Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad
This shaved Brussels sprout salad recipe is festive, healthy, and loaded with superfoods like kale, pomegranate, and apples. It's the perfect combo of sweet and savory with TONS of texture in every bite! It's vegan, gluten-free, and perfect for the holidays...or ANY day!
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 0 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 8 1-cup servings
For the Brussels sprouts salad
- 1 lb. Whole Brussels Sprouts washed and air dried, ends cut off
- 4-6 pieces Dino Kale washed, air dried, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/4 Red Onion diced (about 1/3 cup)
- 1/4 cup Sunflower Seeds or any nuts or seeds
- 1 Honeycrisp Apple thinly sliced
- 1 cup Pomegranate Seeds
For the Apple Cider Vinaigrette
In a 16oz jar, combine VINEGAR, MAPLE SYRUP, DIJON, SALT, PEPPER, and OLIVE OIL.Use an immersion blender to blend the ingredients into a creamy dressing. If you don't have a blender, you can put a lid on the jar and shake vigorously, or whisk the ingredients with a fork until well-combined.
For the Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad
Trim the stems off the Brussels sprouts and run them through the food processor using the 'slicing' disk to shave them into thin slices. Set aside.In a large mixing bowl, de-stem the kale and tear into bite-sized pieces. Add shaved Brussels sprouts, cranberries, onion, pomegranate, sunflower seeds, and vinaigrette. Toss to combine, then add apple slices and gently toss again. Transfer salad to a serving bowl.
Yield: 8 cups
Serving size: 1 cup
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy and are estimates based on unbranded ingredients acquired from a nutrition database. For accurate calculations, please refer to brand packaging information and consult your nutritionist.
- You can make this salad a few days in advance, but don't dress it until ready to serve. This helps maintain optimal texture and color.
- To prevent apples from browning, soak them in 1 cup of water with 2 Tbsp lemon juice until needed.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 159.43kcal | Carbohydrates: 18.19g | Protein: 3.33g | Fat: 9.49g | Saturated Fat: 1.2g | Sodium: 74mg | Potassium: 330.94mg | Fiber: 4.22g | Sugar: 10.66g | Vitamin A: 489.75IU | Vitamin C: 52.19mg | Calcium: 33.22mg | Iron: 1.17mg