Crockpot Chicken Vegetable Soup is a true, toss-and-go chicken soup recipe made with fresh and frozen vegetables, chicken broth, and tender chicken thighs that fall apart with very little effort. No pre-cooking ingredients in this slow cooker chicken soup. Just toss everything in, set the timer, and go do your thing!
Can you make chicken soup in a slow cooker?
You most certainly can!
In fact, my recipe is a super easy slow cooker chicken soup because there is no pre-cooking required.
Just toss the chicken, vegetables, broth, and seasonings in, and go do your thing.
Oh but first, set the slow cooker for 2 hours minimum on HIGH and 6-8 hours on LOW.
Can I make crockpot chicken soup with thighs?
Yup! In fact, boneless thighs are my favorite ingredient in chicken soup!
It’s ALL about texture for me!
Boneless white meat can overcook so quickly in a crockpot and resemble leather…and make an otherwise good soup…suck.
You can cook boneless thighs in a crockpot anywhere from 2-8 hours. They’re tender and juicy no matter what!
Once cooked, they fall apart so easily that you can shred them one-handed…no joke!
There are NO bones or gristle to sift out, which shaves off time and energy.
Oh, and there’s all that flavor, yo!
Can I put raw chicken in soup?
Great question! Before eating chicken, it must reach a safe, internal temperature of 165°.
This Crockpot chicken soup recipe calls for raw, boneless, chicken thighs to be added at the beginning of the cooking cycle. In this recipe, the chicken will reach an internal 165° temperature during that cycle.
However, if a soup is going to cook faster than the time it takes for raw chicken to cook to a 165° temperature, then you would not want to add raw chicken to that soup and find an alternative to cook the chicken.
How do you make crockpot chicken vegetable soup?
There are a million ways to make chicken soup, but here’s an overview of how I make it in the slow cooker (see full recipe below):
1. Chop all those veggies.
2. Throw ALL of the ingredients into your slow cooker (no precooking baby!)
3. Set cooker on low for 4 hours or high for 2 hours (*crockpot times may vary)
4. During last 30 minutes or so, add peas and corn.
5. Just before serving, remove the chicken thighs, shred them, and add back to the pot. Then devour!
Crockpot Chicken Vegetable Soup Ingredients:
- chicken thighs
- chicken stock
- salt, pepper, bay leaf, dried thyme
- frozen peas
- frozen corn
Kitchen tools you’ll need:
What crockpot did I use in the video?
Want more super easy chicken recipes?
Simple Baked Chicken Leg Drumsticks for the nights when you need hands-free dinner in under an hour.
This Easy Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili recipe involves a quick prep, no pre-cooking, and a set-and-forget method.
Check out 10 Minute Pesto Chicken Gnocchi Soup for those super duper busy weeknights!
Crockpot Chicken Vegetable Soup
- 1/2 lb Potatoes chopped
- 3 stalks Celery diced
- 1 large Carrots chopped
- 1 medium Onion diced
- 4 cloves Garlic finely chopped
- 1/4 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs 3 pieces
- 6 cups Reduced Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 tsp Salt
- Black Pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp dried Thyme
- 1 cup Peas frozen, canned, or fresh
- 1 cup Corn frozen, canned, or fresh
- In a 5 quart slow cooker or crock-pot, add POTATOES, CELERY, CARROTS, ONION, GARLIC, CHICKEN THIGHS, CHICKEN BROTH, BAY LEAF, SALT, PEPPER, and THYME. Set on HIGH for 2 hours or LOW up to 8 hours (*see note below).
- About 15-30 minutes before cook cycle is complete, stir in PEAS and CORN; allow to cook another 15-30 minutes.
- Just before serving, remove chicken thighs from cooker, place on a baking sheet, shred with tongs or a fork; stir back into soup; serve warm.
- Note: Crockpot times may vary depending on unit make and model. Please adjust accordingly when referencing recipe cooking times as your cooker may require more or less time.