Vegan Thai Lentil Chickpea Curry is a plant based coconut curry made with lentils, chickpeas, Thai curry paste, and a few, everyday ingredients. This recipe has instructions for the Instant Pot, slow cooker, and stove. It’s one of my favorite, weekly meal prep recipes!
Vegan Thai Lentil Chickpea Curry
Do you love the flavor of a Thai coconut curry? And do you need a plant based recipe made with lentils and chickpeas? I know I do!
How about another Instant Pot recipe while we’re at it? Roger that!
There’s a reason everyone’s throwing hallelujah hands in the air for the Instant Pot.
It’s the ultimate, hands-free, flavor-maker of easy, 30 minute meals.
Ok, so, it’s almost hands free…but it’s hands-free enough for me.
I mean, I love the feeling of being able to step away from cooking dinner while I multitask…and dinner still cooks. Then I come back to it, and boom…Thai curry!
Wait…what? Thai Curry?
Can you make chickpea curry in the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker?
Yep, and here’s how! (see full recipe below):
1. chop a few fresh ingredients and open a few cans
2. set Instant Pot on saute…and saute some veggies
3. toss in all other ingredients
4. close/lock/seal lid, set pressure cooker buttons
5. step away from the Instant Pot…and get stuff done
6. allow 5 minute natural pressure release
7. keep warm until ready to serve
How long do you pressure cook lentils and chickpeas?
For this Thai curry recipe, you definitely don’t want to overcook the lentils, so I do a manual time of +6 under high pressure with a 5 minute natural pressure release.
Any longer than that, and your lentils might resemble mashed potatoes.
I personally like lentils to hold their shape, but if you don’t mind them falling apart, knock yourself out and let them cook a few minutes longer.
What I love about a Thai lentil chickpea curry:
- naturally vegan AND gluten free
- budget friendly (because it uses everyday ingredients that can be cross-utilized with other ingredients)
- freezer-friendly…so you can have it on hand at all times
- easy to make
- almost hands-free
- packed with protein, fiber, and flavah
Want more healthy, plant-based comfort food recipes?
Vegan Thai Lentil Chickpea Curry Ingredients:
- coconut oil (or any oil)
- green onions
- fresh ginger
- fresh garlic
- red curry paste
- cherry tomatoes
- coconut milk
- dried brown lentils