Healthy Oven Baked Eggs with Brussels sprouts, broccoli, and red onion. One sheet pan is all you need! Learn how to bake eggs in the oven in 20 minutes…the easy way!
Oven Baked Eggs with Veggies
Raise your hand if you love a hands-free, healthy breakfast in 20 minutes with a 5-minute prep!
Oven-baked eggs are one of our favorite, cool-weather breakfasts.
They’re such a great alternative to fried eggs, and you can still cook the yolk to your liking.
I personally like to mop up the yolk with the broccoli. So, I’m a sunny side up gal!
But, I’ve had them over-hard a few times (accidentally overbaked…oops!), and they were still super delish!
This is one of our favorite weekend breakfasts and Jeff volunteers to make it almost every weekend. We’ve had this breakfast 20 times this season alone!
What I LOVE about oven baked eggs
- Less oil! Yes, you will use so much less oil by baking eggs instead of frying them.
- This baked eggs recipe is…hardly a recipe. You toss oiled veggies on a sheet pan, bake, add the eggs, back some more, and devour!
- You get to eat ALL the veggies … for breakfast!!!
- When you get a bite of egg yolk with a piece of broccoli, or brussels sprout, or onion…or ALL three veggies? Omgeeeee, it’s pure heaven!!!
- So healthy!! They’re naturally gluten-free, keto, paleo, whole 30, and ovo-vegetarian approved!
How to make Oven Baked Eggs and Veggies
Step 1. Chop veggies and lightly coat them with olive oil (even better if you massage the oil into the veggies with your hands).
Step 2. Bake the veggies on a baking sheet in preheated 400° oven for 10 minutes.
Step 3. Remove baking sheet and use a cooking utensil to clear small areas between the veggies where you will add the eggs. You’ll want the eggs to be in full contact with the baking sheet. Add a small amount of oil or cooking spray to the cleared areas.
Step 4. Crack the eggs into the cleared areas, sprinkle with salt and pepper, return to the oven.
Step 5. Return baking sheet to the oven; bake 4-5 minutes (for sunny side up yolks) and 6-8 minutes (for harder yolks)
Sheet pan baked eggs will yield runny yolks or hard yolks, and everything in between. It all hinges upon how you prefer them and, most importantly, how long you bake them.
We rarely get the exact same egg yolk texture…and I’m totally fine with that because I find this dish to be gobble-down-crazy-scrumptious no matter how the eggs are cooked.
Allow your eggs to sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes before adding them to the sheet pan. This helps them cook faster and improves their texture in the oven.
Oven-Baked Eggs with Veggies [Ingredients]
- Brussels sprouts
- red onion
- extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- black pepper
Kitchen tools I use this recipe:
More breakfast recipes
- Breakfast Pizza on Puff Pastry
- Vegetarian Crustless Quiche
- Steel Cut Oats for Instant Pot or Stove
- Prosciutto Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
Oven Baked Eggs with Veggies
- 1 cup Brussels Sprouts halved
- 1 cup Broccoli cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 Red Onion sliced thick
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 Eggs
- 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 Lemon for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°
Bake the veggies first
- Spread BRUSSELS SPROUTS, BROCCOLI, and ONION on baking sheet; drizzle OLIVE OIL; massage into veggies; bake for 10 minutes.
Bake the eggs
- Carefully remove the baking sheet from the oven; clear enough spaces for the eggs and add a small amount of oil to the spaces
- Crack the eggs one by one, dropping into each cleared space; sprinkle SALT and PEPPER over eggs and veggies.
- Return baking sheet to oven, bake 4-5 minutes (for sunny side up) and 6-8 minutes (for harder yolks)
- Remove baking sheet from oven; squeeze LEMON over the surface; serve warm.