Smoked Salmon Dip with Greek Yogurt is an easy salmon dip recipe made with cream cheese, greek yogurt, horseradish, lemon juice, and fresh dill. Serve salmon dip with crackers, vegetables, or crostini at your next brunch or holiday breakfast.
Smoked salmon dip with a healthy twist
Smoked salmon dip is perfect for brunch, holiday parties, weekend breakfast, or even breakfast during the workweek. It’s usually made smoked salmon, cream cheese, mayonnaise, and seasoning ingredients.
Instead of using sour cream for this recipe, I use Greek yogurt to knock down the fat calories and add a little protein. If you know me, you know this is one of my favorite recipes hacks.
Salmon Dip Recipe Ingredients
- cream cheese
- Greek yogurt (I use nonfat Greek yogurt)
- prepared horseradish
- lemon juice
- black pepper
- Kosher salt (optional)
- Worcestershire sauce
- fresh dill
What salmon do I use for smoked salmon dip?
Sliced smoked salmon is the most common type used in this style of salmon dip. It’s packaged in thin flat slices and commonly referred to as ‘lox’. It’s very rich, salty, and a little goes a long way.
In fact, for this recipe, you’ll want to taste the dip before adding any salt to it, as it may be unnecessary.
How to make salmon dip
- Blend softened cream cheese, Greek yogurt, horseradish, lemon juice, pepper, salt, and Worcestershire together in a bowl.
- Fold in the smoked salmon and dill.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate in an airtight container up to 5 days.
* See full recipe below (includes video)
How to serve smoked salmon on a budget
If you serve sliced, smoked salmon on a platter to party guests, those slices disappear in no time, and the dollars add up quickly. This smoked salmon dip is the ticket!
If you’re entertaining on a budget, you can buy smoked salmon in bulk, freeze it in smaller portions, thaw as needed, and create elegant party dips like this.
When it’s party time, break out the portioned salmon to make this dip and serve it on a tray with crackers, bread, and vegetables.
This way, you cover a lot more ground with less cost.
Grab these easy dip recipes
- Loaded Black Bean Dip
- Homemade Hummus Recipe
- Arugula Pesto (made with walnuts)
- Herb Artichoke White Bean Dip
- Guiltless French Onion Dip
Smoked Salmon Dip Recipe
- 8 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 1/2 cup Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp Prepared Horseradish
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Pinch Kosher Salt
- 2 dashes Worcestershire Sauce
- 6 oz Smoked Salmon
- 1 Tbsp fresh Dill
- In mixing bowl, use an electric hand mixer to cream together CREAM CHEESE, YOGURT, HORSERADISH, LEMON JUICE, PEPPER, SALT, AND WORCESTERSHIRE.
- Fold in SMOKED SALMON and fresh DILL.
- Cover and refrigerate up to 5 days; serve chilled with bread, crackers, or vegetables.