BLT Pasta Salad with Avocado and Ranch is a cold pasta salad with bacon, lettuce, tomato, and avocado, drizzled with a skinny Ranch dressing! It’s everyone’s favorite sandwich combo made into a scrumptious pasta salad. Grab a fork!!!
BLT Pasta Salad with Avocado and Ranch
This salad…it’s like a giant bowl of bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwichs tossed together with avocado, pasta noodles, and creamy ranch dressing!
Just you go ahead and try to make BLT pasta salad without sneaking bite, after bite, after bite, before unveiling it at your next event…or your next lunch break.
When I make this salad, I can barely keep from eating the whole thing! Every single bite is as good as the last, all the way to the finish.
BLT pasta salad recipe tips for saving time and creating quality
Ranch dressing: Make my secretly healthy Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing a few hours in advance, or even a day ahead. The more time the dressing ingredients get to hang out together, the better they will taste!
Pasta: Always rinse the pasta in cold water when it’s finished cooking. This stops it cooking, cools it down, and removes excess starch.
You can use any type of pasta you like.
I personally like spiral noodles because they’re easier to pick up with a fork and pile on all the ingredient.
I like to chill them for a bit before making BLT pasta salad, especially if I’m eating it on a warm summer day.
Lettuce: I love to use romaine or iceberg lettuce, or combine the two for this pasta salad.
You can prep it a day or two before serving, just be sure to air dry the lettuce completely before storing in the fridge.
Bacon: Feel free to use your favorite pre-cooked bacon or bacon bits for this pasta salad.
If you cook your own, do it a day or two in advance to avoid extra tasks the day of your event.
Avocado: Be sure to use a ripe, but not too ripe, avocado for BLT pasta salad.
For optimal avocado freshness, I recommend waiting until the last minute to chop and add avocado to the salad.
Serving tip: Keep all prepped ingredients separate from each other until you’re ready to toss the salad together. Think of it as a sacred wedding day, because BLT pasta salad is…pretty much is exactly that!
BLT Pasta Salad Ingredients
- cooked rotini pasta (or any pasta noodles)
- romaine lettuce
- cherry tomatoes
- cooked bacon
- red onion
- Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing
Kitchen tools I use for this recipe:
If you like BLT pasta salad, you’ll enjoy these too!
This Classic Macaroni Salad with Greek Yogurt Dressing has a few secretly healthy ingredients.
This Tortellini Pesto Pasta Salad will get demolished at any warm-weather event!
Check out my Asian Quinoa Slaw Salad with Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette…it’s just as addictive as Ranch BLT pasta salad, only it’s Asian-inspired.
My Broccoli Bacon Grape Blue Cheese Salad makes broccoli literally disappear before your eyes!
BLT Pasta Salad with Avocado and Ranch
- 2 cups Spiral Pasta uncooked
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt add this to pasta water
- 4-6 cups Romaine Lettuce chopped
- 2 cups Cherry Tomatoes halved
- 1/2 lb Bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 small Red Onion diced
- 1 Avocado about 1 cups diced
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing optional
Cook the pasta
- Cook PASTA NOODLES in SALTED WATER according to package instructions.Rinse with cool water to prevent further cooking.Drain and set aside, or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
To serve the salad
- Place LETTUCE and cooked PASTA in a large mixing bowl; drizzle half of the RANCH DRESSING over them and toss to lightly coat. (This is an old restaurant trick...do it!)
- Transfer both in a large salad serving bowl; add TOMATOES, BACON, RED ONION, and AVOCADO to the surface; drizzle with RANCH DRESSING; gently toss to combine; serve immediately.
Pro tip: Prep ingredients ahead and store individually until ready to toss with dressing.
Latest posts by Traci Antonovich (see all)
- Easy Baked Chicken Leg Drumsticks - 11/16/2019
- 20 Thanksgiving Recipes That are Elegant & Easy…Really! - 11/08/2019
- Sausage Stuffing with Apples - 11/05/2019