Peach Salsa recipe is a sweet, spicy fruit salsa with fresh peaches, tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, jalapeno, garlic, and lime. Indulge in classic Mexican flavors with this healthy summer treat! Serve peach salsa as an appetizer, side dish, or topping for tacos!
Fresh Peach Salsa
This easy peach salsa is evidence that fruit AND vegetables can live happily ever after in one bowl. The proof...it disappears almost as fast as you serve it!
If you love peaches like I do, you'll love this low carb fruit salsa come late summer when you have peaches for dayssss.
What goes in a peach salsa?
This salsa recipe is made with fresh peaches, tomato, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, garlic, lime juice, and a little salt. It's like a classic Mexican salsa with juicy, scrumptious, healthy peaches added to it!
You may wonder if you can substitute garlic powder for fresh garlic or dried cilantro for fresh cilantro in this recipe. I recommend using only fresh ingredients in this salsa for maximum flavor and texture.
How is fruit salsa made?
- Dice the fruit - Dice the peaches and tomatoes, and combine them in a mixing bowl. Should you peel the peaches and tomatoes? Persona preference. I've done both. I love both.
- Prep other ingredients - zest and juice the lime, dice the onion, chop cilantro, mince the garlic, dice the jalapenos.
- Combine everything - Mix everything together in one bowl, cover and refrigerate.
Fresh peach salsa is made like pico de gallo and mango salsa, therefore not pureed. It's also called salsa Fresca (fresh salsa) because it’s never cooked.
How to serve peach salsa
Also, if you ever want salsa but you only have 5 minutes to make it, check out my 5 Minute Blender Salsa!
My readers are telling me they're never buying packaged salsa again!
Tips to select and prepare peaches for salsa
Tip 1: Select peaches that aren’t too ripe. Gently press your finger into the surface of peaches to gage firmness. If they indent too easily, they're too ripe to stay pretty in salsa, so look for slightly firmer, ripened peaches,
Tip 2: Rinse the surface of peaches under cool water and allow to dry.
Tip 3: Slice peaches in half, remove the pits, and continue dicing the flesh into 1/2“ chunks. No need to peel the peaches, unless you prefer to do so.
What I love about this salsa recipe:
- The ingredients are SUPER fresh with NO packaging.
- Less sodium and NO ADDED SUGAR.
- This salsa tastes less acidic than traditional tomato pico de gallo because of the added fruit.
- Accommodates vegan, gluten-free, paleo, Whole 30, and keto diets.
- Eat as a salsa appetizer or serve as a condiment for entrees.
- It’s so easy to make and literally tastes like summer.
- You boost the quality AND save money by making your own salsa.
Peach Salsa Ingredients
- fresh peaches
- tomatoes (or bell pepper)
- red onion
- fresh cilantro
- lime juice
- jalapenos (or serrano peppers)
- fresh garlic
- salt and pepper
- chef knife
- cutting board
- salad spinner (to wash cilantro)
- Microplane fine grater (to grate garlic)
- citrus juicer (or a fork will do)
- mixing bowl
- storage container
Grab these other Mexican recipes
- Mango Salsa
- Chicken Tacos with Peach Salsa
- Totchos Tater Tot Nachos
- Homemade Salsa for Any Season
- Sheet Pan Steak Salad Nachos
Fresh Peach Salsa
- 2 Fresh Peaches or 2 cups diced
- 2 Tomatoes or 2 cups diced
- 1/2 medium Red Onion or 1/2 cup diced
- 1/4 cup Cilantro chopped
- 1 Lime 2 Tbsp juiced
- 1 fresh Jalapeno seeded, diced
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- In a mixing bowl, combine PEACHES, TOMATOES, ONION, CILANTRO, LIME JUICE, JALAPENOS, GARLIC, SALT and PEPPER.
- Gently toss to combine; cover and refrigerate in an airtight container until ready to serve.