Zoodle Quinoa Bowl is made with zucchini noodles, beet noodles, spinach, quinoa, and pumpkin seeds. This 20-minute zoodle recipe is healthy comfort food that’s perfect for busy weeknights or weekday lunches.
Zoodle Quinoa Bowl
Does the world really need another zoodle recipe…and another bowl meal?
Yup, especially when it uses every day, plant-based ingredients, comes together in under 30 minutes, and fills you up!
This power bowl is a one-skillet wonder and puts two of my favorite meal prep ingredients to work for me…zucchini noodles and quinoa.
How to make zucchini noodles
Step 1. Wash and dry the zucchini.
Step 2. Cut off 1/4″ end of the zucchini to create a flat surface on each end.
Step 3. Secure the zucchini between the slicing blade and the spiked handle on the opposite end.
Step 4. Gently turn the handle, which naturally pushes zucchini into and through the spiralizing blade to create the zoodles.
I love to make zucchini noodles and beet noodles using the smallest blade on my spiralizer.
What’s the best spiralizer to buy?
I own this OXO Spiralizer pictured above, which is a tabletop unit, and I LOVE it!!!
I’ve owned it for years and it has never failed me! I love the functionality, cutting precision, and price!
Before I bought it, I used my handheld Titan Vegetable Peeler and Slicer, which works fine for long-shaped produce like zucchini.
If you use it for harder, rounded produce like beets, proceed with caution so as not to injure yourself because you’re naturally using more force to spiralize the produce.
How to make a quinoa bowl
Step 1. Toast the nuts and seeds and transfer them to a bowl.
Step 2. Heat olive oil, and add spiralized zucchini and beet noodles; saute until tender.
Step 3. Add cooked quinoa and saute until warmed through.
Step 4. Fold in fresh spinach and saute a few minutes until wilted.
Step 5. Add salt and pepper to taste; garnish with pine nuts and pumpkin seeds; serve warm…or chilled.
* See full recipe below
Check out my other spiralized zucchini recipes
Zoodle Quinoa Bowl Ingredients
- pine nuts (or any nuts)
- raw pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- extra virgin olive oil
- spiralized zucchini
- spiralized beet
- cooked quinoa
- fresh spinach leaves
- salt and black pepper
- tabletop vegetable spiralizer to spiralize those veggies
- handheld vegetable spiralizer to spiralize those veggies
- nonstick skillet to sauté all veggies
- airtight storage containers
Zoodle Quinoa Bowl
Toast the nuts
- Heat a 10" skillet over medium-high heat. Add PINE NUTS and RAW PUMPKIN SEEDS and toast until fragrant and lightly browned, stirring frequently (about 3 minutes). Transfer nuts and seeds to a bowl and set aside.
Saute the zoodles
- To the skillet, add and heat OLIVE OIL until shimmering; add ZUCCHINI NOODLES and BEET NOODLES; sauté until slightly tender, stirring as needed (1-3 minutes).
- Add cooked QUINOA; sauté until warmed through, stirring as needed.
- Add FRESH SPINACH LEAVES and stir until wilted; add SALT and PEPPER to taste; garnish with PINE NUTS and PUMPKIN SEEDS.
- Serve warm or refrigerate in an airtight container up to 3 days; serve chilled or reheat as desired.
Latest posts by Traci Antonovich (see all)
- Thai Coconut Soup - 12/01/2019
- Pear Cranberry Apple Crisp - 11/26/2019
- 14 Vegan Thanksgiving Recipes They’ll Love (even if they’re not vegan) - 11/24/2019