart stainless sauce pot
- soup ladle
Want more quick weeknight dinners?
My In-A-Hurry Kale Chickpea Soup can be on the table in 15 minutes.
One Pot Ham and Peas Alfredo is an easy skillet meal the whole family will love!
Sauteed Sesame Kale Noodles are a quick pasta dish with an Asian twist.
If you love pesto, check these out!
Pesto Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- 17.5 oz packaged Gnocchi
- 1 quart Reduced Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Rotisserie Chicken Breast shredded
- 2 Tbsp Pesto
- 1 cup Fresh Spinach or 1 cup frozen spinach
- Black Pepper to taste
- In a 3.5 quart soup pot; combine GNOCCHI and CHICKEN BROTH; bring to boil long enough to soften gnocchi (a few minutes).
- Reduce heat to med-low; add CHICKEN, PESTO, and SPINACH LEAVES; simmer until ingredients are warmed through (3-4 min); serve warm.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese if desired
Latest posts by Traci Antonovich (see all)
- Instant Pot Shredded Chicken - 01/17/2020
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes - 01/07/2020
- Vegetarian Instant Pot Recipes to WIN Meatless Mondays - 01/03/2020