15-minute Chicken Pesto Soup made with packaged gnocchi, rotisserie chicken, pesto, cream, spinach, and broth. This hearty soup recipe belongs in your weeknight dinner recipe collection.
Chicken Pesto Soup is a simple soup recipe with shredded chicken, packaged gnocchi, and mouthwatering pesto. I know you'll find this recipe to be crazy easy and super delicious. It's a budget-friendly, last-minute dinner that's great for busy weeknights.
- potato gnocchi - use any store-bought gnocchi for ultra convenience.
- chicken broth - or preferred broth.
- shredded chicken - use store-bought rotisserie chicken, Instant Pot shredded chicken, or leftovers from air fryer whole chicken.
- pesto - use store-bought pesto or budget friendly basil walnut pesto or arugula pesto.
- fresh spinach - or fresh kale
How to make chicken pesto soup in 15 minutes
- Add uncooked gnocchi and chicken stock to a soup pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add shredded chicken, heavy cream, pesto, and spinach.
- Reduce heat to med-low and simmer until ingredients are warmed through.
How to use rotisserie chicken
When we buy fresh-cooked, rotisserie chicken from the store, we don't just bring it home and devour it in one meal. Instead, we remove all the meat (it's easier while it’s still warm), eat a couple bites, and turn it into meals, preferably with other healthy ingredients surrounding it.
This way, we maximize our dollars and find ourselves with a delicious protein we can spread across a few meals.
Try these easy soup recipes
- Minestrone Soup [Instant Pot or Stove]
- Homemade Tomato Soup
- Lasagna Soup [Instant Pot or Stove]
- Italian Sausage Soup with Orzo
- Easy Chicken Tortilla Soup
- In-A-Hurry Kale Chickpea Soup
Gnocchi Chicken Pesto Soup
- Add GNOCCHI and CHICKEN BROTH to soup pot. Bring to a boil long enough to soften gnocchi.
- Reduce heat to med low. Add CHICKEN, HEAVY CREAM, PESTO, and SPINACH.
- Simmer until warmed through, stirring as needed.
- Serve warm. Garnish options: Parmesan cheese, chopped parsley, lemon juice, or crushed red pepper
Nutrition data provided as courtesy estimates using unbranded ingredients from a nutrition database. Please consult preferred resource for precise data.