Zoodle Quinoa Power Bowl is a made with spiralized zucchini noodles, beet noodles, spinach, quinoa, and pumpkin seeds. Everything is quickly sauteed together in extra virgin olive oil with a little salt and pepper. It’s a minimalist comfort food that keeps it light on busy weeknights or weekday lunches.
Zoodle Quinoa Power Bowl
Does the world really need another zoodle recipe…and another bowl meal?
Yup, especially when it uses everyday, plant based ingredients, comes together in under 30 minutes, and fills you up!
This power bowl is a one skillet wonder and puts two of my favorite meal prep ingredients to work for me…zucchini noodles and quinoa.
How do you make zucchini noodles?
I love to push my zucchini and beets for this recipe through the smallest blade on my spiralizer.
To make zucchini noodles:
1) wash and dry the zucchini
2) cut off each end of zucchini to flatten, cutting as little as possible
3) secure the zucchini between the slicing blade and the spiked handle on the opposite end.
4) Gently turn the handle, which naturally pushes zucchini into and through the spiralizing blade to create the zoodles.
What’s the best spiralizer to buy?
I own this OXO Spiralizer pictured above, which is a tabletop unit, and I LOVE it!!!
I’ve owned it for years and it has never failed me! I love the functionality, cutting precision, and price!
Before I bought it, I used my handheld Titan Vegetable Peeler and Slicer, which works fine for long produce, such as zucchini noodles.
If you use it for harder, rounded produce like beets, do so with caution so as not to injure yourself.
How to make Zoodle Quinoa Power Bowl
Assuming your ingredients are prepped…
1) heat skillet with oil
2) add zoodles and beet noodles; saute about 3 minutes
3) toss in pine nuts and pumpkin seeds; saute a few minutes
4) add cooked quinoa to warm it through
5) add spinach and saute a few minutes to slightly wilt
6) drizzle more oil (if needed); sprinkle salt and pepper; devour
* See full recipe below
Check out my other recipes using zucchini noodles / zoodles
Zoodle Quinoa Power Bowl Ingredients
- avocado oil or extra virgin olive oil
- spiralized zucchini noodles
- spiralized beet noodles
- unsalted pine nuts (or any nuts)
- raw pumpkin seeds
- cooked quinoa
- fresh spinach leaves
- salt and black pepper
Tools I use for this recipe:
- tabletop vegetable spiralizer to spiralize those veggies
- handheld vegetable spiralizer to spiralize those veggies
- T-fal nonstick skillet to sauté all veggies
- airtight storage containers