Pear Apple Cranberry Crisp is a baked dessert filled with fresh pears, apples, and whole cranberries. It’s sweetened with maple syrup and finished with a slightly sweet, crispy oat topping. It’s naturally vegan and gluten free, which makes it secretly healthy, but that’s our secret!
Pear Apple Cranberry Crisp
This recipe follows a basic fruit crisp recipe, but it’s geared for the holiday season with ALL the cranberries.
With the addition of pears, and fresh ginger, uhm, look out for your new favorite dessert!
Not to mention, fruit crisp is one of the easiest, scrumptious dessert recipes in the history of baked desserts.
In fact, it’s pretty hard to screw one of these up…unless you have a faulty oven, or misread the recipe amounts and used too much salt or something along those lines.
So, how do you make an apple crisp…or any fruit crisp?
Be sure to see my full recipe below, but the general idea is this:
- Peel and dice fruit.
- Whisk together a few basic ingredients (lemon juice, starch, spice, & sweetener) which will bind the fruit and make it sexy!
- Make the crumb topping and sprinkle over fruit, which makes it sexier!
- Top with a scoop of ice cream…and devour!
It’s really as simple as that. There are countless apple crisp variations…this is the basic idea.
How do you make a crumb topping?
- Combine oats, flour, sweetener, spices, and oil.
- Blend together with pastry blender (or your hands)
- Try not to eat it all before using it on the fruit crisp
There are countless variations on topping ingredients, but that’s the main idea. It will naturally become crispy after a trip to the oven.
Ingredients you’ll need for Pear Apple Cranberry Crisp (see full recipe below for amounts):
For the filling:
2 cups fresh cranberries
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp arrowroot or 1 tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp fresh ginger
1/2 tsp cinnamon
For the topping:
1 cup whole rolled oats
1/2 cup oat flour (ground oats)
2/3 cup walnuts (chopped)
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup coconut oil (or butter)
Kitchen tools I use for this recipe
Looking for a more healthy holiday recipes from my kitchen?
These are my tried and tested vegan holiday recipes. You won’t go wrong with these!
Or check out the complete roundup my Meatless Winter Holiday Recipes. Most are actually vegan and gluten free…for the win!
* Note: This post has affiliate product links, which means I earn commissions when you purchase using those links (at no extra cost to you). THANK YOU for supporting The Kitchen Girl.
Latest posts by Traci Antonovich (see all)
- Pear Apple Cranberry Crisp: Naturally Vegan and GF - 11/17/2017
- No Cook Cranberry Pomegranate Relish - 11/15/2017
- Butternut Squash Baked Mac and Cheese - 11/13/2017