This sweet and spicy Peach Salsa is made with fresh peaches, tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, garlic, and lime. Indulge in classic Mexican flavors with this low carb, summer salsa as an appetizer, side dish, or taco topping!
Fresh Peach Salsa Recipe
This easy peach salsa recipe is evidence that fruit AND vegetables can live happily ever after in one bowl. The proof…it disappears almost as fast as you serve it!
If you love peaches like I do, you’ll love this low carb fruit salsa come late summer when you have peaches for dayssss.
What goes in a peach salsa?
This salsa recipe is made with fresh peaches, tomato, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, garlic, lime juice, and a little salt. It’s like a classic Mexican salsa with juicy, scrumptious, healthy peaches added to it!
You may wonder if you can substitute garlic powder for fresh garlic or dried cilantro for fresh cilantro in this recipe. I recommend using only fresh ingredients in this salsa for maximum flavor and texture.
How is peach salsa made?
Fresh peach salsa is a fruit salsa that’s made like pico de gallo, therefore not pureed.
The peaches and tomatoes are diced into roughly 1/2“ pieces, and the remaining ingredients are more finely chopped.
Ingredients are tossed together in a bowl and chilled until ready to serve. This is why it can also be called salsa Fresca (fresh salsa) because it’s never cooked.
How to serve peach salsa
As a salsa with tortilla chips, as a Mexican side dish, or spooned over these Grilled Chicken Tacos.
Also, if you ever want salsa but you only have 5 minutes to make it, check out my 5 Minute Blender Salsa! You may never buy packaged salsa again!
Tips to select and prepare peaches for salsa
Tip 1: Select peaches that aren’t too ripe. Gently press your finger into the surface of peaches to gage firmness. If they indent too easily, they’re too ripe to stay pretty in salsa, so look for slightly firmer, ripened peaches,
Tip 2: Rinse the surface of peaches under cool water and allow to dry.
Tip 3: Slice peaches in half, remove the pits, and continue dicing the flesh into 1/2“ chunks. No need to peel the peaches, unless you prefer to do so.
What I love about this salsa recipe:
- The ingredients are SUPER fresh with NO packaging = LESS SODIUM and NO ADDED SUGAR.
- This salsa tastes less acidic than traditional tomato pico de gallo because of the added fruit.
- Accommodates vegan, gluten-free, paleo, Whole 30, and keto diets.
- Eat as a salsa appetizer or serve as a condiment for entrees.
- It’s so easy to make and literally tastes like warm weather.
- You save money by skipping prepackaged salsas (and boost the quality).
Peach Salsa Ingredients
- fresh peaches
- tomatoes (or bell pepper)
- red onion
- fresh cilantro
- lime juice
- jalapenos (or serrano peppers)
- fresh garlic
- salt and pepper
Kitchen tools I use for this recipe:
- chef knife
- cutting board
- salad spinner (to wash cilantro)
- Microplane fine grater (to grate garlic)
- citrus juicer (or a fork will do)
- mixing bowl
- storage container
Grab these other Mexican recipes
Fresh Peach Salsa Recipe
- 2 Ripe Peaches or 2 cups diced
- 2 Tomatoes or 2 cups diced
- 1/2 medium Red Onion or 1/2 cup diced
- 1/4 cup Cilantro chopped
- 1 Lime 2 Tbsp juiced
- 1 fresh Jalapeno seeded, diced
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- In a mixing bowl, combine PEACHES, TOMATOES, ONION, CILANTRO, LIME JUICE, JALAPENOS, GARLIC, SALT and PEPPER.
- Gently toss to combine; cover and refrigerate in an airtight container until ready to serve.
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy and are estimates based on unbranded ingredients acquired from a nutrition database. For accurate calculations, please refer to brand packaging information and consult your nutritionist.