Zucchini Noodle Quinoa Bowl is made with spiralized zucchini noodles, beet noodles, spinach, quinoa, pine nuts, pepitas, and lemon. This 20-minute zoodle quinoa bowl is perfect for busy weeknights, post workouts, and weekday lunches.
Zucchini Noodle Quinoa Bowl
Does the world really need more zoodle recipes? Yes it does! Especially when it's zucchini season AND we're tryna get more plants into our diet with minimal effort. This power bowl is a quick and easy dinner recipe that uses two of my favorite meal prep ingredients ... zucchini noodles and quinoa.
Zucchini Noodle Quinoa Bowl Ingredients
- pine nuts (or any nuts)
- raw pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- extra virgin olive oil (or coconut oil)
- spiralized raw zucchini
- spiralized raw beet
- cooked quinoa
- fresh spinach leaves
- salt and black pepper
- fresh lemon
How to make zucchini noodles
Step 1. Wash and dry the zucchini.
Step 2. Cut off 1/4" end of the zucchini to create a flat surface on each end.
Step 3. Secure the zucchini between the slicing blade and the spiked handle on the opposite end.
Step 4. Gently turn the handle, which naturally pushes zucchini into and through the spiralizing blade to create the zoodles.
What's the best spiralizer?
I own this OXO Spiralizer pictured above, which is a tabletop unit, and I LOVE it!!! I've owned it for years and it has never failed me! I love the functionality, cutting precision, and price!
Before I bought it, I used my handheld Titan Vegetable Peeler and Slicer, which works fine for long-shaped produce like zucchini.
How to make a zoodle quinoa bowl
Step 1. Toast the nuts and pepitas in the skillet (without oil) and transfer out of the skillet.
Step 2. Heat olive oil in the skillet, and add spiralized zucchini and beet noodles; saute until tender (a few minutes...don't overcook).
Step 3. Add cooked quinoa and saute until warmed through. (even better if you heat the quinoa in a microwave before adding it to the skillet).
Step 4. Fold in fresh spinach and saute just until wilted.
Step 5. Add salt and pepper to taste; garnish with pine nuts and pumpkin seeds; serve warm...or chilled.
* See full recipe below
More plant-based dinner recipes
- Thai Peanut Zucchini Noodles
- Vegetable Lo Mein Noodles
- Banh Mi Buddha Bowl
- Asian Slaw Quinoa Salad
- Turmeric Chickpea Buddha Bowl
- Kale Sesame Noodles
- 50 Buddha Bowls to Reboot Your Plant-Based Routine
Zucchini Noodle Quinoa Bowl
- 2 Tbsp Pine Nuts or any nut
- 2 Tbsp Raw Pepitas
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil or coconut oil
- 1/2 lb Zucchini spiralized
- 1/4 lb Beet spiralized
- 1 cup cooked Quinoa
- 1 cup Fresh Spinach
- 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Lemon zested and juiced
- Heat a 10" skillet over medium-high heat. Add PINE NUTS and PEPITAS; toast until fragrant and lightly browned, stirring constantly. Transfer to a plate.
- To the skillet, add and heat OLIVE OIL until shimmering; add ZUCCHINI NOODLES and SPIRALIZED BEETS; sauté until slightly tender, stirring as needed (1-3 minutes).
- Add cooked QUINOA; sauté until warmed through, stirring as needed.
- Add FRESH SPINACH LEAVES and stir until wilted. SALT and PEPPER to taste.
- Serve warm garnished with LEMON ZEST, PINE NUTS, PUMPKIN SEEDS, and a squeeze of LEMON JUICE.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container up to 3 days; serve chilled or reheat as desired.