Pear Apple Cranberry Crisp is a vegan, gluten free, skillet-baked dessert filled with fresh pears, apples, and whole cranberries. It’s sweetened with maple syrup and finished with a slightly sweet, crispy oat topping. It’s secretly healthy, but we can keep that a secret!
Pear Apple Cranberry Crisp
This recipe follows a basic fruit crisp recipe, but it’s geared for the holiday season with ALL the cranberries.
With the addition of pears, and fresh ginger, uhm, look out for your new favorite dessert!
Not to mention, fruit crisp is one of the easiest, scrumptious dessert recipes in the history of baked desserts.
In fact, it’s pretty hard to screw one of these up…unless you have a faulty oven, or misread the recipe amounts and used too much salt or something along those lines.
How do you make gluten free apple crisp?
Be sure to see my full recipe below, but the general idea is this:
- Peel and dice fruit.
- Whisk together a few basic ingredients (lemon juice, starch, spice, & sweetener) which will bind the fruit and make it sexy!
- Make the crumb topping and sprinkle over fruit, which makes it sexier!
- Top with a scoop of ice cream…and devour!
It’s really as simple as that. There are countless apple crisp variations…this is the basic idea.
How do you make gluten free apple crisp topping?
1. Combine oats, flour, sweetener, spices, and oil.
2. Blend together with pastry blender (or your hands)
3. Try not to eat it all before using it on the fruit crisp
There are countless variations on topping ingredients, but that’s the main idea.
It will naturally become crispy after a trip to the oven.
Pear Apple Cranberry Crisp Ingredient List:
For the filling:
- whole cranberries
- maple syrup
- lemon juice
- arrowroot (or cornstarch)
- fresh ginger
For the topping:
- whole rolled oats
- oat flour (ground oats)
- walnuts (chopped)
- brown sugar
- tsp salt
- coconut oil (or butter)
Kitchen tools I use for this recipe:
Looking for more healthy holiday recipes from my kitchen?
These are my tried and tested vegan holiday recipes. You won’t go wrong with these!