Instant Pot Thai Coconut Lentil Chickpea Curry is a creamy, Asian comfort food with a little Thai curry kick. It’s vegan AND gluten free, so we’re loving all the plant-based vibes here. It’s a lot like my 30-minute Vegan Thai Coconut Vegetable Curry only it’s loaded with garbanzo beans and lentils…and it’s made in the Instant Pot.
Instant Pot Thai Coconut Lentil Chickpea Curry
Who needs more lentil recipes? I do! I do! How about you?
Who needs more Instant Pot recipes? Check!
There’s a reason everyone’s throwing hallelujah hands in the air for the Instant Pot. It’s the ultimate, hands-free, flavor-maker of easy, 30 minute meals.
Ok, so, it’s almost hands free…but it’s hands-free enough for me.
I mean, I love the feeling of being able to step away from cooking dinner while I multitask…and dinner still cooks. Then I come back to it, and boom…curry!
Can you make curry in the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker?
You know it! Here’s the down and dirty (see full recipe below):
Please refer to full recipe below for detailed instructions.
- chop a few fresh ingredients and open a few cans
- set Instant Pot on saute…and saute some veggies
- toss in all other ingredients
- close/lock/seal lid, set pressure cooker buttons
- step away from the Instant Pot…and get stuff done
- allow 5 minute natural pressure release
- keep warm until ready to serve
How long do you pressure cook curried lentils in the Instant Pot?
You definitely don’t want to overcook them, so I do a manual time of 15 under high pressure with a 5 minute natural pressure release.
Any longer than 15 and 5, and your lentils might resemble mashed potatoes. I’m not into that with brown lentils.
Here’s what I love about this Thai Curry:
It’s vegan, gluten free, budget friendly, freezer-friendly, efficient to make, EASY to make, and SUPER delish…I mean, what with all the Thai flavah going on!!!
More TKG soups and chili:
And if you’re looking for some Italian, Instant Pot vibes, grab my Instant Pot Vegan Tuscan White Bean Kale Soup. It’s just as easy as this curry!
Ingredients you’ll need for Instant Pot Thai Coconut Lentil Chickpea Curry:
- coconut oil (or any oil)
- green onions
- fresh ginger
- fresh garlic
- red curry paste
- cherry tomatoes
- coconut milk
- brown lentils
Kitchen tools I use for this recipe:
* Note: This post has affiliate product links, which means I earn commissions when you purchase using those links (at no extra cost to you). THANK YOU for supporting The Kitchen Girl.
Latest posts by Traci Antonovich (see all)
- Citrus Fennel Arugula Salad with Champagne Vinaigrette - 03/20/2018
- Turmeric Chickpea Beetroot Hippie Bowl - 03/13/2018
- Vegan Veggie Chinese Lo Mein Noodles - 02/26/2018