This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Air fryer Brussels sprouts are perfectly crispy outside and tender inside with minimal oil. This air fried side or snack is ready in minutes!
Why you'll love this recipe
- You need minimal oil to air fry Brussels sprouts.
- It only takes 20 minutes and is mostly hand-off.
- Air frying doesn't heat up the kitchen like an oven does.
- Deliciously caramelized and crispy outside with a tender inside.
- This recipe can be used across multiple restricted diets.
These Brussels sprouts are on par with the deliciousness and convenience of air fryer mushrooms and air fryer asparagus. Serve them next to sour cream mashed potatoes or sweet potatoes to round out any entree.
- Brussels sprouts – Use fresh or frozen Brussels sprouts
- extra virgin olive oil - Use any preferred oil or oil spray.
- sea salt and black pepper - Season to taste.
How to make this recipe
Once you know how to air fry Brussels sprouts, with their crispy caramelized outside and tender inside, you may never use any other method. Here’s how:
Step 1. Preheat your air fryer at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Place Brussels sprouts in a large bowl. Drizzle a little olive oil over the sprouts. Toss to coat evenly. Season with salt and pepper, then place sprouts in the air fryer basket. It's ok if they overlap a little bit.
I'm using this air fryer, which is my go-to fryer for all things quick and crispy.
Step 2. Air fry the Brussels sprouts at 380 degrees Fahrenheit for 8 minutes. Remove and shake the basket to stir the Brussels sprouts in the basket. Air fry another 6 to 8 minutes, or until they’re browned and crispy to your liking.
Step 3. Transfer Brussels sprouts out of the air fryer basket and season again, if desired. Serve warm with your choice of toppings and devour!
Toppings for air fried Brussels sprouts
Take this side dish to a whole other level of satisfaction by adding any of these scrumptious toppings when serving.
- balsamic glaze
- crispy bacon
- shredded Parmesan cheese
- lemon tahini sauce
- sesame seeds
- toasted walnuts
- sweet chili sauce
- When rinsing Brussels sprouts, make sure to dry them completely because this prevents steaming in the air fryer and create a crispier surface.
- You only need the lightest coating of oil on the surface of the Brussels sprouts.
- Brussels sprouts can be air fried whole, but I prefer to cut them in half for much faster cook time and more surface browning, aka caramelization.
- Don't crowd the air fryer basket. It's fine if there's some overlap, but the hot air needs to circulate around the Brussels sprouts as much as possible because this is what makes them so crispy and irresistible.
- Air Fryer Turkey Breast
- Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin
- Homemade Beef Stroganoff
- Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo
- Ground Turkey Sloppy Joes
- Greek Lemon Chicken
- Garlic Butter Grilled Salmon Recipe
- Orange Glazed Spiral Ham
Storing and reheating
To store Brussels sprouts, allow to cool completely and refrigerate in an airtight container up to 5 days. You can reheat them in the air fryer at 350 degrees Fahrenheit, which is a delicate warming temperature that will prevent burning.
Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
Want to Save This Recipe?
Enter your email & I'll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
By submitting this form, you consent to receive emails from The Kitchen Girl.
- 1 pound Brussels Sprouts trimmed and halved (about 4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil or preferred oil
- pinch Sea Salt
- pinch Black Pepper
- 5.8 quart basket air fryer (Cosori XL) or other air fryer
- In a mixing bowl, toss BRUSSEL SPROUTS in OLIVE OIL to coat.
- Arrange in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry the Brussels sprouts at 370°F for 6-8 minutes.
- Remove basket, shake or stir the sprouts, and roast another 6-8 minutes, or until tender and crispy to your liking.
- Sprinkle SALT and PEPPER, to taste, and serve.
- Allow to cool completely and refrigerate in an airtight container up to 5 days.
Click stars to vote. Please visit 'Comments' below for reviews.