Whether you’re trying to come up with ways to use winter holiday leftovers or find a chilly deli salad in the middle of a hot summer, this Skinny Turkey Waldorf Salad recipe turns any turkey into a sweet, savory, salad that’s anything but ordinary.
Skinny Turkey Waldorf Salad
When you have fresh apples, celery, chives, parsley, and extra turkey on hand…you kinda have to make a Waldorf-style salad.
I think the key to turning this one into a texture-parade is to chop or dice ingredients as small as possible. It’s a labor of love, but I swear it makes the salad so. much. better. Doncha just wanna eat these little pieces with your fingers?!?!
So, what makes this Turkey Waldorf skinny?
1) I’ve ditched the usual mayo-based dressing and subbed in my favorite Fage Nonfat Greek Strained Yogurt
2) I’m using boneless, oven-baked turkey breast. Chicken breast works great too…I’ve done both…they rock.
And bonus!…we’re getting A-list nutrients including calcium, vitamin A, vitamin C, iron, potassium, protein, and fiber. Love that!!!
This Skinny Turkey Waldorf Salad is great for any season, but I especially love it during the warmer months.
Come in from the heat, bite into this chilly, crunchy, zingy, flavorful, turkey salad…it’s spot on. Makes perfect picnic food too!
Throw it on a sandwich…or scoop it on a beautiful bed of butter lettuce…oh yeah!!!
Here are the ingredients you’ll need for this recipe:
- dried cranberries
- Italian parsley
- greek nonfat yogurt
- Bragg raw apple cider vinegar
- black pepper
For another refreshing salad, you might also like to try my Broccoli Bacon Grape Blue Cheese Salad. This salad has that sweet and savory, fruit/veg combo thing happening.
Or, if you wanna go vegetarian with your sandwiches next week…try my Chickpea Smash: Eggless Egg Salad. Takes a whopping 5 minutes to make.
Latest posts by Traci Antonovich (see all)
- Blueberry Crisp [Vegan Gluten Free] - 07/10/2018
- Icebox Chocolate Eclair Cake: Easy No Bake Dessert - 07/03/2018
- Blueberry Greek Yogurt Fruit Popsicles - 06/20/2018